Harrows Darts.

Laser Oche Tip
Those of you that have a laser oche know how difficult it is to get the laser line dead on at the correct distance and absolutely perpendicular to the line of throw.  It seems (at least to me ) that after the unit is mounted and I am adjusting the line itself that when I tighten the set screw the line always moves a bit.

The solution I found is to elongate the screw holes on the unit itself, use a rat tail file, a hot round rod to melt the plastic ,a knife or what ever to elongate the screw holes. That way you can adjust the entire unit instead of just the line itself. To me a whole lot easier, faster and less frustrating.
Would you say its a gimmick product or worth the money?
Pretty hard to beat a bit of painters tape on the carpet imop.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
It is not a gimmick, it works but is hard to adjust. It has its place if the floor/carpet is not suitable for whatever reason for a piece of tape or a raised oche.
Well, I have a laser oche, can't say I've noticed the problem the OP has had.
However, I simply can't trust it 100%!

For a while I had it set up, but I have a plain carpet so no pattern or lines to compare it's position to.
Over a month or so, unknown to me, the oche line had changed, and was around 3 inches closer to the board.
I assume this was because bounce outs had hit it on the way down and switching it on and off every day had moved it!
I now have a small piece of masking tape on the carpet to make sure nothing's moved, which sort of defeats the object.
But if you've got flooring with any type of marking I guess it's easy to monitor any movement!
I still like it, batteries last a long time and you get a full width laser line rather than a long piece of masking tape!
I have been happy with my Winmau Laser Oche. Occasionally I have to check the line with an oche measuring tape. The depression in the carpet from my front foot helps as well.
I have the Viper and very happy with the line it projects on the light colored carpet. Because of the carper I went with the laser. Holding the line is ok and I do check it periodically, but like One or Five said above, the carpet indent shows me it is still accurate.

I do not like the Eyeball gimble as you are correct, center and perpendicular was a little difficult. The trick is to tighten it just enough that you can still move it, but it stays, so that you don't have to tighten in position.

I think the Winmau version only pans one direction so center and perpendicular setting would not be an issue.
Started playing again in November 2017 after a 30 year hiatus.

Match darts - XQMax MVG Gen II  23g, XQMax MVG GenII 20g Soft by Custom Darts

Bottlesen GT's 24g, Bottlesen GT’s 24g 1980 model, Bottlesen 20g GT Soft, Harrows Pulse 24g, 

Blade 5 DC, Nexus 

180's: Yes

Just purchased the Viper dart line. any tips before installing?
It’s great to use on garage floor. Once I got it set, I put a little mark with a sharpie so I know immediately if it’s off.
Was having a problem with mine shaking and bouncing....its on a tripod. I just mounted it on the ceiling with sticky velcro....Problem solved!
SUPERDARTS KILLERS 22g

Instagram: toddg.darts
Twitter: toddg.darts
Dartconnect and WDA: ToddG

(06-11-2021, 01:52 PM)Toddg Wrote: Was having a problem with mine shaking and bouncing....its on a tripod. I just mounted it on the ceiling with sticky velcro....Problem solved!

I made my own with a line laser from DX, a switch, a dc transformer, and some Lego Bionicle pieces from the kids' toy chest as a ball and socket mount. About $5 all told. Mounted the laser separate from the switch and board, so no movement during play or from turning it on or off. I have a measuring chain and I check it every once in a while, but it stays in place well — I don’t have to adjust it very often.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DIY Laser Oche Line MrTinkertrain 7 3,738 06-22-2015, 10:32 PM
Last Post: MrTinkertrain