Cuesoul

8mm barrels
I throw the Harrows Black ICE 24 gram with the Shark grip. Best dart I've thrown. The barrel is 7.1x43mm. I strongly feel that an 8mm barrel would release better out of my clunky fingers. Can this barrel be replicated length wise, but enlarging the barrel to 8mm? I have thought of adding another shark bite to the back and the front, which would cut down on weight a little but can you vary the metals used to get at my desired final weight and length? I'd also like to make all the bites the same size. I like the coating too, but I don't have to have it.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Harrows Black ICE 24gr
Harrows Dimplex 26gr
Harrows 23gr Powerpoints
Magic Darts 25gr w/Powerpoints"
Custommadedarts.com

They should be able to do this.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Hi Breadfan,

Yes we'd able to make those darts at an increased diameter of 8.00mm.

If you could e-mail us at info@custommadedarts.com we can discuss the design further as we'd need a bit more detail from the barrels you have.

Many Thanks

Tony
Custom Made Darts
E-Mail: info@custommadedarts.com

Facebook - Custom Made Darts
Twitter - Custom Made Darts
Instagram - custommadedarts

Thank you, I will be in touch soon.
Harrows Black ICE 24gr
Harrows Dimplex 26gr
Harrows 23gr Powerpoints
I've ordered a set of cheap brass darts to make sure I like the size, then I will start the process. I really think the smaller 7mm barrels is one part of the throw that is keeping me from being more consistent.
Harrows Black ICE 24gr
Harrows Dimplex 26gr
Harrows 23gr Powerpoints
Good way to try them on for size first with the brass barrels
(12-03-2020, 01:33 PM)Hazza Wrote: Good way to try them on for size first with the brass barrels

Yes, Harrows makes incredibly inexpensive nice brass barrels that are perfect for trying out and then just keeping them around for anyone to use. A great beginners dart. I bought my daughter who goes to Univ. of Florida, two sets for her apartment. With all the parties they have, no big loss if they get lost or grow legs and walk off.
Harrows Black ICE 24gr
Harrows Dimplex 26gr
Harrows 23gr Powerpoints
My order is in, finally. I did a very simple design of a 1.5 shark bite going all the way across an 8mm barrel with the bronze coating, much like the Harrows Black Ice I have pictured at the begining of this thread. It's completely utilitarian but it's what what fingers want that dictated the design. If I hit with it, it doesn't have to look all snappy does it?
Harrows Black ICE 24gr
Harrows Dimplex 26gr
Harrows 23gr Powerpoints
Breadfan, I think you'll like what you get. Especially if you've been throwing some less expensive 8mm diameter brass darts.

I've been throwing a couple sets of darts that are roughly 8mm, an old set of Bottelsens and a newer set of One80 Night Hunter Stings. They're both bomber style darts, 23.5g and 24g, respectively. Very different shape than yours, but they seemed a bit thin to me. So I ordered a set of Shot Zen Budo 26g, which are a tad over 9mm, something I didn't think I'd ever throw with, and roughly 38mm in length (a couple mm or so shorter than my other two sets). As soon as I put my favorite stems and flights on them, they felt good. Really good. First dart I threw was a T20.

I haven't been hitting everything I aim at, but that extra one mm of girth really does seem to make the dart feel better in my grip.

I'm looking forward to your post about your new Custommade darts once they've been made and shipped!
Actually, I almost found the dart I wanted at Dart Clearance. It was a 8mmx43mm barrel with shark bites in the middle and ridges on either side of that. I hit with them better than any other dart, but it's was just a tad too short. so in my design, I made them the same length as the Black ICE at 48mm. I hope the combo of the two designs pay off. I'm with you on the larger barrel, my fingers just need that extra 1mm to aid my release. Really, it's a night and day difference.
Harrows Black ICE 24gr
Harrows Dimplex 26gr
Harrows 23gr Powerpoints