Harrows Darts.

The Loxley Academy / HQ in The Hague
(12-30-2020, 11:55 PM)Loxley Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 05:04 PM)justin-tutboard Wrote: Excellent  especially when the bar is completed,but what's the thinking  about basing the academy in Holland (of course there's no reason why you shouldn't)

Me and my brother are ex pats. We have production and shipping in the UK and Zac who helps our designer and the players. 

There's also a hotbed of talent here, my local pub boasts some challenge and dev tour players. 5 former tour card holders, including 2 who lost card this year, Vinny vd Meer and Maik Kuivenhoven. As well as Jeff de Zwaan and Dirk van Duivenbode.

The academy will give these lads a proper training space and help develop other local talent. Of which we will already be signing 2 fresh faces soon.

many thanks for the reply,and i look forward to seeing you grow more and help the future talent along
DARTS-Unicorn Taylor Phase 5 / Target Gen1 26g
SHAFTS-Target power gen 1 intermediate
FLIGHTS-Crafty Cockney
BOARD-Winmau blade 5 dual core
BOARD-Winmau Diamond (for practice)
BOARD-unicorn eclipse HD trainer board (for a laugh)
SET UP-Wall mounted cabinet,"Ockeys" Oche,Target Corona surround light
HA'WAY THE TOON  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(12-30-2020, 11:47 PM)Loxley Wrote: The middle for tv tournament practice. The outer 2 can be setup to replicate floor tournaments, q school etc

Thanks for the explanation. Again, your setup is incredible. Also, thanks for your presence here on this forum and for all you're doing for the sport.
That's a really amazing set-up. Great job!
Wow great stuff

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
(12-31-2020, 12:14 AM)LegoArmo Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 11:55 PM)Loxley Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 05:04 PM)justin-tutboard Wrote: Excellent  especially when the bar is completed,but what's the thinking  about basing the academy in Holland (of course there's no reason why you shouldn't)

Me and my brother are ex pats. We have production and shipping in the UK and Zac who helps our designer and the players. 

There's also a hotbed of talent here, my local pub boasts some challenge and dev tour players. 5 former tour card holders, including 2 who lost card this year, Vinny vd Meer and Maik Kuivenhoven. As well as Jeff de Zwaan and Dirk van Duivenbode.

The academy will give these lads a proper training space and help develop other local talent. Of which we will already be signing 2 fresh faces soon.

What are the advantages of making darts in the UK instead of China from your point of view?

By the way, the set up looks incredible! I just got my Robins in the other day and I’m loving them so much, I went and placed an order for Ryan Searle’s darts too.

Some advantages of the UK:

1) Communication is far easier
2) Quality is consistent and guaranteed as we can work closely with them
3) Tungsten billets are consistent and true (we have had them independently tested in Germany to make sure we are being given what we are promised)
4) Not necessary to have the completed sets flown over from China

Philosophical advantages:

1) The owners of Loxley are Yorkshire brothers living in Holland. We want to support our country of birth. The UK has enough problems with manufacturing being done in Taiwan and China. We ideally wish to use UK companies.
2) Darts as a sport is British. Ergo darts should be made true to their origins where possible.
3) The legend of Robin Hood is English.

Some myths:

1) The quality of tungsten in general is the same everywhere. In fact I suspect that most billets are all made in the same place, there won't be more than a couple of factories making these billets and these are actually in China. 
2) The quality of machining is very similar all over the world. Loxley wants to make darts that people will throw, as such the cuts required for this can be done everywhere. You will see during phase 2 of Loxley this year with the Maid Marian darts that style, uniqueness and quality doesn't need to be complicated or expensive if you design them well. Look at Harrows as well, they make some greatdarts that look amazing but they are not overly complex, just very well designed and made.
We cannot get an Elysium made in the UK at the moment but we don't need to and don't want to. Target have that corner of the market sown up.
3) Things like flights, apart from the really cheap ones, generally they are all actually made in the UK by one of 2 factories. The brands made in China or Kenya or Taiwan or NZ will import flights from the UK, package the darts up and then send the assembled packages back to the UK again or wherever in the world then need to be.

Summary:

Loxley is Made in England. We will never say never but as long as we can, we will remain (Brexit pun intended as we still need to feel the real impact I think).
Loxley Darts is manufacturer and sponsor of professional darts players Ryan Searle, Matthew Edgar, Aaron Beeney, Steve Hine.

Visit our Loxley Darts shop or follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or YouTube.
Thank you very much for the rich and detailed reply! It’s great to know that kind of stuff, and nice to support a business trying to do things they believe in. Cheers.
Currently throwing 22g Michael Smith darts at a One80 Gladiator III board
Any idea when the next run of Robin's in 21g will be available to order?
(12-31-2020, 12:14 AM)LegoArmo Wrote: What are the advantages of making darts in the UK instead of China from your point of view?

British Tungsten (hand with a Loxley Dart in it) on the cover of a Judas Priest Album? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Harrows Saru King @ 18g

McCoy Sabers @ 20g

Loxley's Robins @ 21g - 23g (With Unicorn Ultracore inserts)

Target Board
- Any idea when the next run of Robin's in 21g will be available to order?

They are being produced as we speak. We have had some hold ups as the Robins require a very large tungsten billet (a lot is taken off the top, back and sides) and the billets in general have been stuck in shipping ports or stuck on the water. The whole supply chain is falling apart and it's affecting the tiny companies like Loxley all the way up to the big boys.
Loxley Darts is manufacturer and sponsor of professional darts players Ryan Searle, Matthew Edgar, Aaron Beeney, Steve Hine.

Visit our Loxley Darts shop or follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or YouTube.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Loxley AMA (Ask us anything) Loxley 4 157 Yesterday, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Loxley Darts stockists worldwide mc1958 4 192 11-23-2020, 11:04 AM
Last Post: Loxley
  New from Loxley mc1958 5 299 10-07-2020, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Spangle
  Introduction to Loxley Darts Loxley 14 509 09-17-2020, 05:20 PM
Last Post: Loxley