Target Darts.

Different colors of flights
Just watching Whitlock in NZ playing in the Darts Masters. Two of his darts have black flights and one has red. It seems as I remember some Japanese player with  diff. colors of flights as well.
Is there a reason for this or is it just a peculiarity of the player?
I'd like to know myself.
Mikuru has three different coloured flights... but throws them in any old order.
Fallon has the same flights... but one of her champagne rings is red/pink and that is ALWAYS her second dart in the board.

Maybe they are twitchy OCD players - Maybe their darts have something different about them... perhaps the final dart is 2 grams heavier so that it will get to board and resist deflections more common as the first two dart's flights are always in the way?

Maybe some Pavlovian trick they play upon themselves... "Always red then white then blue..." - So long as they get the order right, the get some little internal confirmation so that nugget of positivity may bleed over into a nice relaxed accurate throw?

They say darts is 90% Mental and the rest is in your head...

Could just be a scam to get people to buy more flights!
Ryk is currently using:-

Arrows - 16g Harrows Girls Lolita (Reflex Conversion C type):: Stems Edgeglow Purple Short :: Flights Rie Hoshino Marathon :: - Winmau Blade 6
::

Purely speculative, but it may be something to do with rhythm. The 3rd dart can sometimes be troublesome, so maybe something related to that. Perhaps the flight is coloured in their favourite colour, for good luck and all that.
(08-30-2019, 11:33 AM)PecosJoe Wrote: Just watching Whitlock in NZ playing in the Darts Masters. Two of his darts have black flights and one has red. It seems as I remember some Japanese player with  diff. colors of flights as well.
Is there a reason for this or is it just a peculiarity of the player?

I remember reading somewhere that Whitlock basically just uses whatever stems and flights he has in his case when he gets on stage as long as they are all the same length and shape lol.

I've seen a lot of soft tip players use different coloured flights, but not so much in steel tip. I'm sure I've seen Darius Labanauskas and Rowby-John Rodriguez use different colours, but can't recall anyone else off the top of mu head.

Having said this, my team captain uses different coloured flights and I believe the captain of Essex in the BDO BICC still uses different as well (I know he used to anyway lol).
A couple of years ago I used to use 2 the same and one a different colour all the same shape and size and I used to throw the different colour in the middle of my throw and that would also be the dart I’d throw in the bull up. Now I use all the same but got me thinking for some reason it worked for me lol
I never use different color flights. I find it to be a distraction, I always start noticing how the odd color dart is flying compared to the other two.
(08-30-2019, 10:31 PM)bkbum Wrote: I never use different color flights. I find it to be a distraction, I always start noticing how the odd color dart is flying compared to the other two.

Here! Here!

hmmm..... 

It could be.....

Hear! Hear!

SPACE FOR RENT

I sometimes play with Blue, Orange and Red, colors of the Armenian flag, but its mostly an aesthetic choice of what I think looks cool at the time.
Levonster, Out