Unicorn

RVB - is he done?
Don't get me wrong RVB one of the greats - However with loads of young talent emerging hes done IMO. He will make a nice living but no more World Champion Ships or Majors IMO. Barnie's Army in full retreat now. Thats my take.
I have to agree. He's still a wonderful talent but he doeant have the 'hard battle' in him anymore. When it gets tough & the pressure is on he folds.

He'll still do well but the days of finals are i think over
Darts: 25g phase 1 Barney copy (Darts Clearance) 
Stems: DC short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: https://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

Twitter: lukestacey@mydartinglife

I think he is almost done. He will win another major or two but finals will be few and far between.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
probably so sadly, I want him to prove us wrong though, just does not seem likely at the moment.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
There were time this past year it looked like he had the fire and determination to forge on and fight for every game, but that now seems to be gone------again. As has been noted many times, he's a great front runner, but once the pressure gets to him in close matches, he seems to spit the bit and acknowledge defeat far too soon.

His play puts me in mind of something I once heard a football coach say about his team that kept losing close games. He remarked that "We seem to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory" and that about sums up Barney's performances for a while now. Too bad, since he definitely has one of the smoothest strokes ever in the game of darts and makes it look effortless.
Maybe if he actually stuck with a set of darts and flights for more than a day then I've no doubt he could win more.
Hes like a lot of the members here always changing his set up.
(12-28-2013, 06:17 PM)*Saber* Wrote: Hes like a lot of the members here always changing his set up.

I don't know any one that does that :hiding:
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

He needs to realise its his mental toughness thats the issue, not his setup!
Darts: 25g phase 1 Barney copy (Darts Clearance) 
Stems: DC short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: https://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

Twitter: lukestacey@mydartinglife

Constant changing may be a lack of confidence - notice I used the word constant !
bump
You'd be a fool to write off RVB, it's less than a year ago since he played in one of the greatest games of darts I've ever seen (World Championship semi-final vs MVG). If he'd been playing anyone else that night and at that standard he would have beaten them, Taylor and Anderson included.
lol, if making 3 World Championship semi's in a row is done then I wish I was Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
"OOOHHH, Chimpanzee that, Monkey News! You F---.........."
Official Raymond van Barneveld No1 Fan.
Lately I do not find him very entertaining to watch anymore. Apart from a few games and obviously the World Championship he just looks like he doesn't want to be on that stage anymore. I feel like he can do so much more if he gets in the right mindset. He's definitely not done yet but if this continues I'm afraid he might be soon.
(10-24-2017, 12:02 PM)joeriw96 Wrote: Lately I do not find him very entertaining to watch anymore. Apart from a few games and obviously the World Championship he just looks like he doesn't want to be on that stage anymore. I feel like he can do so much more if he gets in the right mindset. He's definitely not done yet but if this continues I'm afraid he might be soon.
Recently I tend to agree. I think changing darts from his phase 1s to his new Targets hasn't helped things.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
2016 - 180 x 36, 170 x 1, Triple Bulls (150) - 1
2017 - 180 x 139, Triple Bulls (150) - 1
2018 - not couting, just throwing
Best leg - 11 darts

Lewis Gen 2 / Anderson Phase 3 Golden