Darts Buddy

Rear grippers - favourite bomber?
The topic says it all. Hit me!
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Maximums: 5 Highest checkout: 132 [SB-T19-Bull] Best leg: 20 darts
Darts: Harrows Black I.C.E. 22g / Winmau Steve Beaton Phase 1 22g / DPC Optimum 22g / Target Nathan Aspinall 22g 
Bullet style or front loaded, what weight
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Andrew Fordham Onyx- the black coated ones from Winmau -
Just a simple band of babyshark grip on the rear taper -

Doesn't hurt they are only 25 squid from Argos (UK catalogue shop.)

those white rings are also super easy to turn into your own colours with a felt tipped pen. Or you can use some acetone to get pure black barrels.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/7495175
Ryk is currently using:-

Arrows - 16g Harrows Girls Lolita (Reflex Conversion C type):: Stems Edgeglow Purple Short :: Flights Rie Hoshino Marathon :: - Winmau Blade 6
::

You might want to look at the Unicorn Phase 5 LP.
(04-14-2020, 10:47 AM)Hazza Wrote: Bullet style or front loaded, what weight

The definitions are so vague and confusing (bomb/bullet/missile/torpedo/frontweighted etc) so I decided to keep it broad.

I am using 22g currently.
Darts: Harrows Black I.C.E. 22g / Winmau Steve Beaton Phase 1 22g / DPC Optimum 22g / Target Nathan Aspinall 22g 
(04-14-2020, 11:00 AM)Ryk Wrote: Andrew Fordham Onyx- the black coated ones from Winmau -
Just a simple band of babyshark grip on the rear taper -

Doesn't hurt they are only 25 squid from Argos (UK catalogue shop.)

those white rings are also super easy to turn into your own colours with a felt tipped pen. Or you can use some acetone to get pure black barrels.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/7495175

Great price (no international shipping though)! Looks good, probably on the short side for my grip. Using a pencil grip, a bit like Taylor but my middle finger is a bit more ”stretched out” than his.
Taylor Gen 5

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I like the Unicorn Gripper Gordon Shumways
Broad aka vague.

Fordham's, 23g, job done

Next
Current sets that I've been throwing well lately:
Red Dragon Reflex
Winmau Lisa Ashtons
Winmau Pulsar
Unicorn Kyle Manton (if the scallop works for you)
Target Taylor 9Five G4s
Winmau Fordham special editions (the blue ones)

I’m kind of a sucker for the short, chunky barrel shape. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I tend to rotate through Unicorn rear grip bullets from 25-27g. Namely...

Phil Taylor Phase 5 LP, 26g
Phil Taylor Phase 6, 25g
Andy Hamilton, 25g and 27g
Gordon Shumway, 26g
Sigma 950, 26g
Sigma 970 LP, 25g
Sigma 970, 27g
Kyle Manton, 26g
'Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
The Mantons looked amazing, I've tried snipers and I like a nice scallop. Too bad the Manton's are 26g only though. I've never thrown anything other than 22 g so I am used to that weight and it seems to suit me quite well. Will take a closer look at the Shumways, I've seen the DPC Optimum as well which seems quite similar. The Taylor darts are of course very interesting, though the price is a bit steep imho. Fordham's and the rest of Unicorn selection might get a shot as well. Cheers.
Designa Black Shadow V2 bomb shape are a great choice. That micro grip in the back helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They caught my eye some weeks ago but I haven't found anything about them in any section of this forum really. I am leaning towards trying the Shumway's but these are another type of bombers so they might go in to the shopping cart as well!
Maybe the new Bolide SP05 coming on the market this Friday. I preordered a set in 24g, but they are available in 22g, too.

Other than that I could recommend the Red Dragon Carnage 4
♡   ♡   ♡

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Darts for rear grip - rear grippers post your faves in here Getagrip 150 67,537 01-16-2021, 12:16 AM
Last Post: BDG
  Favourite Grip The G 28 2,414 06-19-2019, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Zeeple
  Darts for stem end of barrel grip - stem grippers post your faves in here Getagrip 34 10,607 02-27-2019, 12:32 PM
Last Post: The Barrel
  Need advice from rear grippers cpohd 6 802 01-27-2019, 09:05 PM
Last Post: cpohd
  30g bomber darts NiteEyez 5 431 10-15-2018, 12:53 AM
Last Post: bkbum