Cuesoul

Latest from Darts Clearance
(09-26-2019, 10:26 PM)bk123456 Wrote: Do they only work with the points shown in the picture or would any 2ba conversion points work?
For me it looks like they have normal 2BA conversion points.
https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=29229
If you want to be sure, ask them via "contact seller".
(09-25-2019, 11:40 PM)CalixNL Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 03:06 PM)Jefferz Wrote: The standard darts that are listed as just tungsten are a tungsten/nickel-iron alloy, as Chappers quite rightly states. Pure tungsten is like glass or diamond - very very hard but liable to shatter.

Copper tungstens are a tungsten/copper(nickel-copper?) alloy. Over time they will pit from sweat etc, and this increases their grip. They also have the advantage that if you lend your darts to someone who doesn't wash their hands after visiting the loo, those darts will be considerably less gross than if they were standard tungstens due to the oligodynamic(ie it kills bacteria) effect of copper.

Thanks JEfferz!
That’s some extremely relevant information about advantages of having copper in darts. I was unaware  of those properties of copper!
It's why they have copper pipes etc. The same effect is noted on brass too. Any harmful microbes on brass or copper are typically killed within seconds/minutes even when there is only a small amount of copper or brass present in the dart.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antimicrob..._of_copper
Quote:Copper and its alloys (brasses, bronzes, cupronickel, copper-nickel-zinc, and others) are natural antimicrobial materials. Ancient civilizations exploited the antimicrobial properties of copper long before the concept of microbes became understood in the nineteenth century. In addition to several copper medicinal preparations, it was also observed centuries ago that water contained in copper vessels or transported in copper conveyance systems was of better quality (i.e., no or little visible slime or biofouling formation) than water contained or transported in other materials.

The antimicrobial properties of copper are still under active investigation. Molecular mechanisms responsible for the antibacterial action of copper have been a subject of intensive research. Scientists are also actively demonstrating the intrinsic efficacy of copper alloy "touch surfaces" to destroy a wide range of microorganisms that threaten public health.

----

Copper alloy surfaces have intrinsic properties to destroy a wide range of microorganisms. In the interest of protecting public health, especially in healthcare environments with their susceptible patient populations, an abundance of peer-reviewed antimicrobial efficacy studies have been conducted in the past 10 years regarding copper's efficacy to destroy E. coli O157:H7, methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), Staphylococcus, Clostridium difficile, influenza A virus, adenovirus, and fungi.[23] Stainless steel was also investigated because it is an important surface material in today's healthcare environments. The studies cited here, plus others directed by the United States Environmental Protection Agency, resulted in the 2008 registration of 274 different copper alloys as certified antimicrobial materials that have public health benefits.
(09-26-2019, 04:19 PM)Cateye Wrote: Some new and not so mainstream darts (and the first decent pictures Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. )

26g Spring Loaded Steel Tip Tungsten Darts
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/26g-Spring-Lo...SwAXddjL4K

Approx Barrel length - 59.0 mm
Approx Barrel width - 7.0 mm

PIC REMOVED

These darts are drop dead gorgeous.  I recently picked up a set on ebay that have the exact same spring loaded points.  The spring is attached to the point itself, right?  Any idea on the maker?  I asked bob at Voks about mine but he has not responded as yet.
(09-20-2019, 04:11 AM)Phil D Wrote: Got myself a set of these 23 gram darts, not my normal weight or dart shape, was very surprised, when they arrived, so, I have ordered a second set (probably limited supply given the nature of darts clearance) as, I am tempted to make them my regular dart, from initial testing (they will definately be on my rotation of darts, if not my primary set)

23 grams ;-

Barrel length 50.1 mm

Diameter 7 mm

Cost £ 11.99 (which is obviously a good price)

They come as a barrel only, this is how they look set up, with 36 mm shafts and standard flights (which is how I have been using them)

(09-26-2019, 05:03 AM)EviLZippY Wrote: am I not seeing them cos I’m missing them, or cos they’re already all gone? 

if they’re gone are they likely to come back at all does anyone know?

