Darts Buddy

Do You Enjoy Football / Soccer ??
I couldn't care less about footbal. I've never seen a single match from the beginning to the end. I'm not interested even when it's our country against the other, not talking about supporting a particular teams.

I must admit I sometimes watched rugby. Well, not the whole matches, but still. Funny thing is, I've no idea what the rules are. I only know you can't throw the ball backwards...I think. Definitely more interesting than football.
(02-04-2021, 06:18 PM)Ryk Wrote: Every kick of it massively mattering to someone, presumably!

Love that sketch and it's so true!Starting to fall abit out of love with the game.I used to watch loads of football,but now only really watch my team(Leicester).https://youtu.be/VF_uOgyBK1c
I believe Maurice Moss's summation here is spot on, and which is quite likely to be the most in-depth and accurate commentary of every football match ever, condensed into 20 seconds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESVjzf4FzyU

American football, in contrast, can be condensed into 5 seconds of adverts.
(02-03-2021, 09:11 PM)imposs1916 Wrote: This year's it has been miserable but that's because I support Glasgow Celtic. 

Some people might get the joke below.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

[Image: https://i.imgur.com/1js1l8k.jpg]
as a gers fan im loving see a celt have a sense of humour over the whole lot...after 6 or 7 years of similar its good to see it on the other foot  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. closed the gap last year and seems to be issues with the celtic board???im from lennons home town but surely he should have been away months ago...

United are my other team and again all down to parents / grandparents....hell of a rebuild going on at the minute but still miles away from winning the premiership...more balance needed...

Home club is Glenavon (live a few mins from the ground) but covids run its course and put a hold on things again
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Been a Cobblers fan from the 50s, Im now almost 73yo. In 1965 they achieved the impossible, promotion from Div. 4 to Div. 1. over the course of about five seasons. Theres is still the only result I am interested in come Saturday tea time. What pisses me off about the game today are all kids and yobs strutting about in the colours of "their" team, usually United or Liverpool when they have never even seen them play live. Dont get me started on new season, new strip, which the idiots shell out for year in year out. You dont have to go too far back to remember great football though. Im talking Pep and Barcelona. Magical, mesmerising football, not to be missed. A bit like watching Eric in his pomp sweep aside every one else. Regards, Ian W.
When i was younger, i used to prefer playing to watching, as i have got older I barely follow my team any more (Liverpool f c) although I am still happy when they have a good season (its hard not to notice, given the interest in general, football generates).

I think i am what used to be called an armchair supporter, these days (a casual supporter, basically).
Usual set up :- 23 gram, darts clearance (no name scalloped darts) with a 50 mm barrel, 41 mm nylon shafts + standard flights.

Trying out, red dragon 24g hell fire b with kite flights + 41 mm nylon stems (flying well, debating on sticking with these).

Various random, other darts, on my rotation, from 18 to 26 grams.
I watch a game with the wife every now and again. To tell the truth, when Germany is playing, it is more fun to watch her.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me .... I find bliss in my confusion.
Just spotted this on a football forum that I post on. Darts related

You've got to laugh.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What football clubs do the pro darters and Nutz root for? Berlin180 87 7,249 02-03-2021, 09:24 PM
Last Post: imposs1916
  Premier League (Football) mano-obe 13 523 01-24-2020, 11:56 AM
Last Post: 055
  U.S.A. Women's Soccer .... Borisbbadd 13 1,096 07-10-2019, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Borisbbadd
  European Football Humor ChrisTheFish 3 242 05-11-2019, 11:30 PM
Last Post: ChrisTheFish
Thumbs Up The new football season Flying Orange 21 1,245 08-22-2018, 04:21 PM
Last Post: justin-tutboard