Darts Buddy

Gladiator 3+
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(12-04-2019, 03:46 PM)Chappers Wrote: I've had a reply from One80:

Hi David. Currently yes there is a difference. The old stock of Gladiator 3 boards still have the older wiring system and old silver numbering. The new BDO boards have got improved wiring and white powder coated numbering. We will have new plain gladiator boards coming into the market but at present we’ve produced only the BDO branded ones the new way. The new plain boards should come through beginning of next year but will be marked as Gladiator III +. That’s how you’ll know they are the new design. Hope this helps

I wonder if the spider is also more flush to the board. My only issue with my G3 is the spider has always sat about 4 mm out of the board.  Doesn't sound like much but when pulling darts out I always feel the wire and do occasionally get cuts and abrasions
(06-18-2020, 09:47 AM)Phil McKeown Wrote: I wonder if the spider is also more flush to the board. My only issue with my G3 is the spider has always sat about 4 mm out of the board.  Doesn't sound like much but when pulling darts out I always feel the wire and do occasionally get cuts and abrasions

LOL!   I've just replaced a Unicorn Eclipse HD board with a Gladiator 3 for the same reason. Actually, just one of a few reasons. My Gladiator 3 is just a pleasure to use.  I've also just bought a Gladiator 3+ as a birthday present for someone and the spider on the 3+ is more flush than my finger-grating Unicorn as well.   I also noticed that the One80 boards have a thinner bullseye ring so that's a bonus.   I might give the Unicorn boards another try one day but only if I inspect it before purchase.
(06-18-2020, 09:58 AM)Laconic Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 09:47 AM)Phil McKeown Wrote: I wonder if the spider is also more flush to the board. My only issue with my G3 is the spider has always sat about 4 mm out of the board.  Doesn't sound like much but when pulling darts out I always feel the wire and do occasionally get cuts and abrasions

LOL!   I've just replaced a Unicorn Eclipse HD board with a Gladiator 3 for the same reason. Actually, just one of a few reasons. My Gladiator 3 is just a pleasure to use.  I've also just bought a Gladiator 3+ as a birthday present for someone and the spider on the 3+ is more flush than my finger-grating Unicorn as well.   I also noticed that the One80 boards have a thinner bullseye ring so that's a bonus.   I might give the Unicorn boards another try one day but only if I inspect it before purchase.
Thanks for that. Great to know that on the G3+ as unicorn boards are typically more flush than my G3.  The bullseye is the best out of all brands in my opinion. The Shot Bandit would get that accolade except that it is painted on the wire. I won't be getting a Unicorn board until they change them again, in fact I now avoid most Unicorn products as they are pricey but generally worse quality that almost everything else
Typically I have been wanting a G3 + as my next board for a while but now I finally raked up the funds they are out of stock everywhere so the waiting continues
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Chris, I feel your pain. I am in the exact same spot. Live in USA so a-z /magic darts is the only real option. I have been checking daily for weeks.
One note on the 3+ is the “new improved” number ring is the pits.
The slightest touch of a dart removes the paint and leaves it looking a mess.  

If this keeps up, I may have to swap number rings or at least remove the paint from this one.  

Other than that, this is a very nice and solid board.  No spider problems at all

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(06-12-2021, 02:28 PM)Drum Wrote: One note on the 3+ is the “new improved” number ring is the pits.

If this keeps up, I may have to swap number rings or at least remove the paint from this one.  

Other than that, this is a very nice and solid board.  No spider problems at all
I prefer the Unicorn number ring so no problem, would you say it’s better than the G3?
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
(06-12-2021, 03:35 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote:
(06-12-2021, 02:28 PM)Drum Wrote: One note on the 3+ is the “new improved” number ring is the pits.

I prefer the Unicorn number ring so no problem, would you say it’s better than the G3?
Cannot say as I have never played on a G3.
I jumped ship from NODOR boards to try this one.
It's definitely better than any board I have used before.
(06-12-2021, 03:35 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote:

I’d say the G3+ is better than the G3. The G3 is known to have problems with the spider lifting. My G3 lasted about 5-6 months, started getting crazy bounce outs from the spider lifting out. Replaced it with a G3+, which has about 6-7 months of use. Here’s a few pics for comparison. You can see how the bull ring is almost completely lifted on the G3, while the G3+ hasn’t moved at all. Crazy since both boards have been used about the same amount. 

Darts: Monster Cobra 22g
Backup Darts: A whole bunch
Shafts: Supergrip Carbon medium
Flights: Harrows Marathon Shape

2020 180’s - 15
2021 180’s - 3
The Highest Checkout: 154
Best 501 Leg: 14 Darts

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gladiator 3 plus bull hardness Choccy_Starfish 9 155 07-01-2021, 03:56 AM
Last Post: Rupert9Darts
  Gladiator 3 Chappers 18 2,168 06-25-2019, 03:08 AM
Last Post: nixer55
  Gladiator 180 issue that just cropped up gumbo2176 10 1,715 05-27-2019, 02:16 AM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  My Gladiator II came in... Breadfan 22 1,654 05-23-2019, 10:47 PM
Last Post: ChrisTheFish
  Gladiator III First Impressions codo180 31 3,305 05-06-2019, 04:39 AM
Last Post: Phil McKeown
  I hate my new gladiator 111 is it counterfeit? 12b4 42 5,105 12-04-2018, 03:24 PM
Last Post: Chappers
  gladiator gen 3. / winmau blade 4. nightcrawler 9 966 09-28-2018, 03:42 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Gladiator 3 question TJ106 16 1,657 06-20-2018, 05:06 PM
Last Post: minime
  Gladiator 3? woodskins 6 1,242 02-26-2018, 01:19 PM
Last Post: zweeback
  Gladiator III to the US? MadMike4 52 8,467 12-26-2017, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl