Harrows Darts.

Tired of the discrimination!
(09-30-2020, 06:01 AM)Force Majeure Wrote:
(09-29-2020, 10:31 PM)jt4527 Wrote:
(09-29-2020, 08:31 PM)Force Majeure Wrote:
(06-16-2020, 03:19 AM)JAMSGOLF Wrote:
(06-15-2020, 10:32 PM)jezola Wrote: I must admit I dismissed soft tip but due to the lockdown purchased a board (wife won't let steel tip in the house with good reason) also watched Phil Taylor at the Home darts thing now a convert (can't wait to play steel in the pub though).

I'm mainly a soft tip player, but have a steel tip board as well. I think each is equally fun, and each has its own place and time. I'm glad to see a "convert"! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I'm trying to figure out the way to use soft tip darts with steel points (for those occasions), I need to get soft and a steel tip that looks the part, don't see too many of them and what about carbon tips? I'm thinking about buying a pair of soft tips, but need them to go with steel points also, for obvious reasons.

You want conversion points - I've heard that the Mission points are very good.

For example: https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=21873

Just search for "conversion points" on Darts Corner.
How much does the Titanium points weigh? Density is half of steel almost 4.5 vs 7.85, 1 gram maybe? Depends on how long they are also ofc. 26 or 30 is most common I guess.

I use several different types of conversion points most of which are 30mm. You can count on the "average" weight of a 30mm conversion point being right around 1 gram (mine weigh 1.05 grams). An average soft tip is going to weigh "around" 0.25-0.30 grams. As far as the length, it's just like with steel tips - each person will have their own personal preference.
Jason S - Middle of USA - South Dakota
Darts: Over 60 sets - Currently Using Whichever One Feels Right
Board: Target Nexus / One80 Gladiator III
Highest Out: 170
Best Leg: 12 Darts (Many shots at a 10 darter - Arghhh)
2020 Maximums: Goal set at 200 - Goal of 200 reached on 3/29/20 - Should've set higher goal.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Favorite Quotes:
"It always seems impossible until it is done." - Nelson Mandela
"Life becomes easier when you learn to accept the apology you never got." - Robert Brault (Told to me by someone who never knew how much I needed to hear it.)
This is my list of conversion point weights.
The first measurement is for the threads length
If the final bit is split then it will be the nosecone/point when you can tell them apart.

0.32g - L Style Hard Lip 5mm + 30mm
1.00g - Winmau Carbon Fibre 6mm + 4mm/26mm
1.07g - Target Prescision Pro 5.5mm+ 6mm/24mm
1.08g - Cosmo Metal Fit Titanium 28mm Solid (Ti3) 4mm + 10mm/18mm
1.11g - Mission Titanium 6mm + 3mm/8mm/2mm/17mm
1.12g - Target Silver Key Points 4.5mm + 5.5mm/26mm
1.48g - one80 Reflex D - 5.5mm + 6mm/26mm (Short Eliptical)
1.60g - one80 Reflex B - 5.5mm + 9mm/26mm (Long Cone)
1.63g - one80 Reflex C - 5.5mm + 9mm/26mm (Long Shark Cone)
1.70g - one80 Reflex F - 5.5mm + 8mm/26mm (Long Scalloped Eliptical)
1.75g - one80 Reflex 2.00mmx36mm 5.5mm + 9mm/27mm
1.78g - Cosmo Metal Fit Steel 28mm Solid (SUS3) 4mm + 10mm/18mm
1.83g - Target Brass Key Points 4.5mm + 5.5mm/26mm
2.04g - Harrows Apex Sabre Points Silver 4mm + 6mm/2mm/5mm/5mm/14mm (Ridges at 6+7mm from tip)
2.10g - one80 2.35mmx35mm 5.5mm + 9mm/27mm
2.23g - Monster 35mm 7mm + 35mm
Ryk is currently using:-

Arrows - 16g Harrows Girls Lolita (Reflex Conversion C type):: Stems Edgeglow Purple Short :: Flights Rie Hoshino Marathon :: - Winmau Blade 6
::

(10-02-2020, 01:32 PM)Ryk Wrote: This is my list of conversion point weights.
The first measurement is for the threads length
If the final bit is split then it will be the nosecone/point when you can tell them apart.

