Harrows Darts.

Taylor's Target Contract
Phil Taylor's Target contract is due to finish this year, will he be re-signing with them with a view to continuing their Generation series, or can you see him switching? 
How long do you think he will continue releasing new darts? 
There's always going to be an interest in darts associated with him, so there will be manufacturers keen to release something for him, even if we're at Phase/Generation 13.
It's his main source of income for his retirement, and they continue to sell well. His name still retains value. I give it an 80% chance Taylor resigns. Retaining the biggest retired name in darts is probably best for Target.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Current Dart in Use: Quantum Darts Paradox 17.5gm
There is little reason for him to switch and for Target to let him go, if the financial deal is fair.

If he moves anywhere, his new darts would be ones he never used in PDC competition, they have less value therefore for collectors and fans. They are basically just a random dart with Taylors name.

His name only has real value for Target and Unicorn due to their history together and I doubt Taylor is interested in returning to Unicorn.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
I think he will stay with them for a while longer yet.

Target had some changes recently Gary Plummer became Chairman and James Tattersall has took over as MD I believe, cant see that affecting Taylors position though.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-12-2021, 06:07 PM)Getagrip Wrote: I think he will stay with them for a while longer yet.

Target had some changes recently Gary Plummer became Chairman and James Tattersall has took over as MD I believe, cant see that affecting Taylors position though.

I wonder if any of the other suppliers would be tempted to make an offer though.  I imagine Taylor is close with Target management and the relationship is good, so yeah he'll probably be inclined to stay as you say.  Would be interesting to see what another supplier could come up with as I think any supplier can only take things so far. Target have released a lot of equipment and although it hasn't become stale yet, I wonder how many more generations they can release? 
It would be interesting to see what Red Dragon, Winmau, Harrows or even Mission could produce with him for a few years.
Although retired for some little time now Phil is still the bigest name/brand that darts has ever known. Just his name and face on the pack guarantees sales. He can still name his own price and I am sure Target will do everything they can to hang on to him. Hope he stays. Ian W.
(01-12-2021, 07:14 PM)Moosie Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 06:07 PM)Getagrip Wrote: I think he will stay with them for a while longer yet.

I wonder if any of the other suppliers would be tempted to make an offer though.  I imagine Taylor is close with Target management and the relationship is good, so yeah he'll probably be inclined to stay as you say.  Would be interesting to see what another supplier could come up with as I think any supplier can only take things so far. Target have released a lot of equipment and although it hasn't become stale yet, I wonder how many more generations they can release? 
It would be interesting to see what Red Dragon, Winmau, Harrows or even Mission could produce with him for a few years.

To be honest I dont think they will, Harrows I dont see them having any interest as Phil is no longer playing, Red Dragon have already got some good pros which are probably serving them very well right now and Winmau have MVG. Mission could possibly want a name like Taylor to boost their brand but not sure they will be able to afford or want to put so much money into Taylor right now.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I would assume Mission is paying quite a bit for their current deal with Wayne Mardle and the others they signed who's names I can't recall. It would make little sense for Mission to pursue Taylor or vice versa. It's a loss for both parties I feel.

Current Dart in Use: Quantum Darts Paradox 17.5gm
(01-13-2021, 10:48 AM)LethalEagle Wrote: I would assume Mission is paying quite a bit for their current deal with Wayne Mardle and the others they signed who's names I can't recall. It would make little sense for Mission to pursue Taylor or vice versa. It's a loss for both parties I feel.

Yeah they will be and also they have to think about what it would do for them in the long term, although Taylor is always popular he is not in the limelight as much as he once was so that would be a factor and with Covid still been a problem they wont know what he can do for them promotion wise with all these lockdowns, so not worth it to me but I could be wrong Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

From my perspective as an American who tries to follow the darts as much as humanly possible given our limited access to news and streams of matches, I can honestly say I've not seen or heard much at all about Taylor since his retirement. It is almost like he has dropped off the face of the Earth.

He is still thought of as the GOAT dart player by those who've followed the game for a long time, but newer players who've just gotten into darts pretty much have little to no clue who he is or what he has accomplished and that limits potential marketing of his named products in that sector.
gumbo2176
I can't see Taylor leaving Target, as many have mentioned his darts sell alot, he also does alot of promotion for Targets asian division, he does soft tip tours
Think he stays with target the two seem happy together
He could work as a ambassador for Target if he isn't already.
i think he will go back to unicorn, he will start using rossos again he will smash everybody, make a return win another world title and be back home in time for a nice cup of tea
Darts used-25g Bristow red ring argos specials
Shafts used- Unicorn maestro medium 
Flights used- slim flights
Unless Taylor and Target have completely different figures as to what they think the next Target contract should be worth I'd be surprised to see Taylor moving on.

It probably costs a fair few ££ to get the likes of Taylor or MvG onto your books but I'm sure they more than make up for it in their returns of being able to stick there name/image to anything that sells from his own signature darts to a set of £4.99 brass darts or his face on the box of a dartboard etc.

Players - even major winners will come and go, but it's rare that someone so legendary in your sport becomes available and unless your losing huge sums to keep someone with very little in return then I can't see why you couldn't come to an agreement. 

When your someone like Taylor you'll never be short of offers - especially once we can get back to normal with exhibitions and with the way modern day exhibitions are often played out you don't even have to play 10-20 locals every night

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gurney extends contract with Winmau mc1958 7 438 05-01-2019, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Phenohyte
  Target Phil Taylor Gen 3 20g Soft-tip Question bkbum 0 250 03-19-2019, 09:05 AM
Last Post: bkbum
  Target Phil Taylor Argos 23g 90% Des99 9 1,437 11-17-2018, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Mervyn King extends contract with Winmau. Great White North 3 558 06-13-2018, 12:33 AM
Last Post: Banz
  Phil Taylor extension with Target mc1958 12 1,508 04-02-2018, 02:52 PM
Last Post: justin-tutboard
  Red Dragon Delta or Target Phil Taylor Power 8Zero Black The Nomad 13 3,629 02-16-2017, 05:31 PM
Last Post: The Nomad
  Will Phil Taylor ever win a World Title with target darts? Th3BigFish 35 6,252 01-08-2017, 11:03 AM
Last Post: rich345