Double Top Darts.

Winmau "Dartboard of the Champions"
Hello,

I found this in my attic when I moved into my house. I was wondering if anyone had any information about this board. I contacted Winmau and they couldn't date it. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Frank

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
With no lot number on the back, very hard to nail down an exact age I'd say.  See no branding on the front - that might help some of our more expert dart historians.  Or might just be blacked out. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

With the Winmau name coming into existence in the mid-70's - and the deal with Olly Croft and the BDO around that time - could be that old - no expert on this.  Or much newer - up to 2002.  When Nodor acquired Winmau and moved production to Kenya.

Good (and relevant) article by Frank Bilotta with Patrick Chaplin:

https://patrickchaplin.com/2019/05/22/th...mau-story/

Some of our more expert members may have a better idea.  Nice find BTW...
With the "do not soak" part of the stamp on the back I'd guess around the late 70's - elm boards were still used in the 70's and they had to be kept in soak overnight when not in use so that they didn't dry out. Used to love the old elm boards other than dripping water all over the place when getting them out of soak and hanging them - luckily ours at home was kept and used outside in the back garden.
As Mike says I think its a good chance its late 70's to early 80's
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Awesome, thanks for the info guys!
What's the luck moving to a house with a board in the attic! Congratulations on your new place. And, how about those darts? What are they?
Nice find !!!
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me .... I find bliss in my confusion.
(04-25-2021, 12:15 AM)SlingBlade Wrote: What's the luck moving to a house with a board in the attic! Congratulations on your new place. And, how about those darts? What are they?
They are branded Accudart. Pretty damaged flights/feathers.

This board is unused and I'm debating on using it unless it's considered a collectable. I recently started getting back into darts and I have a few boards I'm giving to friends so I can get them into it, but I wasn't sure about this board.
It is a bit like a Ferrari 250 of dartboards you found in your loft except you don't normally find Italian cars in the attic ... sure they got better over time, a few tweaks but this early a board - Those Metal clips that hold the number ring really puts this as an earlier board for me...

Would I throw darts at it? Probably - Who hasn't thrown things at multimillion pound sports car with an infuriatingly dodgy clutch?
Ryk is currently using:-

Arrows - 16g Harrows Girls Lolita (Reflex Conversion C type):: Stems Edgeglow Purple Short :: Flights Rie Hoshino Marathon :: - Winmau Blade 6
::

(04-26-2021, 08:43 AM)Ryk Wrote: It is a bit like a Ferrari 250  of dartboards you found in your loft except you don't normally find Italian cars in the attic ... sure they got better over time, a few tweaks but this early a board  - Those Metal clips that hold the number ring really puts this as an earlier board for me...

Would I throw darts at it? Probably - Who hasn't thrown things at multimillion pound sports car with an infuriatingly dodgy clutch?
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Old Champions Choice Practice Board CTsan 10 3,395 04-23-2021, 02:59 PM
Last Post: ZoenHofland
  RARE WINMAU EQUALIZER DARTBOARD dartbord 8 5,050 08-21-2020, 12:28 PM
Last Post: nixer55
Video 1994-2016 PDC World Champions GreenDart180 1 592 04-28-2017, 04:35 PM
Last Post: The Nomad
  Winmau 1978 dartboard segment sizes Getagrip 16 5,060 01-14-2017, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Little al
  WINMAU MALIAN DARTBOARD dartbord 2 1,818 02-06-2014, 01:46 PM
Last Post: uncle poop