Double Top Darts.

The 'elusive' unreleased Jocky dart
Hi guys

I recall watching tribute footage of Jocky and saw a finish that featured him using Alu stems. I actually thought it was footage from another player but after watching and posting the vid I did of him vs Lowe in 95 (one of his last TV appearances) I actually clocked on raht he's using a dart id never clocked before. 

The footage is awful:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
However these darts seem to have  a knurled section at the top and bottom of the dart (totally off for a Jocky dart) 

Anyone know what these were, when they were used or the story behind them?, 7
Darts: 25g phase 1 Barney copy (Darts Clearance) 
Stems: DC short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: https://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

Twitter: lukestacey@mydartinglife

Hi guys,

Anyone know anything about them?

Luke

Please follow my blog:

Interesting. I personally don't now anything about them, but you could try to get in touch with DataDart international? I don't know if they sponsored Jocky already back then, it could have been B&W as well.
Interesting read this, know nothing about them, but, linking this thread (just out of general interest).

I watched a clip from a Dennis priestly vs Jocky game dated 1995 it was better (clearer) footage and Jocky`s darts looked knurled on that clip as well, which, then led to me making this thread, below.

Think mine might be nodors, or, nodor linked, but, Jocky seems to have used those darts more than once, then, because, he seemed to be using them against Dennis Priestly in the game I watched (which i cant now locate on you tube, it was on the pdc stream and was clearer footage than on your screen shot) they definately looked knurled on that footage, that I watched.

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/thread-4...#pid660102

These are the darts that triggered my own post, above, which as near as I can tell, might be nodor linked darts (from the ufo post) but, have a similar look to them, mine where bought as ebay ufo`s, so, dont have any more info, someone one time mentioned red dragon dragon flies, but, that might be wrong info.

It was watching the Jocky vs Priestly footage that got me curious and aroused my interest, as well as owning these, purely by coincidence.

At the begining of the clip it says he is throwing 24 gram darts, but, am fairly sure he is using 2 different sets, one being the standard 24 gram x 50 mm set (similar to mine) the other, seems to have been modified and shortened a bit at the rear end (where the shaft goes in, its not easy to tell from that video though).

The bit at the back seems shorter / longer depending on the shot / camera angle, but, the footage is pretty awefull.

I had a quick looksy and the drilling is around 15 mm deep, so, think thats possible to do, as well and think Jocky might have thrown a lighter dart than 24 grams at times, found a mention of 21 grams using a google search, else where (his wiki page) so, it wasnt just the knurling that`s odd about those darts, he was throwing.

As near as I can tell, it was near the end of his televised career, as mentioned in the original post (by NiteEyes).

Thanks  to JerseyJon for giving me a video link and identifying them, as possibly, nodor linked and AndrewK for linking this thread, on my ufo post.

The footage is pretty aweful, but, this is the game Jocky vs John Lowe (Thanks to JerseyJon, for the link).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=XPBeWmZb6VA

And these are my own similar darts, in 24 grams x 50 mm.

This is the best shot i could snag with a rear like the 24 gram set I have (above, even this looks like it could be a tiny bit shorter, on Jocky`s set, its hard to tell) but, think these are unmodified by Jocky and look quite close to my own set, at the back.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

And cofirmation of the listed weight, as 24 grams.

Usual set up :- 23 gram, darts clearance (no name scalloped darts) with a 50 mm barrel, 41 mm nylon shafts + standard flights.

Trying out, red dragon 24g hell fire b, with 41 mm nylon shafts + kite flights (fly well, these).

Other barrels I quite like, are, 24 gram knurled assassins (by harrows).

Various random, other darts, on my rotation, from 20 to 24 grams.
(12-28-2021, 05:45 PM)Phil D Wrote: Interesting read this, know nothing about them, but, linking this thread (just out of general interest).

I watched a clip from a Dennis priestly vs Jocky game dated 1995 it was better (clearer) footage and Jocky`s darts looked knurled on that clip as well, which, then led to me making this thread, below.

