Harrows Darts.

Image Resizing
We've made pictures easier to post - but now need to impose some limits on size.  Going forward, pictures larger than 1050 pixels wide will be automatically resized.  You'll still see the picture, but reduced to the 1050 limit.  Or other limits we need to set as the situation demands.  1050 is where we intend to start.  Pictures smaller than that will be not be affected.

A title bar will appear to tell everyone the image has been resized - giving the option to expand.  Looks like this:

https://i.imgur.com/x1tZ6wV.png

Full size looks like this:

https://i.imgur.com/Vf6Kewj.png

Notice the bar advising you can expand or reduce size depending on current state?  Click that section to perform the appropriate action.

Necessary because of the adverse effect huge pictures have on bandwidth and page load speeds.  All linked images will be subject to the restrictions.

Sorry for any inconvenience...
Imho, it'd be a bit clearer if you pasted it here as pictures, not as links .-)

Tbh, I never look at what sizes are my pics, however it's always either 33 or 20% resize of my own 10Mpix photos or some print screens or pictures that I don't think they are too big. I hope it won't cause any troubles.
(05-01-2020, 06:21 PM)elevendarter Wrote: Imho, it'd be a bit clearer if you pasted it here as pictures, not as links .-)

Tbh, I never look at what sizes are my pics, however it's always either 33 or 20% resize of my own 10Mpix photos or some print screens or pictures that I don't think they are too big. I hope it won't cause any troubles.

Direct picture links use the preview feature of the forum, same as opening legacy attachments.  So in some cases - a better option.  Not subject to resizing either, although not fussed about that.  The resizing is not intrusive. 

10 megapixel images are 3872 x 2592 native.   The 20% will be untouched, the 33% will be resized I'd say.  We'll soon see. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
My original images are 3888 x 2592, but with the (invisible) white frame they're 5533x3888 horizontally, resp. 3064 x 4360 vertically. I thought I would have to start doing 19% resizes but as I've just checked out it would be 1051 x 739 which still would be too much. Sounds like it needs to be 18% in my case...996 x 700.

Out of interest - here's 18, 19 and 33%. I can't see any warnings when seeing Preview Post.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
And I can't see any bar even now. Are you sure it's 1050 pixels?
(05-01-2020, 11:06 PM)elevendarter Wrote: And I can't see any bar even now. Are you sure it's 1050 pixels?

I can see them, and yes I'm sure it 's 1050. The first has no bar - under threshold. The 2nd has a bar, because it's 1051 pixels wide. 3rd has the bar because it's 1826 X 1283.
(05-01-2020, 11:27 PM)nixer55 Wrote:
(05-01-2020, 11:06 PM)elevendarter Wrote: And I can't see any bar even now. Are you sure it's 1050 pixels?

I can see them, and yes I'm sure it 's 1050. The first has no bar - under threshold.  The 2nd has a bar, because it's 1051 pixels wide.  3rd has the bar because it's 1826 X 1283.

I don't get it probably. I thought I couldn't see them because it's my own post but I can't see any bars even if I'm logged off..
Got to be something funky with your setup.  Nothing to do with the account that posts - and guests see them too.

No matter - as long as the image get resized...
Interesting thing with eleven's pictures though.  Not what he's describing.  Don't think anyway.

From my view, seems like the green bar is floating, not connected to the picture.  This confused me, so checked with 4 browsers - still floating.  Other images were fine.  Then I checked an image from eleven's post.  Got a border effect added, with shadow.  So the image frame is larger that what's visible.  Screenshot from an edit preview.  N.B. Might get confusing looking at a resized screenshot of a resized picGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. :

Here's what you see if you open the image in a new browser tab.  The extra border stuff is included in the image data, but you only see the shadow because the rest is white - on a white post background.  Screenshot - new tab, full size:

Check the images in the 180 thread, or elsewhere.  See if the bars are visible in that thread.
(05-02-2020, 02:02 AM)nixer55 Wrote: Interesting thing with eleven's pictures though.  Not what he's describing.  Don't think anyway.

