Target Darts.

First dart double or outside marker than double
So why do I see a pros players throw high on double tops ?
I doubt the pros miss double tops by a inch on purpose if they can hit it first go
Missing outside for sure . It’s called being cautious, it’s a lot easier to miss outside the double than go straight for the double. For me atleast.

But with 3 darts in hand I would just aim for outside the double / the double
Because there Pro's and were not
I get it though. I would rather throw my first dart at the double and miss inside, and have two darts left, rather than throw outside a marker than throw inside and have one left.

Having pissed away a dart.
(10-17-2020, 05:58 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Because there Pro's and were not

And that is exactly the correct answer!!!!
The standard of playing is much different .
(10-17-2020, 12:44 PM)Gazzabnorthern Wrote: Yep attack it with your first dart.....don’t waste any of them

So shoot to kill!
Not read the thread properly, but why anyone would try and throw a marker dart just outside before going for the double is beyond me - if you are that good you can throw a marker dart where you want it then you should also be good enough to just hit the double as well, so just go for it
(10-17-2020, 06:24 PM)Gooddark Wrote:
(10-17-2020, 12:44 PM)Gazzabnorthern Wrote: Yep attack it with your first dart.....don’t waste any of them

So shoot to kill!

Agreed ?
Darts : Winmau Pro Line  (22g ), Medium Nylon stems , Amazon Pear Flights.
Soft Tip: 18g Unicorn Barrels,Medium Nylon Stems,Standard Flights,Target Pixel Tips.

Steel Board: unicorn Eclipse Pro 
Soft Tip Board: Granboard Dash 

GranID: GazzaB82 
              (The Biscuit) 
www.custommadedarts.com  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
You can always do what I do, close your eyes, pray, and throw ..... it never works, but at least it's a plan.   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me .... I find bliss in my confusion.
(10-18-2020, 12:22 AM)Borisbbadd Wrote: You can always do what I do, close your eyes, pray, and throw ..... it never works, but at least it's a plan.   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

LOL.....
Yep....

I guess so.

Everyone has there own strategy .
(10-17-2020, 07:01 PM)mc1958 Wrote: Not read the thread properly, but why anyone would try and throw a marker dart just outside before going for the double is beyond me - if you are that good you can throw a marker dart where you want it then you should also be good enough to just hit the double as well, so just go for it

Agreed. It would be like someone trying to start shooting from half court like Stephen Curry instead of shooting from the three point line.
Thanks for the input!
(10-17-2020, 05:57 PM)Gooddark Wrote: So why do I see a  pros players  throw high on double tops ?
I doubt the pros miss double tops by a inch on purpose if they can hit it first go
Missing outside for sure . It’s called being cautious, it’s a lot easier to miss outside the double than go straight for the double. For me atleast.

But with 3 darts in hand I would just aim for outside the double / the double

I don’t think you’re seeing pro’s throw high on double tops intentionally either, if anything you are seeing nerves clicking in at a tense point during the match.

I get what you are saying, and I think it maybe the overuse of commentators calling things “ great markers “ etc. 

For me I couldn’t do it, have to go right for it even if it’s a double I am not fond of.
The only time I throw at a double as a marker is D1 with two/three darts left or an odd double(D9, D11, etc.) with two darts left. Easier to work my way down from there.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Red dragon double 16 elite grip jordanhopper180 2 220 04-11-2020, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Calvinize
  Double - double Andreas 10 449 03-26-2020, 09:29 PM
Last Post: jonesy
  “The marker” CalixNL 9 574 12-12-2019, 01:40 AM
Last Post: CalixNL
  Chalk vs. dry erase marker PecosJoe 6 244 11-15-2019, 08:52 AM
Last Post: pkittle
  Favourite/Least Favourite Double? Dan180 50 1,555 10-16-2019, 06:23 PM
Last Post: LethalEagle