Target Darts.

Bulls Phantom Grip 24g review, Barneveld Unicorn Phase 1
Hello Dartsnutz,

Although I have used this website previously enabling me to spend a lot of money on darts, thank you Darren. I thought it was about time I became a member and what better time now in quarantine. today I will be reviewing a set of the Bulls Phantom Grip 80% Tungsten darts in 24g.

I ordered these darts on Saturday from Darts Corner and they came this morning (Tuesday) so excellent service considering we are currently going through covid-19.

they retail for £28.95 and are available in 21g,22g,23g,24g,25g & 26g.

Background

for the past 3 years I have used Barney phase 1's for me the easiest to throw and best balanced dart ever, unfortunately over time like any other dart the grip does not stay the same, due to them no longer being made I have eventually found these I read on www.dartswarehouse.eu that barney used to use these when he was sponsored by bulls but I have found no solid evidence to back this up.

Packaging & contents

The darts come in a slim cardboard package with a foam insert inside the packaging with the Bulls logo and the name of the dart. supplied with the darts are a set of medium nylon stems and a set of flights.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Comparison with Unicorn Barney phase 1's 

apologies for the poor quailty this was a screen shot from a youtube video,In the picture below you can see the darts next too the Barney Unicorn phase 1's

below is the link I got the video from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvgGgUrIrOE 

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Pictures of the darts

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

its a classic style of dart with a tapered nose, it has grip throughout the barrel bulls describe this grip as ghost grip but I would describe it as micro grip from front to back same as the unicorn phase 1's. Its hard to describe the grip level I would go for a medium level of grip not overly aggressive but at the same time it has more than enough to ensure the dart does not slip on release.

My Grip 

this is how I grip the dart, I never use the supplied set up maybe that is just me. Darts Corner happily repointed the darts for me with 36mm target firepoints, I used medium designa dart shafts at 24p a set the quality is outstanding just as good as any of the big company's and I used Unicorn Big wing XL flights.

Performance

these darts fly like a dream not only do they look like phase 1's they fly like them. Although people get put off by 80% tungsten darts I cannot tell the difference between a 80, 90 or 95% tungsten dart. they fly so easily and feel well balanced throughout. these will definitely  be my match darts once we have resumed normality.

Conclusion 

I think any type of dart barrel associated with the great Dutchman has become a bit of a classic. I think this barrel will work fine for any type of throw or grip.

the balance is superb and the darts feel really comfortable in the hand. the release feels effortless and smooth I don't think I have ever hit so many 140's in 30 minutes with a set of darts.

I think this dart would work for any beginner just starting the game or anyone who has played for a while. I would also recommend it for any player who has had success with the unicorn barney range, I cant speak for the target barney range as I have always thought they were to expensive.

at £28.95 I think its a great dart for value and not a overly big price if they don't work for you. the only negative from the value is I would of liked to see a wallet/case supplied with them.

looks: 8
Grip: 6.5 (1-10 scale, 10 being severe grip)
Quality: 10
Value:  9 (would of been 10 if there was a wallet/case supplied)
suitability for me: 10 (my new match darts)

best feature: Value 
These darts spent a lot of time on my list, but I’ve never pulled the trigger. Thanks for the review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the review.  Added to the Reviewed Darts Index.

cheers...
Good review and nice darts, thank you.
Good review and to add to your comparison i've included a few pictures of my Bulls Phantom Grip 21g and my Unicorn Phase 2s 25g. I bought these in 2014 i think and i'm almost certain they were 90%. Flights would support your bit about the fact Barney used to use them. I'm nearly certain those were the darts he used prior to signing for Unicorn and that the phase 1s were more or less a direct copy.

I haven't been able to find the Bulls Phantom Grip in 90% anywhere recently, they are a great dart and i've love a set tbh. Am tempted to pick these up now thanks to your review. One thing I will say is the micro grip does fade quite quickly, after around 3 months of regular use the grip on my set was pretty much non existent. They feel quite smooth now with a small ring grip.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I am not going to lie.  I copied you totally with this...just dropped my order with Darts Corner for 2 sets and the last 2 sets of points they had in stock.  I've been looking for a set of the Unicorns in 25g and just couldn't find a set that was in my price range.  I was able to get 2 sets of these with the points for less than someone asked from me for a set of good condition unicorns. Thanks so much for taking the plunge and trying this and sharing your stellar results!  Cheers and throw well mate!
Enjoyed your review, thanks.
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me .... I find bliss in my confusion.
(04-07-2020, 05:31 PM)Ivefoundgod Wrote: I haven't been able to find the Bulls Phantom Grip in 90% anywhere recently, they are a great dart and i've love a set tbh.

DC has a couple sets in 21g and 23g...the last two listed on this page:

https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/index.php?cPath=9_24_891
Steel Tip: Datadart Sawtooth 23g

Soft Tip: Unicorn Michael Barnard 18g
             Nodor ??? 16g

Stems and Flights: always trying out different combinations
(04-18-2020, 08:12 PM)rumstove Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 05:31 PM)Ivefoundgod Wrote: I haven't been able to find the Bulls Phantom Grip in 90% anywhere recently, they are a great dart and i've love a set tbh.

