Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

[recommend req] straight barrel for rear grip
Hi everyone, Im looking for a recommendation for a rear grip straight barrel. I currently use a rear weighted dart, which I like, but they tend to sit very flat in the board. I've just ticked over an average of 63 and where it has previously not bothered me, am starting to think i'd like a better look at the treble 20.

I think I'm after a straight barrel and potentially repoint them to a 32-34mm point.

22-23g.
prefer longer barrel (50+)
about 6.5 dia
I prefer light-moderate grip (dont really like shark grip etc).
Not too fussed on price (but not really interested in custom, as I think something will exist off the shelf!).

I appreciate most would think this would be relatively straight forward, but many of the darts i've looked at like these or these have smooth sections where I would usually grip.

I think something like this would be perfect, if they made it in a 22-23.

Anyone come across something they might think suitable?
Getagrip did a review today on the Quantum resonance 22g. Specs are 50.8 x 6.35. Let me know all about them if you pull the trigger on them. I like a good rear grip as well.
You could try this:

Dartscorner dart selector

It may narrow the field for you
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Red Dragon Amberjack 18 22g

https://www.reddragondarts.com/amberjack-18-22-gram
(04-06-2020, 08:33 AM)The Darts Hunter Wrote: Red Dragon Amberjack 18 22g

https://www.reddragondarts.com/amberjack-18-22-gram
thanks, these look great
(04-06-2020, 08:29 AM)Hazza Wrote: You could try this:

Dartscorner dart selector

It may narrow the field for you
thanks, ive ordered too many sets this way! thought this time i'd try recommendations Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I'm a mid to rear gripper. Darts i've used comfortably are;

- Wades
- Anderson P3s
- Carreras C4
- Winmau Nicholsons (not the onyx grip, the standard black coatings)
- Barney Phase 2
- Bulls phantom grip
- Lewis G3

I can throw all of those without any grip issues so think you should be ok there. If you have some in mind maybe someone on here would have thrown them and can let you know. Grips reviews are a great resource too.
Red Dragon Neutrino are just what you are looking for Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Have a look at the pentathlon range specifically the tdp range they meet your specific dimension wise and are great darts for the money
I use these Performance Darts 50/50. They're great for me. (a rear gripper)

https://dartsperformancecentre.com/shop/...ance-darts

Also see these from Performance darts that might suit.

Level 5 

Relentless
THE JESTER
(04-06-2020, 12:30 PM)BritpopCam Wrote: Red Dragon Neutrino are just what you are looking for Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
these look fantastic, good price too. I think possibly just a little to thin for my oversized oaf hands!
(04-06-2020, 12:42 PM)dave2604 Wrote: Have a look at the pentathlon range  specifically the tdp range they meet your specific dimension wise and are great darts for the money
thanks for the tip. Dartscorner didnt have the lighter darts but, but I ended up getting a set of the pentathlons off A180, will be very interesting to see what they throw like!
(04-06-2020, 12:02 PM)Ivefoundgod Wrote: I'm a mid to rear gripper. Darts i've used comfortably are;

- Wades
- Anderson P3s
- Carreras C4
- Barney Phase 2
- Bulls phantom grip
- Lewis G3

I can throw all of those without any grip issues so think you should be ok there. If you have some in mind maybe someone on here would have thrown them and can let you know. Grips reviews are a great resource too.
out of interest, what are your go-to dart?
(04-08-2020, 09:42 AM)lando Wrote:
(04-06-2020, 12:02 PM)Ivefoundgod Wrote: I'm a mid to rear gripper. Darts i've used comfortably are;

- Wades
- Anderson P3s
- Carreras C4
- Barney Phase 2
- Bulls phantom grip
- Lewis G3

out of interest, what are your go-to dart?

At the moment I am using 23g Anderson Noirs for the extra weight. I would say the darts i am most comfortable with were the original Unicorn Nicholsons in 20g (which were based on Wades) or the Wades in 20g. I have thrown my best darts with those sets. However I stopped playing in 2014 and only got back to it in January of this year. I started with a set of 21g Anderson P3s, lovely dart but took me some time to get to grips with them and find the right stem length, eventually settled on short. I found i was struggling to get back my throw to what it was so bought a set of 25g Barney Phase 2s as i had those back in the day in a lighter weight and loved them. I worked on my throw with these for around 4-5 weeks before getting a set of 20g Wades which I have been using up until yesterday. 

I think I probably will go back to the Wades to be honest, there is something about the grip which I haven't found on any other dart that suits me. So to cut a long answer short, 20g Wades Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Maybe these Quantum Resonance

https://www.quantumdarts.co.uk/product/q...nce-22-0g/

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Darts for rear grip - rear grippers post your faves in here Getagrip 150 67,737 01-16-2021, 12:16 AM
Last Post: BDG
  Points not straight GONKO 16 722 08-04-2020, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Nick Sciarra
  Can someone recommend a similar dart?? impaler1991 10 503 01-23-2020, 01:33 PM
Last Post: impaler1991
  A device to help keep your arm straight? T4cTiCs 19 1,119 08-02-2019, 12:40 AM
Last Post: JB_Fraser
  Darts for stem end of barrel grip - stem grippers post your faves in here Getagrip 34 10,645 02-27-2019, 12:32 PM
Last Post: The Barrel
  Darts for rear grip - Help cpohd 15 2,264 01-31-2019, 01:49 AM
Last Post: Mackemchris
  John Lowe Darts Rear Grip Shavlad 9 1,329 01-10-2019, 04:57 AM
Last Post: The G
  Straight Buntings philliesricky 7 722 05-04-2018, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Adams
  Straight to the point am I just Unlucky? Fizban 10 1,487 10-16-2017, 04:17 AM
Last Post: Fizban
  switch to straight barrels. HELp dartsking5566 15 1,688 01-20-2017, 10:41 AM
Last Post: dartsking5566