Harrows Darts.

Need help finding triangular barrelled darts...
Dear Anyone.

Sad little story.  I was always hopeless at darts cos I've got loose finger joints and trying to grip the barrels was like trying to grip wet soap.  

Then I found a set of darts with triangular barrels, like Toblerone, in a charity shop and got not bad, was winning small tournaments.  I could actually GRIP the things!  

Then I moved and they got lost in moving. And I've never seen another set anywhere since.  I've got a set with the usual round barrels, but I'm hopeless with them, I cannot grip them or time when to let go.  

Please, does anyone know anywhere I can affordably buy a set with Toblerone-shaped barrels (online'll do fine!) Haven't played for a bunch of years now because I gave up trying to grip ordinary darts but if I had a triangular set again...

Yours hopefully

Chris.
I have never even heard of such a dart, but it makes me happy to know they exist. Perhaps custommadedarts.com can source a triangular billet. That can do almost anything. Do you remember the dimensions, roughly?
I believe I have seen such an exotic barrel once somewhere in the web, but I have absolutely no idea where you can get these.

Maybe a hexagonal barrel will work for you too?
Search for "red dragon hex darts" in Amazon and have a look at them.
I asked Tony at Custom Made Darts before about getting a triangular barrel he said it was not possible from him but he may have got some different tooling since then.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
These are no triangles ,but would these work ?Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
180-1(33)
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I'm sure custom Made darts have very recently mentioned they are experimenting with triangular barrels, good timing!

I will see if I can find where I read it

Edit: Aha, found it. Tony replied to someone on Twitter to say they are about to make both a triangular and a square set for someone, so definitely worth contacting them to see if they make you a set that would work for you Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Edit edit: it is on here too under the Which grip to pick for a pencil thread. This is probably where I saw it as I very rarely use twitter. Tony replies:

'We can produce the Hexagon shape full length, along with Octogen and Decagon and we are current working on Square and Triangular barrels at the moment.'
Bulls NL 501 pyramid grip 24g
L Style flights & stems
Unicorn Volute points
(12-17-2019, 12:02 PM)Chappers Wrote: I'm sure custom Made darts have very recently mentioned they are experimenting with triangular barrels, good timing!

I remember Tony writing something about that
180-1(33)

(12-17-2019, 12:04 PM)Troll Wrote:
(12-17-2019, 12:02 PM)Chappers Wrote: I'm sure custom Made darts have very recently mentioned they are experimenting with triangular barrels, good timing!

I remember Tony writing something about that

Good, I've just been searching and couldn't find it, thought I had imagined it Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Bulls NL 501 pyramid grip 24g
L Style flights & stems
Unicorn Volute points

Edit: Aha, found it.  Tony replied to someone on Twitter to say they are about to make both a triangular and a square set for someone, so definitely worth contacting them to see if they make you a set that would work for you Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Also, I wonder if something like Voks Checkmate would work for you?

https://voksdarts.com/shop/darts/fixed-p...xed-point/

Good, I may have to re-visit my idea then Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I was wondering if something like Target Paul Lim G2 might work? Not as requested but still providing a nice hex grip in the rear.
47.9 x 7.2
(12-17-2019, 08:51 AM)Christopher Burke Wrote: Dear Anyone.

Sad little story.  I was always hopeless at darts cos I've got loose finger joints and trying to grip the barrels was like trying to grip wet soap.  

Then I found a set of darts with triangular barrels, like Toblerone, in a charity shop and got not bad, was winning small tournaments.  I could actually GRIP the things!  

Then I moved and they got lost in moving. And I've never seen another set anywhere since.  I've got a set with the usual round barrels, but I'm hopeless with them, I cannot grip them or time when to let go.  

Please, does anyone know anywhere I can affordably buy a set with Toblerone-shaped barrels (online'll do fine!) Haven't played for a bunch of years now because I gave up trying to grip ordinary darts but if I had a triangular set again...

Yours hopefully

Chris.

Phil Taylor gen 2 has this wedge in the back that is similar. Depending on how your grip a dart you can grab it by the wedge in the same spot every time.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please help me, finding my darts Kohlekratzer 17 1,200 12-28-2018, 07:41 PM
Last Post: GoGrey
  Help finding darts with the opposite of a scallop... Humdinger 17 1,537 09-03-2018, 10:42 PM
Last Post: Humdinger
  Need help on finding a dart B1ll64te5 1 348 05-09-2018, 06:57 AM
Last Post: Rabe1
  Help finding these darts. Happyslap 10 945 01-23-2018, 07:50 PM
Last Post: elevendarter
  Need help finding a new set of darts. House_darts 19 1,967 01-23-2018, 04:29 AM
Last Post: neal vanderwall
  Help finding darts for rear grip shoosh moosh 8 2,505 01-02-2018, 06:23 PM
Last Post: shoosh moosh
  Finding your perfect dart - Method in the maddness CB180 4 1,038 02-17-2016, 09:41 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Finding new Darts for me Eyebala 13 1,785 01-03-2016, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Getagrip