Harrows Darts.

Dodgy des and the rat have organised a 'BDO' northern cyprus darts event
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

How deluded can this pair get? Do your bit for darts and share this far and wide to make sure that there are no participants to this sham of a tournament. If you know anyone professional that is at all convinced to play, make sure they don't. I feel this tournament is illegal given the BDO are in administration, although these jokers probably arnt governed by the wdf anymore
Darts: 28g Red Dragon Blue Fin
Stems: Unicorn gripper long stems
Flights: Anything with a union jack on it
Board: Unicorn Eclipse pro2
Lighting: Target corona vision

180s so far in 2021: 5
I don't know whether to laugh, or to get the popcorn ready.
Current Dart in Use: Quantum Darts Paradox 17.5gm
By the way great name for a band
180-1(33)
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

They've organised it in northern Cyprus for the last couple of years - and before that they ran an event at some hotel in Turkey. The BDO used to run an event in Torremolinos each March - obviously last years event and this years got cancelled due to COVID - and i think Des and Paula have taken over the running of that from next year as well now the BDO are gone.

Never been to one of their events, and also have no desire to go to one either, but from what I can gather they are great holidays for everyone with a few games of darts thrown in for good measure.
(03-12-2021, 05:32 PM)mc1958 Wrote: They've organised it in northern Cyprus for the last couple of years - and before that they ran an event at some hotel in Turkey.  The BDO used to run an event in Torremolinos each March - obviously last years event and this years got cancelled due to COVID - and i think Des and Paula have taken over the running of that from next year as well now the BDO are gone.

Never been to one of their events, and also have no desire to go to one either, but from what I can gather they are great holidays for everyone with a few games of darts thrown in for good measure.

That’s exactly what I was thinking, especially after this year. Gather the darts team and all go. Great!
(03-12-2021, 06:06 PM)Spangle Wrote:
(03-12-2021, 05:32 PM)mc1958 Wrote: They've organised it in northern Cyprus for the last couple of years - and before that they ran an event at some hotel in Turkey.  The BDO used to run an event in Torremolinos each March - obviously last years event and this years got cancelled due to COVID - and i think Des and Paula have taken over the running of that from next year as well now the BDO are gone.

That’s exactly what I was thinking, especially after this year. Gather the darts team and all go. Great!

Do what you like, but you wouldn't get me lining the pockets of those crooks.

(03-12-2021, 04:59 PM)LethalEagle Wrote: I don't know whether to laugh, or to get the popcorn ready.

Do both. 

Laugh at the mugs that are willing to give their money to these bone-heads...

And whilst you're laughing at the mugs, stuff your face with pop-corn...
(03-12-2021, 04:13 PM)tropicalpalmtree Wrote: [Image: https://i.imgur.com/jCJCWAW.jpg]

How deluded can this pair get? Do your bit for darts and share this far and wide to make sure that there are no participants to this sham of a tournament. If you know anyone professional that is at all convinced to play, make sure they don't. I feel this tournament is illegal given the BDO are in administration, although these jokers probably arnt governed by the wdf anymore

TBF, the announcement doesn't refer to the BDO or any other organization. It appears to be an independent tournament.
(03-12-2021, 10:11 PM)bkbum Wrote:
(03-12-2021, 04:13 PM)tropicalpalmtree Wrote: [Image: https://i.imgur.com/jCJCWAW.jpg]

TBF, the announcement doesn't refer to the BDO or any other organization. It appears to be an independent tournament.

It was dartsblog.nl that said it was a BDO tournament, my apologies if it isnt, however it doesnt change how i feel, anyone that takes part in it is a total mug.

To clear things up as far as the BDO are concerned there are two companies - British Darts Organisation Limited and British Darts Organisation Enterprises.

- Limited ran the super league and county systems and these systems have now been taken over by UKDA - BDO Limited though is still an active company, albeit no longer responsible for anything

- Enterprises is a separate company that was set up to run the various BDO events - World Championships, World Masters, World Darts Trophy, British Open, Gold Cups and Torremolinos - this company is now in liquidation

As far as the Cyprus event is concerned this has never been a BDO run event but it did used to get BDO ranking points - same as the Dutch Open always got BDO ranking points but is not a BDO run event. Cyprus has always been run by Des and Paula in conjunction with someone locally - they actually used to run an event in Turkey together before stopping that 3 or 4 years ago and moving the event over to Northern Cyprus.

Torremolinos used to be a BDO run event with BDO ranking points awarded. The running of this event going forward has now been taken over by Des and Paula and is set for mid-March next year.

As per my previous reply both Cyprus and Torremolinos are basically great holidays in the sun for everyone with a few games of darts thrown in for some additional fun. If people want to go then that is up to them - if Des and Paula weren't involved then I would have possibly considered going to one of them myself as well just for the holiday part. I have zero issues with these being advertisied on their own account - and they seem to do a very good job of that on the various facebook groups - but I do think they should stop using the BDO facebook account to advertise the events given they are nothing to do with the BDO now.
Dead Des, Bo and devil spawn Co-Kane are just a family of escaped mental patients.
(03-13-2021, 08:32 AM)mc1958 Wrote: To clear things up as far as the BDO are concerned there are two companies - British Darts Organisation Limited and British Darts Organisation Enterprises.

- Limited ran the super league and county systems and these systems have now been taken over by UKDA - BDO Limited though is still an active company, albeit no longer responsible for anything

- Enterprises is a separate company that was set up to run the various BDO events - World Championships, World Masters, World Darts Trophy, British Open, Gold Cups and Torremolinos - this company is now in liquidation

As far as the Cyprus event is concerned this has never been a BDO run event but it did used to get BDO ranking points - same as the Dutch Open always got BDO ranking points but is not a BDO run event.  Cyprus has always been run by Des and Paula in conjunction with someone locally - they actually used to run an event in Turkey together before stopping that 3 or 4 years ago and moving the event over to Northern Cyprus.

Torremolinos used to be a BDO run event with BDO ranking points awarded.  The running of this event going forward has now been taken over by Des and Paula and is set for mid-March next year.

As per my previous reply both Cyprus and Torremolinos are basically great holidays in the sun for everyone with a few games of darts thrown in for some additional fun.  If people want to go then that is up to them - if Des and Paula weren't involved then I would have possibly considered going to one of them myself as well just for the holiday part.  I have zero issues with these being advertisied on their own account - and they seem to do a very good job of that on the various facebook groups - but I do think they should stop using the BDO facebook account to advertise the events given they are nothing to do with the BDO now.

I would go aswell if it were not organised by a pair of crooks. Insightful read though you know more on the matter than i do. I'm amazed they even have a social media presence anymore given some of the rude replies they posted on FB and twitter. Horrible people.