Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

For Loxley lovers without a repointing tool.
(06-03-2021, 05:56 PM)ZoenHofland Wrote:
(06-03-2021, 05:25 PM)Drum Wrote: Those little bombs look awesome and so well loved!

I used to be that guy who threw the same dart always and without ever wondering what ELSE might be out there.
Then, I encouraged my wife to take up darts during pandemic and, well...  now I am the sort of guy who is happiest when he is waiting for a new set of darts to arrive. 

Sigh.

It's okay. 
He/she who dies with the most darts wins, right?

Lol

I'm not sure about loved... who takes them to a drill and defaces them.

But when I'm out and about in pubs, i never let them out of my sight.. so guess you could call that 'Love'

I don't collect darts as I found my dart style as a nipper, the shorter stuff always felt good...  I can still play with longer darts, I did yesterday and the scoring and aiming was very good still.

I like the challenge of the smaller dart as they show any errors quickly. The throw has to be more precise I think.  I have some Custom Darts being made, I am hoping they will be as good or better.. only time will tell.
By way of further explanation, "well loved" is a bit of salesmanship often applied to beater houses or vehicles that have been very heavily used by owners.  In the dart context, I think the concept includes a certain degree of admirable loyalty and reliance upon a single set of darts whilst we are, daily, inundated by photos and descriptions and even videos of an endless selection of other options, dart wise.  

Deep bows to that.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(06-03-2021, 07:01 PM)Drum Wrote:
(06-03-2021, 05:56 PM)ZoenHofland Wrote:
(06-03-2021, 05:25 PM)Drum Wrote: Those little bombs look awesome and so well loved!

I used to be that guy who threw the same dart always and without ever wondering what ELSE might be out there.
Then, I encouraged my wife to take up darts during pandemic and, well...  now I am the sort of guy who is happiest when he is waiting for a new set of darts to arrive. 

Sigh.

It's okay. 
He/she who dies with the most darts wins, right?

Lol

I'm not sure about loved... who takes them to a drill and defaces them.

But when I'm out and about in pubs, i never let them out of my sight.. so guess you could call that 'Love'

I don't collect darts as I found my dart style as a nipper, the shorter stuff always felt good...  I can still play with longer darts, I did yesterday and the scoring and aiming was very good still.

I like the challenge of the smaller dart as they show any errors quickly. The throw has to be more precise I think.  I have some Custom Darts being made, I am hoping they will be as good or better.. only time will tell.
By way of further explanation, "well loved" is a bit of salesmanship often applied to beater houses or vehicles that have been very heavily used by owners.  In the dart context, I think the concept includes a certain degree of admirable loyalty and reliance upon a single set of darts whilst we are, daily, inundated by photos and descriptions and even videos of an endless selection of other options, dart wise.  

Deep bows to that.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

LOL.    We have love then  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts - Unknown - 31mm barrel  --  Dart Weight - 21.9g throwing
Darts - Unicorn Dum Dum - 24.5mm barrel  --  Dart Weight - 16.9g throwing
Stems - Shanghai Satin Nylon 34mm  --  Flights - Designa Mini
Board - One80 Gladiator II  --  Light - Homemade LED Dimmer Ring
180's - Lost count  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.   --  Highest Shot out - 170
Best sequence thrown - 9 Perfect Darts in practice

Since adding Tridents to my Harrows Durrant S2 darts I find I can have a set of flights on for 3-4 month before needing to change them.  I know flights are cheap but the heavy contact that damages them also creates bigger deflections.

These days I end up changing my flights because I want a new set rather than because they are worn out.

I would say all Harrows flights are great, not just Marathons.  Very durable and well made.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
What I do not like about the Trident nose cones is that it takes what, 4-5mm off the point, and now a standard 26mm protruding point is ~22mm and I find that incredibly off-putting.

B: 12g   S: Medium   F: No. 6   180s: 2/13
(06-04-2021, 11:17 AM)jt4527 Wrote: What I do not like about the Trident nose cones is that it takes what, 4-5mm off the point, and now a standard 26mm protruding point is ~22mm and I find that incredibly off-putting.

Can you imagine me using them... I have like 15mm of the point exposed...   that would take it down to around 10mm...  