(09-26-2019, 04:43 PM)The Fox Wrote: I asked the same question not so long ago. I searched for quite a while but totally unsuccessful. Must have sold out I presume but I will keep a look out and post if I find them anywhere.

These have been listed again today

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tungsten-Dart...SwLSBdC4x1
(09-30-2019, 08:01 PM)mc1958 Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 04:11 AM)Phil D Wrote: Got myself a set of these 23 gram darts, not my normal weight or dart shape, was very surprised, when they arrived, so, I have ordered a second set (probably limited supply given the nature of darts clearance) as, I am tempted to make them my regular dart, from initial testing (they will definately be on my rotation of darts, if not my primary set)

23 grams ;-

Barrel length 50.1 mm

Diameter 7 mm

Cost £ 11.99 (which is obviously a good price)

They come as a barrel only, this is how they look set up, with 36 mm shafts and standard flights (which is how I have been using them)

(09-26-2019, 05:03 AM)EviLZippY Wrote: am I not seeing them cos I’m missing them, or cos they’re already all gone? 

if they’re gone are they likely to come back at all does anyone know?

(09-26-2019, 04:43 PM)The Fox Wrote: I asked the same question not so long ago. I searched for quite a while but totally unsuccessful. Must have sold out I presume but I will keep a look out and post if I find them anywhere.

These have been listed again today

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tungsten-Dart...SwLSBdC4x1

Thanks for this I shall inform 'EviLZippY' also about this. I have kept on looking but no joy. I haven't looked for a couple of days and so they return!
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=...3976764031

Dont suppose anyone has a "real life" photo of these whitlock-esk darts? TIA
(10-13-2019, 09:17 AM)Mackemchris Wrote: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=...3976764031

Dont suppose anyone has a "real life" photo of these whitlock-esk darts? TIA

vanJupp posted this one - https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=33515
Another new set added. They look nice and grippy.

Only available in 21g but at £9.99 who can argue!

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Saw those yesterday and meant to post them lol

Here's the actual link - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tungsten-Dart...SwHGZdsE~1
They look like my modified Wades
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified RD Hellfire with RD medium sparkle stems, Raw 100 shooting star flights, Target 30mm black storm points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
(10-24-2019, 12:59 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: They look like my modified Wades

Actually thought the same when I saw them.  Best have a chat with them Chris and get some royalties from them. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

May need to get some for myself methinks too.
(10-24-2019, 01:04 PM)Great White North Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 12:59 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: They look like my modified Wades

Actually thought the same when I saw them.  Best have a chat with them Chris and get some royalties from them. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

May need to get some for myself methinks too.

Under 50 mm length so not quite Wades
Current Board 
Darts
Modified RD Hellfire with RD medium sparkle stems, Raw 100 shooting star flights, Target 30mm black storm points and Target titanium stem rings   

(10-24-2019, 07:46 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: Under 50 mm length so not quite Wades

What's 3 mil or so amongst tungsten friends. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(10-24-2019, 07:59 PM)Great White North Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 07:46 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: Under 50 mm length so not quite Wades

What's 3 mil or so amongst tungsten friends. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Excellent deal, far cheaper than Wades plus modification. Even I’m tempted
Current Board 
Darts

On their way LOL
Current Board 
Darts

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pentathlon NVO from Darts Clearance, Anyone? Ted Woodside 17 1,976 09-08-2022, 06:53 PM
Last Post: MasterOMayhem
  The latest releases from LOXLEY! Check them out! Drum 4 352 03-31-2022, 06:12 AM
Last Post: mc1958
  Darts Clearance barrels now in 24g mc1958 18 2,151 08-31-2019, 10:42 PM
Last Post: dudle97
  New Darts Clearance knurled darts Chappers 15 1,190 08-14-2019, 04:49 AM
Last Post: Phil D
  New from Darts Clearance mc1958 21 2,223 07-10-2019, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Mackemchris
  Darts Clearance storm points Chappers 8 661 02-22-2019, 09:55 PM
Last Post: LPPK
  21g Darts clearance £9.99 Mackemchris 2 496 02-02-2019, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Mackemchris
  Darts Clearance in green mc1958 25 1,699 11-21-2018, 12:16 AM