Think mine might be nodors, or, nodor linked, but, Jocky seems to have used those darts more than once, then, because, he seemed to be using them against Dennis Priestly in the game I watched (which i cant now locate on you tube, it was on the pdc stream and was clearer footage than on your screen shot) they definately looked knurled on that footage, that I watched.

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/thread-4...#pid660102

These are the darts that triggered my own post, above, which as near as I can tell, might be nodor linked darts, but, have a similar look to them, mine where bought as ebay ufo`s, so, dont have any more info, someone one time mentioned red dragon dragon flies, but, that might be wrong info.

It was watching the Jocky vs Priestly footage that got me curious and aroused my interest, as well as owning these, purely by coincidence.

At the begining of the clip it says he is throwing 24 gram darts, but, am fairly sure he is using 2 different sets, one being the standard 24 gram x 50 mm set (similar to mine) the other, seems to have been modified and shortened a bit at the rear end (where the shaft goes in, its not easy to tell from that video though).

The bit at the back seems shorter / longer depending on the shot / camera angle, but, the footage is pretty awefull.

I had a quick looksy and the drilling is around 15 mm deep, so, think thats possible to do, as well and think Jocky might have thrown a lighter dart than 24 grams at times, found a mention of 21 grams using a google search, else where.

Thanks  to JerseyJon for giving me a video link and identifying them as nodor linked and AndrewK for linking this thread.

The footage is pretty awefull but this is the game Jocky vs John Lowe (Thanks to JerseyJon).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=XPBeWmZb6VA

And these are my own similar darts, in 24 grams x 50 mm.

This is the best shot i could snag with a rear like the 24 gram set I have (above, even this looks like it could be a tiny bit shorter, on Jocky`s set, its hard to tell).

And cofirmation of listed weight.

This is the best i could snag of his darts.

But, its a fairly  good shot of his dart and shows the knurling etc.

The rear looks shortened on the original snaphot, which is why i think he might have been using more than one set, in the match.

I had a look at Jocky`s wiki page, to see what i could find out, about these x2 games 

Jocky vs John Lowe  

Jocky vs Dennis Piestly 

Because, he seems to have used a similar, or, the same darts, in both those games in 1995.

From his wiki page, probably, during the 1995 pdc world championships.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jocky_Wilson#PDC

Dont know about any other matches he might have used them in though and not totally sure of the maker / sponsor either.

The bit of info I did find, was a joint effort really, as well and some of it, was, just, purely by chance.

That`s about all I can find out, about, those darts of Jocky`s.

Those darts of mine are close enough, that I am made up now.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Dressed up similarly.

So, yer, its good to remember, some of the old legends of the game, think Jocky was certainly one of those, alright.
Usual set up :- 23 gram, darts clearance (no name scalloped darts) with a 50 mm barrel, 41 mm nylon shafts + standard flights.

Trying out, red dragon 24g hell fire b, with 41 mm nylon shafts + kite flights (fly well, these).

Hi guys

I love when invetigation yields more info even years later ?

Please follow my blog:

(12-31-2021, 08:08 PM)NiteEyez Wrote: Hi guys

I love when invetigation yields more info even years later ?

Dont know the maker or owt emailed datadart with a picture, dont know any more, sorry.

Am just going off what i see, could be wrong ofc but kinda like Jocky any how.

Ill dress these up like Jockys and see how they look  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  will tag it on the second post, to see if they look the part.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jocky Wilson Said (Documentary): BBC i player Jockyoche78 15 401 10-03-2021, 07:41 PM
Last Post: grey goat
  Jocky Wilson Getagrip 17 9,776 11-14-2020, 06:57 AM
Last Post: Sowatt
  Jocky wilson last year's query NiteEyez 14 2,503 09-13-2018, 09:38 AM
Last Post: JamieJ
  Scotlands Best Ever Champion " Jocky Wilson " Getagrip 7 9,142 01-16-2014, 06:37 AM
Last Post: DIRTY G