Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

DropZone! Drag 'n' Drop Pictures!
For many years, members have struggled with adding pictures to posts.  Introducing myDropZone!  Used from the forum post editor, simply drag your picture onto the 'Attachments' box - OR - click anywhere inside the box and browse to your image.  Your picture will be added automatically to where you are in the editor at the time.  If you haven't added any text yet - that will be at the beginning of the post.

You go to the main editor whenever you:
  1. Reply to a post
  2. New Reply to a thread
  3. Start a new thread (Post Thread)
  4. Preview from 'Quick Reply'
So just about everywhere!  Looks like this:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

For pictures, files are uploaded to Imgur and the share automatically added to your post.  Please note - you don't need an Imgur account for this to work!  For other types of files, an attachment will be created similar to the old system.  Remember, the picture or attachment will appear wherever you are in the editor at the time!  So it's a good idea to start typing text in your post before adding pictures!

Here it is in action.  Notice the share link is created as soon as you drop the file in the box:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Before you post or preview, you can delete the attachment within DropZone by clicking the 'X'.  But after you post or preview, you'll have to manually edit the post to remove the picture!

And please! Don't try to attach Videos!! It won't work!  Use the method in the guides:

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=39317

Enjoy!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Update - May 2020:  Note, this method works for pictures YOU have.  Not hosted on a website.  You also need to allow javascript from the forum and access from Imgur.com.

Update - September 2020:  Thought it worth mentioning the pictures uploaded to Imgur are anonymous.
Awesome! Nice work Nixer!!
Neat! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great work.

Could this feature be added to the signature creation/editing section?
(04-11-2020, 07:11 AM)Laconic Wrote: Great work.

I'm no expert on this but I would suggest not as that could lead to loads of large pictures in signature blocks
(04-11-2020, 07:19 AM)mc1958 Wrote:

I'm no expert on this but I would suggest not as that could lead to loads of large pictures in signature blocks

True. I get annoyed by large signature pictures myself.  I like the occasional picture of a favourite dart but anything more than that must be annoying to folk who don't have big 32" monitors like mine :-)

In short - no.
Have to say I’ love it so far!! Seems easier for me, as I’m not as tech savvy as people my age lol
 ✯✯✯Mac-Attack99
༺Darts: 21.5 gm monster cobra I No.5 soft tips༻
༺Flights: Winmau Prisim Alpha Black/Pink༻
༺Shafts: Harrows Supergrip Black/Pink༻
2020 180’s: 14/12
2020 Hat: 236/160
Overall Tournament Wins:5
2020 league weeks won: 14
I really love this quick method.

May I suggest a simple but great tweak.
At the moment a simple IMG tag is inserted which will show the pic in the uploaded size (often too huge).
Just change the inserted template for a combined url/img tag with the Imgur letter resizing applied.
(Since the [code] tag is not working I have to attach a pic)

The example working:
Not quite that simple, but appreciate the suggestion.

cheers...
(04-24-2020, 09:35 AM)Cateye Wrote: I really love this quick method.

May I suggest a simple but great tweak.
At the moment a simple IMG tag is inserted which will show the pic in the uploaded size (often too huge).
Just change the inserted template for a combined url/img tag with the Imgur letter resizing applied.

Edited...

(04-24-2020, 12:12 PM)nixer55 Wrote: Not quite that simple, but appreciate the suggestion.

cheers...

Part of the problem with Cateye's suggestion -  it's Imgur specific.  Lot's of members use their own service.  Which makes it challenging to implement a solution for all images via css.

However the concept is a good one - and may yet follow through with a solution we can try.  Short of setting hard size limits globally, which is also possible.  The question becomes at what size does the automated system step in?  Lot's of different devices out there, the ideal may be much smaller than we 'big screen' guys think.  Guess the only way to find out is put something in place and see.

cheers...
(04-29-2020, 12:52 AM)nixer55 Wrote: Part of the problem with Cateye's suggestion -  it's Imgur specific.  Lot's of members use their own service.  Which makes it challenging to implement a solution for all images via css.

However the concept is a good one - and may yet follow through with a solution we can try.  Short of setting hard size limits globally, which is also possible.  The question becomes at what size does the automated system step in?  Lot's of different devices out there, the ideal may be much smaller than we 'big screen' guys think.  Guess the only way to find out is put something in place and see.

cheers...

I seem to have communicated somewhat unclearly, sorry for that.
I never had all attachment in mind, that's nearly impossible.

I meant ONLY the drag 'n' drop method, because only here the forum creates the Imgur link by uploading the image to the image provider.
And since the forum will also create the (IMG) tag with the received Imgur URL it should be trivial to change the inserted text.

So only the drag 'n' drop method will lead to the suggested clickable and sized image all other ways to add an image/attachment/whatever to the forum are left untouched.
(04-30-2020, 01:53 PM)nixer55 Wrote:
(04-30-2020, 01:22 PM)Spangle Wrote: Lol. Posting pics from anything is impossible for me. Can’t even register on imgur, whatever that is. Lol

Don't need to anymore.  We created an API so you don't:

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=39736

Number 6 in the Forum Guide Index BTW...
Wish I could understand it. Don’t know what all the terms mean. What’s api? Where’s the drag box? What’s the editors cursor position? Also I use an I pad. I understand from reading on here, I need I guess. What is Imgur? Looks like a social networking platform to me. I also tried registering with them but it says my e mail is not excepted.

Sorry, I should post this somewhere more appropriate.

Would like to post the odd pic but I’m afraid, I just don’t get it.
(04-30-2020, 02:00 PM)Spangle Wrote: Wish I could understand it. Don’t know what all the terms mean. What’s api? Where’s the drag box? What’s the editors cursor position? Also I use an I pad. I understand from reading on here, I need I guess. What is Imgur? Looks like a social networking platform to me. I also tried registering with them but it says my e mail is not excepted.

Moved post to where it is appropriate - right in the guide thread.

API - Application Programming Interface - but forget about that.  It's transparent to members.

When you start a post or thread, the drag box appears at the bottom of the page.  Says "Drop files here to upload".  Editor cursor position is where you are in the post editor as you type text.  As I say in the guide - wherever you are in the editor at the time.  If you haven't started any text yet - the pic will appear at the beginning.  Few other helpful hints in the guide, but that should get you started.
(04-30-2020, 02:17 PM)nixer55 Wrote:
(04-30-2020, 02:00 PM)Spangle Wrote: Wish I could understand it. Don’t know what all the terms mean. What’s api? Where’s the drag box? What’s the editors cursor position? Also I use an I pad. I understand from reading on here, I need I guess. What is Imgur? Looks like a social networking platform to me. I also tried registering with them but it says my e mail is not excepted.

Moved post to where it is appropriate - right in the guide thread.

API - Application Programming Interface - but forget about that.  It's transparent to members.

When you start a post or thread, the drag box appears at the bottom of the page.  Says "Drop files here to upload".  Editor cursor position is where you are in the post editor as you type text.  As I say in the guide - wherever you are in the editor at the time.  If you haven't started any text yet - the pic will appear at the beginning.  Few other helpful hints in the guide, but that should get you started.
Thanks. So can I just use pics straight from my gallery on my I pad or do I need imgur?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Photobucket pictures nixer55 0 186 04-03-2020, 01:59 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Posting Pictures with an iPad nixer55 0 235 02-24-2020, 02:37 PM
  Large Pictures with Tapatalk BIGGINGE666 12 596 01-17-2020, 04:23 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  Posting pictures - iPads nixer55 1 336 10-14-2019, 12:36 AM
  Embedding Pictures in a Post nixer55 20 1,615 10-13-2019, 09:48 PM