Target Darts.

A thought process that has helped me
Something that has seems to help me when throwing darts is to think in terms of throwing a pea at the target. I did not think this up, I read it somewhere so to whoever came up with this concept thanks a bunch. I think it is a great help.
 So, throw a pea(in your mind) at the target and don't forget follow thru.
(08-28-2019, 12:58 PM)PecosJoe Wrote: Something that has seems to help me when throwing darts is to think in terms of throwing a pea at the target. I did not think this up, I read it somewhere so to whoever came up with this concept thanks a bunch. I think it is a great help.

Very much like "Throwing a paper airplane at the board" analogy.   You'd definitely need follow through to get it to the board.
gumbo2176
Every single time, without fail, that I do not follow my dart, it's a poor shot. I know this, and y'all must as well, when you jerk your wrist you blew the shot.
(08-28-2019, 12:58 PM)PecosJoe Wrote: Something that has seems to help me when throwing darts is to think in terms of throwing a pea at the target. I did not think this up, I read it somewhere so to whoever came up with this concept thanks a bunch. I think it is a great help.

Sorry if this thread is a bit old to respond to....just wanted to say thanks for this little tidbit.... really made a difference with my throw....thinking like this i seem to instinctively follow through and consistency has significantly improved.... 

Big thanks to whoever came up with this.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(11-13-2020, 11:02 PM)jgoldsney Wrote:

Sorry if this thread is a bit old to respond to....just wanted to say thanks for this little tidbit.... really made a difference with my throw....thinking like this i seem to instinctively follow through and consistency has significantly improved.... 

Big thanks to whoever came up with this.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Digging up old threads is something I’ve always thought to be a good thing!  Agreed that it’s a good image. I knew a guy that did hitting exhibitions in golf. Tossed the balls and hit them out of the air among many other things. Great baseball/softball hitter too. Used to toss and hit BBs with a broomstick!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ando made an excellent point in a video that I never put much thought in Regulatori 9 1,601 11-05-2018, 12:05 AM
Last Post: Chappers