Harrows Darts.

Online Board Play Opinions
Question 
Hi All

To All who own or use an Online Soft tip board.

I'm Looking to purchase A Soft Tip Online Board. I have owned a few low budget offline boards and think it would be more fun now to play online.  Played on a Phoenix Machine while on holiday and loved it.

Would greatly appreciate some feedback to the following Points regarding.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Nexus - Lobby Population ( Many people in lobby's ? )

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Granboard - 2v2 Online play available ?

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Are all Granboards backwards compatible are the models able to compete against each other as I have also seen 321 which matches Steel tip dimentions I think. eg could a Dash vs a 321 edition?

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Also with Granboard do people play with 1 or 2 cams does it make a difference to getting a game?. 

Many Thanks  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Each platform has a Facebook group for online players.

I'd suggest going on there and seeing what people are saying, you'd also be more likely to get answers to any specific questions.

I think for online play, there are 4 main options:-

Granboard
VDarts
Dartslive
Nexus

I own a Gran and VDarts.

I think the wind is blowing towards Gran.

Nexus had a good following as they were the only board you could buy directly in the UK and a lot of people bought one during lockdown. Unfortunately, if you go on the Nexus players FB group, you will see a lot of people complaining about problems with their boards, especially the battery in the tablet. Once it's out of warranty, Target don't want to know.

VDarts is decent but frankly I prefer the software on Gran and the online experience is better and there is a bigger community.

I've not played on a Dartslive and they're not available from UK stockists.

Your questions on the Gran:-

Online Doubles - yes, this is available.

All versions of the board use the same software and are compatible. You can even play on a 132 vs a regular sized board. There is a symbol shown in the online lobby which shows who is on a 132.

Most players aren't running 2 cameras so it doesn't stop you getting games. I use the camera app, it's really good and easy to use.

I've owned both a Gran 3S and a Dash, both are good. I started with the Dash and have recently upgraded. It really depends how much you want to spend.
Cheers Don appreciate the feedback. Last night I managed to Play on a Viper 850 offline board. Was good fun, I’m now seriously thinking about the Gran 3s, the main UK darts retailers have them all in stock which I didn’t realise. I noticed my typo in my previous post 321 lol oh well. I also like the effects and lights the 3s has and in app visuals to even make it fun for friends who may not be mad on darts.
I really like my all in one set up with the Nexus, very solid construction at least with the housing and external construction. That being said there seems to be a concern as to whether Target is going to support the board going forward and they are not responding to inquiries concerning the same. And that to me is troubling.

Which leaves me feeling like I may be in possession of nothing more than a expensive practice board hanging on my wall.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best Board for Online Play GeekDarts 4 426 03-26-2021, 03:24 PM
Last Post: Don Hagliatelli
  Dartslive 200s introduces online play Don Hagliatelli 1 1,530 04-25-2020, 08:06 PM
Last Post: chrisbck
  Online Play for Members Thread nixer55 6 929 03-25-2020, 05:46 PM
Last Post: greenbean
  Best online board Stealth501 2 391 01-10-2020, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Blanton
  Target Nexus Online Board Darty 127 15,416 01-11-2019, 08:01 PM
Last Post: BRawsKO
  Cannot connect to online game with Gran Board 3 Ryan Shaw 3 3,396 07-02-2018, 08:27 PM
Last Post: Ryan Shaw
  Online Play... HELP! Bryanthrax 4 1,104 12-14-2017, 04:43 PM
Last Post: TJSlayer
  Future on online play... TJSlayer 6 859 12-13-2017, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl
  Which soft tip board for online Dads3sons 10 2,808 03-24-2017, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Pawnshop_Darts
  Need Impressions/Opinions/Recommendations - Harrows Barrel, soft tips AngryIceCream 31 9,043 06-18-2016, 02:41 PM
Last Post: AngryIceCream