Good call tho... we tend to forget that part of the points will be reduced.  +1

Darts - Unknown - 31mm barrel  --  Dart Weight - 21.9g throwing
Darts - Unicorn Dum Dum - 24.5mm barrel  --  Dart Weight - 16.9g throwing
Stems - Shanghai Satin Nylon 34mm  --  Flights - Designa Mini
Board - One80 Gladiator II  --  Light - Homemade LED Dimmer Ring
180's - Lost count  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.   --  Highest Shot out - 170
Best sequence thrown - 9 Perfect Darts in practice

I’ve got nose cones but I also rest my ring finger on the point where it joins the barrel and the nose cone makes this feel odd. I don’t have a repointing tool but will be getting one. I do have the followings 2 sets of darts that have no lip but also feel comfortable for my grip.

A set of soft tips with conversion points with nano grip at the top of the point:

And my Robins that came repointed from darts corner. These have harrows apex ridge points. The ridge part is the bit where my finger rests so it’s a nice reference point:

The nose cones certainly do a good job of saving flights and preventing deflections but once you’ve tried a dart with a proper tapered point you’ll see the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(06-03-2021, 11:29 AM)Drum Wrote: So... nose cones not as popular as I might have guessed.  lol

The way I see it is like one of those age old quandaries...

I don't want any babies (read as "torn flights") so my choice is...  wear condoms or go under the knife.

Call me crazy but with the added expense and "pain" of yanking out my barely used points and replacing them with new "sterile" points, I will stick with the prophylactics for the time being.  :p

That said...  and seriously...  how lovely are those Tucks?!?

I can barely throw them for all the fondling. 

Cheers y'all.

PS:  anyone know any good deals on repointing tools? :p
So Tucks are second on my list (Testaments are first), but keep talking like that and they may move up a slot!
(06-04-2021, 08:08 PM)Westy182 Wrote: I’ve got nose cones but I also rest my ring finger on the point where it joins the barrel and the nose cone makes this feel odd. I don’t have a repointing tool but will be getting one. I do have the followings 2 sets of darts that have no lip but also feel comfortable for my grip.

A set of soft tips with conversion points with nano grip at the top of the point:

[Image: https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2021060...1a0325.jpg]

And my Robins that came repointed from darts corner. These have harrows apex ridge points. The ridge part is the bit where my finger rests so it’s a nice reference point:

[Image: https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2021060...3ded53.jpg]

The nose cones certainly do a good job of saving flights and preventing deflections but once you’ve tried a dart with a proper tapered point you’ll see the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunately they don't make them long enough for me, so I suffer with deflections when I'm having a good day an group my darts.
(06-18-2021, 03:47 PM)Capp Wrote:
(06-03-2021, 11:29 AM)Drum Wrote: So... nose cones not as popular as I might have guessed.  lol

The way I see it is like one of those age old quandaries...

I don't want any babies (read as "torn flights") so my choice is...  wear condoms or go under the knife.

Call me crazy but with the added expense and "pain" of yanking out my barely used points and replacing them with new "sterile" points, I will stick with the prophylactics for the time being.  :p

That said...  and seriously...  how lovely are those Tucks?!?

I can barely throw them for all the fondling. 

Cheers y'all.

PS:  anyone know any good deals on repointing tools? :p
So Tucks are second on my list (Testaments are first), but keep talking like that and they may move up a slot!
The Loxley Tuck darts are my fav 26g dart set up currently.  They just fly so smoothly and the grip design provides with sufficient index that I can find the proper hold in an easily repeatable manner.  This short rig is unlike my other fav sets and I really like their relative quickness and lack of fuss on the way to the target.  Further, the quality of the PVD coating is impressing me with its durability, withstanding hard use with no serious dings as yet.
I can wholeheartedly recommend this set.  

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Keith "138" Deller signs with Loxley Darts Loxley 12 200 4 hours ago
Last Post: Loxley
  Live from Loxley HQ Loxley 0 254 03-01-2021, 11:45 AM
  Loxley AMA (Ask us anything) Loxley 17 793 02-23-2021, 10:55 AM
  The Loxley Academy / HQ in The Hague Loxley 23 880 01-14-2021, 03:54 PM
  Loxley Darts stockists worldwide mc1958 4 322 11-23-2020, 11:04 AM