From my view, seems like the green bar is floating, not connected to the picture.  This confused me, so checked with 4 browsers - still floating.  Other images were fine.
  Then I checked an image from eleven's post.  Got a border effect added, with shadow.  So the image frame is larger that what's visible.  Screenshot from an edit preview.  N.B. Might get confusing looking at a resized screenshot of a resized picGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. :

Here's what I wrote above:
My original images are 3888 x 2592, but with the (invisible) white frame they're 5533x3888 horizontally....

That's why the bar is floating and that's why my images are floating as well. Just my type of editing pictures for website presentations :-)

It is really strange though because I still can't see the bars here, however I can see them in other posts with my other pictures. And what's the most confusing to me, I see them mainly (only?) above the vertical (narrower) images.

It doesn't matter whether it's my pictures are whether it's pictures of other people. The bars are only above the vertical ones. I thought it could be happening  because of my old small 19" screen but it is the same (with no bars) even when I look at it on my big TV. Here's a screen shot where you can see there's no bar above the middle picture. Do you yourself see there the floating bar in your browser, in real? It's in this thread in the first post.

As you say, it doesn't matter as long as the images get resized, but still, it's something strange.  And if I get it right, I don't need to worry too much about resizing it precisely under 1050 pixels because it would be done automatically and it only adds the bar. What's more, many people on here probably have no idea what we're talking about with the pixels anyway.

EDIT: This picture is 487 x 874 and it has the bar too :-) I can see this one here now.

EDIT 2: I can see the bar above this picture even on my TV. It's the only bar I can see in this post (plus those on the print screen shot itself, of course..).
I have a bar in the linked thread.  No idea why you don't.

Regarding height restrictions - in order to maintain picture aspect ratios - had to supply a vertical limit.  790 IIRC.  Then the resize circuit will also engage.
Don’t know if this is helpful to anyone and/or if anyone is using an iPad but just before dragging the pic into the drop box I noticed I could tap on ‘image size’ and a drop down box appears with small, medium or large choices. I chose ‘medium’ and just posted my first pic in the 180’s thread and it looks a sensible size. I hope.

I’ll try ‘small’ next time.
Can’t seem to do it agin. Lol
(05-02-2020, 06:15 PM)Spangle Wrote: Don’t know if this is helpful to anyone and/or if anyone is using an iPad but just before dragging the pic into the drop box I noticed I could tap on ‘image size’ and a drop down box appears with small, medium or large choices. I chose ‘medium’ and just posted my first pic in the 180’s thread and it looks a sensible size. I hope.

(05-02-2020, 06:37 PM)Spangle Wrote: Can’t seem to do it agin. Lol

I just clicked on the resize button in that thread and the picture, when resized, was HUGE!
Jason S - Middle of USA - South Dakota
Darts: Over 60 sets - Currently Using Whichever One Feels Right
Board: Target Nexus / One80 Gladiator III
Highest Out: 170
Best Leg: 12 Darts (Many shots at a 10 darter - Arghhh)
2020 Maximums: Goal set at 200 - Goal of 200 reached on 3/29/20 - Should've set higher goal.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Favorite Quotes:
"It always seems impossible until it is done." - Nelson Mandela
"Life becomes easier when you learn to accept the apology you never got." - Robert Brault (Told to me by someone who never knew how much I needed to hear it.)
(05-02-2020, 06:39 PM)JAMSGOLF Wrote:
(05-02-2020, 06:15 PM)Spangle Wrote: Don’t know if this is helpful to anyone and/or if anyone is using an iPad but just before dragging the pic into the drop box I noticed I could tap on ‘image size’ and a drop down box appears with small, medium or large choices. I chose ‘medium’ and just posted my first pic in the 180’s thread and it looks a sensible size. I hope.

(05-02-2020, 06:37 PM)Spangle Wrote: Can’t seem to do it agin. Lol

I just clicked on the resize button in that thread and the picture, when resized, was HUGE!
? Lol

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Attaching Non-Image Files to a Post nixer55 0 291 07-15-2020, 03:36 PM
Last Post: nixer55
Star Tips for the Forum: Help the forum get better and check your image size ! Fred-180 43 17,091 05-01-2020, 12:57 AM
Last Post: nixer55