Unicorn

Advanced finishing routine
Hii  guys

i wanna share a practice routine that improve your finishing and shots under pressure, 

Its a modifed 10 up 1 down routine, 
: u start from the finish 2,  if u hit it with in 3 darts u go to 12, if u mis 12 with 3 darts u drop to 11, finish 11 in 3 darts u go to 21 etc. But i put a extra pressure rulle, if you mis 10 finishes in a row  its game over

For example,  i finish 81 so go to 91, but i mis 91 90 89 88 87 86 85 84 83 82 its game over and restart on 2,  try to beat your own record  

Its a advanced routine but u can give your self more darts for a finish if people wanna play this at a lower level,  be free to modifed the routine to your own ability.

Good thing about this routine u practice also the single double finishes like 3, 5,41 etc , also u can switch starting number  like start on 3 or 5 etc.

Good  luck  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thanks for this I’ll give it a go. Double 1 is always a good one for me to practice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha, if its to hard, dont play with the extra rule That u mis 10 in a row its game over, u can also add the bullseye rule, if u cant finish with the last dart, throw the last dart at the bullseye if u hit it u stay on that finish so u dont drop down, or just the 25 depends on your level,

Hope its gonna help, and u have fun with it, thats the most important thing
Interesting start at D1. This game usually starts at 60. I think I'll try it, I wonder how quickly I get to 60.
Yes but i change it because if i start on 60 i only practice one dart at a double, now i get sometimes 3, and also practice 29 35 etc, somedays i did only 2-80 and did 5 up 1 down,
Good variation to this, I like it. Also adds the element of pressure which is required for any type of practice game.

Thank you for sharing.
Started playing April 2020

Board - Winmau - Blade 5
Darts Currently  - Whatever feels right

Best 501 game -  16 darts
Number of 180s - 2020 = 5, 2021 = 15
Highest checkout - 170
good game idea, gonna try now

I tried that this morning. It took me about 8 minutes to get over 60. I was playing for about 30 - 40 minutes, the highest outshot was 89, therefore the highest target was 99.
(07-29-2021, 05:54 PM)elevendarter Wrote: I tried that this morning. It took me about 8 minutes to get over 60. I was playing for about 30 - 40 minutes, the highest outshot was 89, therefore the highest target was 99.
Very good for the first time,  nearly over the 100 is always good.   Did u like  it?
I was just wondering how long it would take me to be at 60, which is the number I usually start at. I wouldn't call it as a "first time" though. The first time I was playing the "60" was approximately 22 years ago :-) BTW, what I find interesting at this game is, it always hooks me for longer time than when I only bash 20's.
Did u also play it 22 years ago with the rule if u miss 10 finishes in a row its game over? That rule really help me a lot to play and hit finishes under pressure. Yea time flys if i play this routine, maybe because u throw every visit to different targets, and need a high concentration level to come far in this
(07-29-2021, 10:07 PM)rvh1991 Wrote: Did u also play it 22 years ago with the rule if u miss 10 finishes in a row its game over?  That rule really help me a lot to play and hit finishes under pressure.  Yea  time flys if i play this routine,  maybe because u throw every visit to different targets,  and need a high concentration level to come far in this

Well, no, I didn't. However, I was explaining this game to a mate once back then, and he asked: "I get it, so if I miss twenty times, I'd be on 40, right?" And I replied something like: "No, if you miss that many times, you'd be so annoyed that you'd already quit anyway..." :-)

Also, thinking about it, having missed 10 times is a question of approxamitelly 2 - 3 minutes. I wouldn't give up that early. And getting back to the start doesn't seem to be the best idea here in this routine. I usually have the opposite problem. Once I start playing this, I don't know when to stop :-) For that reason I created a spreadsheet that limits this routine up to 100 rounds. I assume that's as long as five rounds of doubles, which is approximately 5 * 5 minutes, therefore this routine is shorten to cca 25 minutes.

If you're interested, it's included in my 170 in 9 darts... spreadsheet.
https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/thread-2...#pid616490
(07-30-2021, 09:11 AM)elevendarter Wrote:
(07-29-2021, 10:07 PM)rvh1991 Wrote: Did u also play it 22 years ago with the rule if u miss 10 finishes in a row its game over?  That rule really help me a lot to play and hit finishes under pressure.  Yea  time flys if i play this routine,  maybe because u throw every visit to different targets,  and need a high concentration level to come far in this

Well, no, I didn't. However, I was explaining this game to a mate once back then, and he asked: "I get it, so if I miss twenty times, I'd be on 40, right?" And I replied something like: "No, if you miss that many times, you'd be so annoyed that you'd already quit anyway..." :-)

Also, thinking about it, having missed 10 times is a question of approxamitelly 2 - 3 minutes. I wouldn't give up that early. And getting back to the start doesn't seem to be the best idea here in this routine. I usually have the opposite problem. Once I start playing this, I don't know when to stop :-) For that reason I created a spreadsheet that limits this routine up to 100 rounds. I assume that's as long as five rounds of doubles, which is approximately 5 * 5 minutes, therefore this routine is shorten to cca 25 minutes.

If you're interested, it's included in my 170 in 9 darts... spreadsheet.
https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/thread-2...#pid616490

Nice good looking spreadsheets! 

I know what u mean about the missing 10 times rule,   my goal is always to reach over 120, record is 156.  It dont mather how long i practice this there where times i was in 15 minutes around the 120, that was enough for me,  means  finishing is in a good shape.  When i played this routine a lot i was a finishing machine,   best what i did in a real tournement was in the group stage  out of 12 legs there where 9 finishes between 101 and 158,  because when you have 1 change left to save yourself in this routine,  its replica a match situation that u need that finish otherwise u lose

Its al about what works the best for you!  And what u like the most,    I gonna try your spreadsheet,  looks pretty good
Practicing is the key thing. I feel I practice less since the covid era started. My usuall ending in 60 is around the scores 90 - 110. Anything above 120 is very good.

If you like that spreadsheet, check also the other ones.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advanced Double/Treble Practice Dorian 4 769 07-16-2019, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Fernando de Oliveira
  My New Finishing Game jacquesdebohun 1 451 03-08-2019, 09:14 PM
Last Post: glac.elf
  Finishing on the Bull! Dorian 3 570 08-16-2018, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Mike HermThe
  Finishing practice - video neilbirkin 5 896 10-26-2016, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Lurker1
  My Bulls-Doubles practice routine - This routine will improve your game. *Saber* 36 7,255 08-19-2015, 11:14 PM
Last Post: Machine618
  Finish routine + Doubles routine rvh1991 7 1,585 02-13-2015, 09:43 PM
Last Post: JayPro
  Dart grouping for more advanced players *Saber* 17 6,924 11-10-2014, 01:06 PM
Last Post: 2forty3
  finishing Shane'O' 6 1,714 11-02-2014, 01:35 PM
Last Post: psixr