Heavy Darts
I find that I would like to try some heavier weights of darts. I am currently throwing 25g. and am thinking of trying some in the 27-30g. range.
What heavier wts. have you tried and did/do you like the heavier weight?
i threw 26.6g darts for a while, i liked them, i think it takes less effort to throw them and therefore you can relax your throw a bit. Only issue you might find is the lack of choice of dart types up at a those weights.
Yes, that is what I am finding. I really like the pixel grip but may have to go to a ring type grip for a heavier dart.
I wonder what the heaviest dart is that anyone has tried??
I threw 28g bullets for a few years, but have settled on 26g now. The heavier weight had a negative impact on my throw that took a while to correct.
There are some good ones around at a very low/reasonable price. Only available at heavier weights. I've seen these in many places and I will post back if I come across them again. Definitely worth a search around.
Here is the link to what I found, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/90-HEAVY-WEIG...a0f9ba8441
I enjoy most weights but a beefy weighted dart always feels good - Except...
For me, a 25g goes too deeply into my board for my liking. At least when I throw them.
A 48g dart boggles my mind.
Ryk is currently using:-
 鈴木 未来  Jadeite 24g
::  L-Shaft Locked Slim 300 Emerald :: Metal Champagne Ring Aqua :: - L-Flight Dimple Solid Emerald  :: Winmau Blade 6 ::
I had some 28g but I sold them during my "Sell baby sell" days. I couldn't really say anything bad about them. The weight doesn't really make a whole lot of difference to me because at one time or either I've thrown between 12g and 28g. A few minutes adjustment and you can't really tell it apart from a 22g. And throwing it simply feels 'normal', the same as any other weight when you become accustomed to it.
Hi PecosJoe

I use my 28 gram Darts to warm up Then I switch to my 26 gram Darts for a Match/Practice. Works for me.

Regards
Bret
Dart Teams: Nighthawks 13 time FWDA City Champions and 14 time MDA City Champions.
Current Team: Tonnage 2 time FWDA City Champions

https://s1228.photobucket.com/user/bret1...t=3&page=1

Current Darts: 
Back Up:
(08-28-2019, 08:24 PM)bret23 Wrote: Hi PecosJoe

I use my 28 gram Darts to warm up Then I switch to my 26 gram Darts for a Match/Practice. Works for me.

Regards
Bret

What's your thinking on this Bret?  Do the heavier darts help smooth out your throw, or something else?

cheers...
I threw 27's back when I first started but started throwing soft tip after a long layoff so I had to switch to a lighter dart. I would probably still be throwing 25+ if it wasn't for soft tip.
(08-28-2019, 08:31 PM)nixer55 Wrote:
(08-28-2019, 08:24 PM)bret23 Wrote: Hi PecosJoe

Regards
Bret

What's your thinking on this Bret?  Do the heavier darts help smooth out your throw, or something else?

cheers...

Nixer

I'm 61 years old going on 62 and for me it just helps me get my arm lose It also Helps me get into a Throwing Rhythm and it makes my 26 gram Darts feel lighter and it gives me a little more Control of the 26 gram darts. It just works for me also it could just be Mental???

Regards
Bret
Dart Teams: Nighthawks 13 time FWDA City Champions and 14 time MDA City Champions.
Current Team: Tonnage 2 time FWDA City Champions

https://s1228.photobucket.com/user/bret1...t=3&page=1

Current Darts: 
Back Up:
I personally find with my 25gram darts I feel more in control with against something like my 22 gram asps I own. When you can feel the weight more it feels better. My 20 gram feel so much harder to control when you compare the two weights.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Darts suddenly feel too heavy MarkC 10 377 07-15-2020, 12:57 AM
Last Post: Cooper84
  Which dart weight to choose? Heavy or light? The D'Artist 70 136,651 01-25-2020, 08:14 AM
Last Post: BadMojo
  Heavy Weight [emoji2484] james_fenton 7 310 07-27-2019, 02:00 PM
Last Post: LKH9
  Why start Heavy 45/26master 8 882 11-08-2018, 05:57 PM
Last Post: Getagrip