Shot Darts

Simple practice routine - any new ideas?
Just looking to share my practice routine and get a few ideas for little things I can add to mix it up.

I’ve played for years but after a long break I’m effectively back to the beginning as a novice again. I’m practicing every day for an hour or two and that consists of three elements: 
1 is playing games of 591, best of 3 using the ScoreDarts app. The purpose of this is three-fold; working on scoring, getting used to setting up and finishing and getting used to the rhythm of a competitive game.
2 is round the board with three darts at each double and keeping a tally of how many I hit - so three darts at D1, then 3 at D2 all the way to bull. 63 darts total. This is to focus on hitting doubles (obviously!) but also it’s done because I find that at the level I’m at, if I try and go round the board on doubles where I have to hit each one before I move on, I get frustrated and bored and it makes me throw worse and takes me even longer as a result.
3 is similar to the above but round the board on singles with 3 darts at each and then bull, counting how many I miss. Again, it’s pretty quick, easy to track and keeps me focussed.

Does anyone have any simple, relatively quick games or routines along these lines that I can mix in to keep things interesting? All ideas welcome!
bob 27 , 170, 1001, 201, cricket , 100 darts bull 18s 19s 20s
YOU MUST CRAWL BEFORE YOU CAN WALK ! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I would add Circket count up - you have 3 darts at all the cricket numbers 15-20 and Bull, and you count how many single double and treble you hit, single is 1 point, double 2 treble is 3.
It is very quick you can do 2-3 in a couple of minutes.

Practicing doubles I do the 20-10-5 after each other then 16-8-4-2-1 and 12-6-3 so it is close to what can happen in a real game. Sometimes I mix 14 and 18 in as well.
Aim is to hit all at least 3 times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Playing since April 2019
Harrows Wolfram 97% tungsten, 21g - Harrows Supergrip Carbon short stems - standard Target flights
Highets checkout: 112
Best 501: 18 darts
180s: 4
I sometimes play (whatever takes my fancy) doubles trebles singles, doesnt really matter, throwing 11 sets of darts (ie) 33 darts, if i hit what i am aiming for i put a mark on the score board, after 11 throws multiply by x 3 for a percentage, this works ok (for me) on around the board type games, like you mentioned x 3 at one double etc then moving to the next, type of games, or, for concentrating on one particular sector (for example treble 20, or bull or similar type of games) its quite quick and as you can make your own targets and score a % it can be quite easy to refer back if you wanted to at a later date, as well, to see if you have improved or just out of curiosity, its also easier on the maths side than x01 type games (maths being a weak subject for me, which is something i would probably work on if I was more competative).

hitting doubles I think is a very important practice routine, especially for 301, which locally, here is the dominant pub game.
Usual set up :- 23 gram, darts clearance (no name scalloped darts) with a 50 mm barrel, 41 mm nylon shafts + standard flights.

Trying out, red dragon 24g hell fire b with kite flights + 41 mm nylon stems (flying well, debating on sticking with these).

Various random, other darts, on my rotation, from 18 to 26 grams.
Have a look at the Challenges section on here. You could mix in some shorter ones such as Area 51. Throw 51 darts at 17's and see how many you hit (how many aliens you save!). Takes half the time of 100 darts at X too. Some routines take longer than others. I'm trying to put together some practice sessions consisting of varying routines depending on time available.
I don’t have routines but I won’t leave the board unless I have three in the middle or exactly one hundred points scored. So when I return I smile and carry on from where I left off.

First dart at the centre, if I miss I then deduct the score from a hundred and leave a two dart outshot. If I hit then two more in before I can stop.

I can be there for a while............
The JDC challenge is a good one. Check out the Challenge thread.
'Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
All great suggestions - thanks folks! Someone call Barry Hearn and tell him I’m on my way!
Back playing properly since Jan 2020
v180 Wayne Jones 23g, XS nylon stems, Mission titanium rings, slim flights
Best out: 88
Fewest darts 501: 22
3DA since Jan 2020: 35.37
Always keen on games and tournaments in and around Edinburgh
I have a routine that I lean on a lot that combines doubles practice with alternating between 60’s and bulls. I call it Rotational Modified Doubles, and a very long winded description of it can be found here:

https://www.zeeple.com/2019/06/rotationa...s.html?m=0
(02-09-2020, 08:46 AM)Zero Wrote: I have a routine that I lean on a lot that combines doubles practice with alternating between 60’s and bulls. I call it Rotational Modified Doubles, and a very long winded description of it can be found here:

Best routine ever Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

B: 17g   S: Medium   F: No. 6   180s: 2/13
(02-09-2020, 01:13 PM)jt4527 Wrote:
(02-09-2020, 08:46 AM)Zero Wrote: I have a routine that I lean on a lot that combines doubles practice with alternating between 60’s and bulls. I call it Rotational Modified Doubles, and a very long winded description of it can be found here:

Best routine ever Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  I am immensely gratified that you enjoy that routine Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I have a routine that I lean on a lot that combines doubles practice with alternating between 60’s and bulls. I call it Rotational Modified Doubles, and a very long winded description of it can be found here:

This is a great routine..Thanks
If I only have a few minutes (e.g. 10 or under) ill usually go

20s
Bull
D16

If I get a minnimum of 100 I move on, then the BULL and then d16
Darts: 25g phase 1 Barney copy (Darts Clearance) 
Stems: DC short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: https://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

Twitter: lukestacey@mydartinglife

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Practice Routine 45 mins-1h / day alex_darts 2 478 09-09-2020, 04:00 AM
Last Post: Robert Burns
  Match practice routine (set up +finish) Ricardo van Hemert 4 423 08-06-2020, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Ricardo van Hemert
  Bulls and Doubles Practice routine - vid *Saber* 23 6,897 08-04-2020, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Chads2478
  Practice Routine Help Dave_79 1 439 02-12-2020, 02:20 PM
Last Post: Texas
  Doubles Routine Vid - Sabers - Fight Practice boredom *Saber* 20 7,360 02-12-2019, 12:29 PM
Last Post: jaycee07
  Steve Beaton Practice Routine Miles Gallagher 4 893 11-21-2018, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Banz
  Elevendarter's doubles practice routine elevendarter 2 1,357 06-24-2018, 06:17 PM
Last Post: elevendarter
  Favorite doubles practice routine? The Nomad 31 4,135 03-26-2018, 04:22 AM
Last Post: Sultan Pepper
  my practice routine Luke Gray 5 23,985 10-11-2017, 05:59 AM
Last Post: Quack94
Bug 170: A Simple Quick Complete routine. Ant007 2 701 07-23-2017, 02:32 AM
Last Post: Ant007