Harrows Darts.

Eric Bristow's 115.59 average.
He'd have dropped maybe a couple (maybe) but I don't really see anyone in the 90s (if we remove Taylor from the equation) who'd have rattled him except. Priestley as I think Priestley style and speed would have done his head in but he'd have made up for it in another final.

If you exclude dartitis you could argue lowe, and jocky don't get any more. Cowboy Bob may have got one but that 90s back issue took alot of his momentum away.

Who else, outside of Lowe, Priestley and Bob? he'd have mind gamed the others to death.
Darts: 25g phase 1 Barney copy (Darts Clearance) 
Stems: DC short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: https://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

Twitter: lukestacey@mydartinglife

(07-20-2021, 04:25 PM)NiteEyez Wrote: He'd have dropped maybe a couple (maybe) but I don't really see anyone in the 90s (if we remove Taylor from the equation) who'd have rattled him except. Priestley as I think Priestley style and speed would have done his head in but he'd have made up for it in another final.

If you exclude dartitis you could argue lowe, and jocky don't get any more. Cowboy Bob may have got one but that 90s back issue took alot of his momentum away.

Who else, outside of Lowe, Priestley and Bob? he'd have mind gamed the others to death.

I agree that Priestly's slow pace might have bothered Bristow as he always seemed to struggle against slow players, Jocky on his day would beat anyone and possibly Lowe could have nicked one.

I'm not so sure that the Phil Taylor of the early 90's could have rattled a fully confident Bristow or would have had the number of titles he did if Bristow hadn't got dartitis, although there wouldn't have been a Phil Taylor in darts if Bristows game hadn't gone.

Bristow was still in his 20's when he got dartitis, who knows how many more world championships he could have won.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
It's an amazing 'what if' really.

Personally I look at 3 key things that make him the greatest:

1. created the first 'mega match' versus George in 80 which springboarded it as a megasport in the UK.

2. was the dominant force in the 'golden era' of darts in the 80s

3. when his game was 'gone' he unleashed his 'project' whom then dominated the next 25!

Guys impact on the sport is unparalled.
Darts: 25g phase 1 Barney copy (Darts Clearance) 
Stems: DC short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: https://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

Twitter: lukestacey@mydartinglife

(07-21-2021, 08:33 AM)NiteEyez Wrote: It's an amazing 'what if' really.

Personally I look at 3 key things that make him the greatest:

1. created the first 'mega match' versus George in 80 which springboarded it as a megasport in the UK.

2. was the dominant force in the 'golden era' of darts in the 80s

3. when his game was 'gone' he unleashed his 'project' whom then dominated the next 25!

Guys impact on the sport is unparalled.

Completely agree, he was also at the forefront of the creation of the WDC/PDC.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.