DC has a couple sets in 21g and 23g...the last two listed on this page:

https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/index.php?cPath=9_24_891

Thanks for that but seems like a different design to the ones I have, less rings on them anyway. Looks the 80% version are a closer match.
(04-07-2020, 05:31 PM)Ivefoundgod Wrote: Good review and to add to your comparison i've included a few pictures of my Bulls Phantom Grip 21g and my Unicorn Phase 2s 25g. I bought these in 2014 i think and i'm almost certain they were 90%. Flights would support your bit about the fact Barney used to use them. I'm nearly certain those were the darts he used prior to signing for Unicorn and that the phase 1s were more or less a direct copy.

I haven't been able to find the Bulls Phantom Grip in 90% anywhere recently, they are a great dart and i've love a set tbh. Am tempted to pick these up now thanks to your review. One thing I will say is the micro grip does fade quite quickly, after around 3 months of regular use the grip on my set was pretty much non existent. They feel quite smooth now with a small ring grip.
Apologies mate, I thought I had replied to this, the micro grip does wear but still feels grippy enough for the dart not slip and still fly smoothly, lovely comparison pics I love the barney phase 2’s I got the 2a’s but could never get along with them I still kept them in my little barney collection though, did you take the plunge and buy a set mate?
(04-18-2020, 05:33 PM)scott180 Wrote: I am not going to lie.  I copied you totally with this...just dropped my order with Darts Corner for 2 sets and the last 2 sets of points they had in stock.  I've been looking for a set of the Unicorns in 25g and just couldn't find a set that was in my price range.  I was able to get 2 sets of these with the points for less than someone asked from me for a set of good condition unicorns. Thanks so much for taking the plunge and trying this and sharing your stellar results!  Cheers and throw well mate!
Not a problem Scott, glad to see you got some good value for money over someone trying to rip you off for I’m guessing a second hand set of the unicorns? If you have not used these points be a little wary and do not just pull them from your board :-). Enjoy the darts whenever they get to you mate
(04-18-2020, 09:37 PM)jordanhopper180 Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 05:31 PM)Ivefoundgod Wrote: Good review and to add to your comparison i've included a few pictures of my Bulls Phantom Grip 21g and my Unicorn Phase 2s 25g. I bought these in 2014 i think and i'm almost certain they were 90%. Flights would support your bit about the fact Barney used to use them. I'm nearly certain those were the darts he used prior to signing for Unicorn and that the phase 1s were more or less a direct copy.

Apologies mate, I thought I had replied to this, the micro grip does wear but still feels grippy enough for the dart not slip and still fly smoothly, lovely comparison pics I love the barney phase 2’s I got the 2a’s but could never get along with them I still kept them in my little barney collection though, did you take the plunge and buy a set mate?

I'm the same with the Barneys, too heavy for me but have them in the collection. I think the micro/phantom grip can depened on the person, for me once the grip wears a bit they are too slippy for me but I know a friend who has an ancient set of phantom grips (i think triple Bs) and he still finds them grippy where to me they feel like a normal ring grip. Haven't took the plunge yet as there's a few other sets on their way to me but I definitely will at some stage.
(04-18-2020, 09:40 PM)jordanhopper180 Wrote:
(04-18-2020, 05:33 PM)scott180 Wrote: I am not going to lie.  I copied you totally with this...just dropped my order with Darts Corner for 2 sets and the last 2 sets of points they had in stock.  I've been looking for a set of the Unicorns in 25g and just couldn't find a set that was in my price range.  I was able to get 2 sets of these with the points for less than someone asked from me for a set of good condition unicorns. Thanks so much for taking the plunge and trying this and sharing your stellar results!  Cheers and throw well mate!
Not a problem Scott, glad to see you got some good value for money over someone trying to rip you off for I’m guessing a second hand set of the unicorns? If you have not used these points be a little wary and do not just pull them from your board :-). Enjoy the darts whenever they get to you mate

Oh for sure.  Not board friendly.  I actually ordered 2 sets, one set I am going to put unicorn finger grip points for home. I'll save the Target points for tournaments and league play.
Well I read your review OP and have purchased 23gram set. I have been playing 5 months and trying to find a balanced dart so read this and thought go for it . Only 28 quid so not too much if they don't work out .

The review was really well detailed great stuff .

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bulls Mensur Suljovic Black Edition 23g darts review Getagrip 22 10,459 02-12-2021, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Roet180
  Bulls NL Dirk van Duijvenbode Aubergenius Darts Review Getagrip 17 1,089 12-31-2020, 03:49 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Bit Of Bully Ryan Joyce Phase 2 Darts Review Getagrip 7 440 12-22-2020, 11:01 AM
  Bulls Typhoon 23g darts review Getagrip 19 3,246 11-30-2020, 03:50 AM
Last Post: nrb1
  Designa Mega Grip V2 24g (Rear Thumb Grip) review Don Q 4 343 11-13-2020, 10:29 AM
Last Post: Don Q
  Unicorn Code Red Darts Review Getagrip 4 376 09-07-2020, 01:24 PM
  Unicorn Barneveld Phase 5 Purist 25g darts review Getagrip 94 68,705 09-04-2020, 10:31 PM
Last Post: Richa
  Target Raymond van Barneveld RVB 80 23g darts review Getagrip 16 10,486 07-28-2020, 09:29 PM
Last Post: wzywg
  Unicorn Raymond van Barneveld World Champion Phase 1 25g darts review Getagrip 24 12,392 07-27-2020, 09:11 PM
Last Post: The Runner
  Unicorn Lumina DNA 21g darts review Getagrip 40 26,504 05-14-2020, 03:14 AM
Last Post: Bart