0.32g - L Style Hard Lip 5mm + 30mm
1.00g - Winmau Carbon Fibre 6mm + 4mm/26mm
1.07g - Target Prescision Pro 5.5mm+ 6mm/24mm
1.08g - Cosmo Metal Fit Titanium 28mm Solid (Ti3) 4mm + 10mm/18mm
1.11g - Mission Titanium 6mm + 3mm/8mm/2mm/17mm
1.12g - Target Silver Key Points 4.5mm + 5.5mm/26mm
1.48g - one80 Reflex D - 5.5mm  + 6mm/26mm (Short Eliptical)
1.60g - one80 Reflex B - 5.5mm + 9mm/26mm (Long Cone)
1.63g - one80 Reflex C - 5.5mm + 9mm/26mm (Long Shark Cone)
1.70g - one80 Reflex F - 5.5mm  + 8mm/26mm (Long Scalloped Eliptical)
1.75g - one80 Reflex 2.00mmx36mm 5.5mm + 9mm/27mm
1.78g - Cosmo Metal Fit Steel 28mm Solid (SUS3) 4mm + 10mm/18mm
1.83g - Target Brass Key Points 4.5mm + 5.5mm/26mm
2.04g - Harrows Apex Sabre Points Silver 4mm + 6mm/2mm/5mm/5mm/14mm (Ridges at 6+7mm from tip)
2.10g - one80 2.35mmx35mm 5.5mm + 9mm/27mm
2.23g - Monster 35mm 7mm + 35mm

Wow, that helps a bundle. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Is it a bad idea to get a soft tip dart and play it a lot with steel? Since I was thinking I could get a dart with a lower weight that was (one that suits me) whereas the steel pointed are 2-4 grams heavier.
Harrows Saru King  @ 18g

McCoy Sabers @ 20g / 22g

Loxley's Robins @ 21g / 23g (With Unicorn Ultracore inserts)

Target Board
I only use soft tipped darts - with a conversion point as a steel tip - I use lightish darts as my throw put too much energy into the dart - so a light soft tip is no issue for me.
If a dart works for you then it works.
The issue may be if you get really good and a compromised dart is preventing you from getting ultimate performance - usually
Too light - you get more flight vs. flight impacts that kills the energy of the arrow so the second dart does have enough zip to stick in the board.

Some soft tips you can bulk up with ballast - I use Unicorn Sigmacore inserts - they add 2.2g and are 10mm long so if the drill depth of a barrel and however long your threads are (Point or stem) you can add more meat or tweak the balance of a barrel. You'll need at least 15mm before you can really consider it - Some brands are not compatible with a unicorn sigmacore (A slim cylinder of 97% tungsten.)

It is only a bad idea if it doesn't work for you. And if you prefer a lower weight it will open up a multitude of barrels you can buy without having to get them drilled out to lower the weight.
Ryk is currently using:-

Arrows - 16g Harrows Girls Lolita (Reflex Conversion C type):: Stems Edgeglow Purple Short :: Flights Rie Hoshino Marathon :: - Winmau Blade 6
::

Wowza! Now that's better than I would have thought, thank you for that! Seems like it's more complex, which I like, I like to fiddle with things and improve upon them. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I'm off to get me some soft tippers, me thinks. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 19 - 21 grams, for starters.
Harrows Saru King  @ 18g

McCoy Sabers @ 20g / 22g

Loxley's Robins @ 21g / 23g (With Unicorn Ultracore inserts)

Target Board
(04-10-2020, 11:28 PM)Mac-attack99 Wrote: Not usually one to raise a fuss, and I’m not trying to start anything, just curious on other players thoughts.

Why is there such a huge gap between soft tip and some steel tip players? To me the game is the same no matter what you throw, “Darts is Darts” but There’s a type of steel tip player that thinks soft tip is just a mockery of steel tip... I just don’t understand it...some people view soft tip darts as an unrelated part/group of the game? 

The number one reason I hear is that soft tip is easier than steel... which i believe to be false, (yes, the board is smaller. And I completely understand that) but a good soft tip player can still shoot very well and maintain a damn good average on a bristle board. I have seen it proved on a bunch of occasions.

I have also been told that “your not a real dart player”, because my darts are just “child’s toys”, or I have had people ask what I throw when I throw “normal” darts... 

it just irks me every time!

Looking for any opinions or discussions...

Also do Any other soft tippers have any stories of this? Or any discriminating phrases that your tired of hearing?

I wouldn't discriminate your choices but i hate soft tip, just seems like an american bastardization of an already good game with steel tip and traditional sisal boards. Kinda like 9 ball pool, 8 ball english pool is and always will be the better game
If i were a king, then treble 5 would be my throne.

Darts: 28g Red Dragon Blue Fin 2's
Stems: Unicorn gripper long stems
Flights: Anything with a union jack on it
Board: Unicorn Eclipse pro2
Lighting: Target corona vision
I just started playing with intent a few month as ago, steel tip. I just bought a soft tip board and a couple sets of darts for 2 reasons.
I play steel tip on line right now. But when COVID cools down my wife and I travel in Asia quite a bit. There are many more places to play soft tip there and I want to be able to make a decent showing when I go looking for a game.
I can also get my wife into playing soft tip because she finds it slightly less boring with the lights and soundsGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Both are fun for me in different ways and personally I just like the game so either is a lot of fun!
SUPERDARTS KILLERS 22g

Instagram: toddg.darts
Twitter: toddg.darts
Dartconnect and WDA: ToddG