Cleaning barrels
(07-24-2020, 06:42 AM)SMskateProd Wrote:
(07-23-2020, 07:59 PM)Jefferz Wrote: Some have suggested Steredent to work really well. They should work as effectively as toothpaste and old toothbrush. Great for 'renewing' the grip after it gets clogged up with dead skin and stuff over time.
Toothpaste could be better if barrels aren´t painted, isn´t it? Or it doesn´t matter? Let me know it please, I´m curious about using toothpaste for cleaning barrels. Regards.

Its the bicarbonate of soda in steredent which makes it effective for cleaning. A bag of baking soda is all thats needed. Does the job really well. Just soak the barrels in a solution of bicarb and water for an hour then give them a good scrub with an old toothbrush.
(07-23-2020, 03:06 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: Dish soap works a charm as well.
yep0
It’s interesting. Thanks for the info, next time I’ll clean it with bicarbonate solution.
Regards.
I use alcohol about once every 2 or 3 weeks.

Gesendet von meinem MAR-LX1A mit Tapatalk
[Image: ulaodpa5218.png]
Board: Winmau Blade 5 DC
Darts : Cosmo Cyclone Mickey Mansell 23.9 g 
A minor tale of woe, with a positive outcome!
Over the last month I had been having problems with my throw.
Each dart I threw was not going in a straight line to the target, they would start in line with the target but then slide from left to right in a nice arc.
I tried tweaking my grip, minor adjustments to my stance and follow through but nothing made any difference at all, all my darts were sliding to the right of the target.
Probably not a good idea but I even tried aiming to the left of my target but this made matters worse with a more pronounced slide to the right.
My scoring and averages were going down and anything I did to try and compensate for this just made matters worse!

It has been extremely hot here recently, which I’m used to, and your hands can get very sweaty.
My darts have a very fine razor grip, yesterday I decided to give them a good clean, just with water, detergent and a Scotchbrite scourer.

Well, the difference was like night and day, my throw straightened up immediately.
To me, it seems obvious that I was used to a certain level of grip on the dart, as this grip level dropped I couldn’t release the dart in the way I’ve become accustomed to, hence the erratic throw.

The moral of the story, it could be the simplest thing that’s hampering your throw, in my case I’m certain it was lack of grip, taking a couple of minutes to clean my darts made all the difference.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cleaning Pixel Grip Darts Dan180 11 755 04-14-2019, 09:19 PM
Last Post: Dan180
  Cleaning Zagy1234 2 364 08-19-2018, 02:12 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Cleaning my darts Paddywaugh 7 783 02-09-2017, 05:06 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade