Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Winmau Willie O'Connor Darts Review

I bought these from Bully Darts run by Dan Wheatley, you can check out his shop here: https://www.bullydarts.co.uk/ Contact him if you need something he has not got in stock too, a nice guy.

More info on Winmau site here: https://winmau.com/

For full written review with all pics and video check my Darts Review Channel site here: https://bit.ly/39BbLqF
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thanks for the review Darren and well said about the Winmau launch, its been a complete shambles.

As for these, look a nice dart but for fans of Willie not sure why you'd bother when the packaging is poor. Makes it look like a generic set rather than a players set. Lots of Irish fans were looking for these darts to come out but I'd imagine many will be disappointed when they arrive like that. Price is good though I suppose.
Been looking for these everywhere,but look's really rushed for a pro players dart.
Well done on the review as always Darren, cheers. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Throwing long/narrow barrels at the moment, but these will be part of my collection soon enough. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I bought them, much like the comments above it's a little disappointing to see that they aren't contained within his own packaging. A nice dart (balance is ok) and the grip is decent enough a nice solid deep groove pattern, but i found them a little chunky (with the tungsten 85%)
Will watch a bit later, but already added to the reviewed dart index.

Edit:  Watched - and a nice touch to include the inset of how Willie grips the dart.  Very useful I found.  Not sure if Winmau is having supply chain issues, which might explain the generic packaging.  And price point to a certain extent Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Not watched the review yet but have been waiting for these to come out for a while now - got to say if they don't come in proper player packaging I think I'll hold off getting a set until such time as Winmau sort that out.
Nice review Darren.

Good looking dart.

Strange for Winmau not to have dedicated player packaging though.
(01-13-2021, 10:12 PM)Ivefoundgod Wrote: Thanks for the review Darren and well said about the Winmau launch, its been a complete shambles.

As for these, look a nice dart but for fans of Willie not sure why you'd bother when the packaging is poor. Makes it look like a generic set rather than a players set. Lots of Irish fans were looking for these darts to come out but I'd imagine many will be disappointed when they arrive like that. Price is good though I suppose.

Thanks mate! Yeah was a bad situation all round regarding stock levels, frustrating for retailers too no doubt.

(01-13-2021, 10:39 PM)PAULCFC Wrote: Been looking for these everywhere,but look's really rushed for a pro players dart.

Packaging is for sure Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(01-13-2021, 10:43 PM)Great White North Wrote: Well done on the review as always Darren, cheers. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Throwing long/narrow barrels at the moment, but these will be part of my collection soon enough. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks Brad! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(01-13-2021, 10:45 PM)kamikersie Wrote: I bought them, much like the comments above it's a little disappointing to see that they aren't contained within his own packaging. A nice dart (balance is ok) and the grip is decent enough a nice solid deep groove pattern, but i found them a little chunky (with the tungsten 85%)

You could have made your own Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(01-14-2021, 12:09 AM)nixer55 Wrote: Will watch a bit later, but already added to the reviewed dart index.

Edit:  Watched - and a nice touch to include the inset of how Willie grips the dart.  Very useful I found.  Not sure if Winmau is having supply chain issues, which might explain the generic packaging.  And price point to a certain extent Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks Glen, there is obviously something holding it up, Covid cant be blamed for everything surely?

(01-14-2021, 02:34 PM)mc1958 Wrote: Not watched the review yet but have been waiting for these to come out for a while now - got to say if they don't come in proper player packaging I think I'll hold off getting a set until such time as Winmau sort that out.

Its going to be more disappointing for the fans I know that much Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(01-14-2021, 03:12 PM)BritpopCam Wrote: Nice review Darren.

Good looking dart.

Strange for Winmau not to have dedicated player packaging though.

Thanks mate! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thanks for showing the thumb of O'Conner gripping the dart. I think this would be great in other reviews as well, if possible. Often wonder how the pro's grip certain barrels. Choice of gallery music is perfect.
(01-14-2021, 08:46 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: Thanks for showing the thumb of O'Conner gripping the dart. I think this would be great in other reviews as well, if possible.  Often wonder how the pro's grip certain barrels.  Choice of gallery music is perfect.

I have had players grips in lots of past reviews, not always easy to find a good image though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Another good review Darren, another one i'd like to try but no stock or shipping lol
(Yesterday, 04:54 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Another good review Darren, another one i'd like to try but no stock or shipping lol

Thanks Chris, seems its the same everywhere lol

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winmau Michael van Gerwen Authentic 23g Darts Review Getagrip 41 3,687 10-31-2020, 11:15 AM
Last Post: Richa
  Winmau Navigator 23g darts review best darts bargain ever? Getagrip 99 35,865 07-23-2020, 11:12 AM
Last Post: GONKO
  Winmau Overdrive 24g Darts Review Getagrip 6 937 06-12-2020, 02:51 AM
Last Post: Gooddark
  Winmau Mervyn King Gold 22g darts review Getagrip 21 22,806 06-07-2020, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Mailman Barry
  Winmau Vincent van der Voort Darts 23g review Cateye 34 3,106 06-04-2020, 01:03 AM
Last Post: YoungStarDC
  Winmau Sicario 23g Darts Review Getagrip 7 975 02-16-2020, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Winmau Sniper 23g darts review Getagrip 13 19,870 01-16-2020, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Jfxxvii
  Winmau Simon Whitlock 22g darts review Getagrip 52 20,313 01-06-2020, 06:01 AM
Last Post: Clash
  Winmau Paul Nicholson 24g darts review Getagrip 31 45,471 01-04-2020, 09:49 PM
Last Post: Ivefoundgod
  Winmau Vengeance 24 gr. review - sort of Angel of darts 18 3,147 11-20-2019, 11:49 AM
Last Post: Angel of darts