Online darts tournaments
Has anyone arranged any online tournaments?
Mack The Knife
Only between friends during lock down. I always wondered if it was something that could have potential within the DN community.
(09-12-2020, 09:14 PM)BullShot Wrote: Only between friends during lock down. I  always wondered if it was something that could have potential within the DN community.

Sounds like a fun idea, although I don't know how you would accomplish it.
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me .... I find bliss in my confusion.
I imagine it would be similar to what we tried for soft tip:

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/thread-38792.html

But since webcam darts has several sites or venues if you like - including Facebook - would think someone needs to sort that out first. 

Webcam darts site:

https://www.webcamdarts.com/

Facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/440581142678738/

We could create a dedicated area where things about webcam darts can be discussed, but someone has to take the lead getting competitions going.  Suggest that be someone who's actually doing it. Wink
I play regularly on the Webcam Darts Association site, and participate in online leagues and tournaments.

Most are organised through a dedicated facebook page for communication. Games played on WDA. The admin for the comp uses Challonge or Weebly to generate brackets, track progress, etc.
When I have played with friends, we just done it via Skype. That way we could use either a mobile phone or tablet thus making it more accessible without having to payout for a webcam.

Given the different time zones for folk on this forum perhaps set up mini regional leagues with the winners going on to play a knock out against other winners, world Cup style.

So many options but ultimately requires someone to plan and organise with participants agreeing to meet times. I'd love to get in board but I have zero experience on running something like this.
i would be up for this.
I am on a Facebook group and we have tournaments, need two devices, one for Nakka and one to video call on FB messanger. We use challong for the draw.

If people are interested I'm happy to set it up.
Mack The Knife
New forum created for online play (steel tip) discussion.  Depending on what's worked out, other threads will be created or moved into this area.

cheers...
I'm on a Facebook group using 2 devices (camera and scoring device), using Zoom meetings for the virtual collaboration and DartConnect for scoring.  I use an iPhone for the camera and Zoom, and an iPad for DartConnect scoring.  Having a good time playing with folks across the DFW metroplex.
I've not been able to participate, but some players in our league have been organizing a few tournaments. Similar to a few of you above, using Challonge for the tournament draw, zoom for game play, and dartconnect for scoring.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Software for online darts Pell 4 190 06-10-2020, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Pell
  Webcam for Online Darts Zero 33 1,370 06-03-2020, 02:00 AM
Last Post: Danblacksher