Harrows Darts.

Silver Star Series
Being a relatively new player, 3 years, i am still trying to develop my stoke.  I've used 25g Barneveld Unicorn Phases because.............well, I admire Barneveld's form and try to emulate it.  After all, it works for him, lol.
Things weren't really consistant.  Sometimes the darts would land tail down.  Not just once in a while but more like whenever i tried to follow through with my throw.  Only realizing after video taping and slowing it down, i was releasing the darts severely pointed down.  Therefore hitting the board after an over correction.   I tried a couple of new darts.  A set of Rob Cross 80%( 24g)  and a set of Gary Anderson Silver stars 23g.)   Both being 80%.

The Cross darts seemed to hit the board consistantly and i was pleased.  Maybe because of the shorter points i had less of a tendency of pushing the tip down?
Then I threw the Andersons.   The Andersons flew a bit better than the Cross'.  
I know this is probably silly to even bring up but had to see if anyone else had similar results with less expensive darts.
Unicorn advertises the Silver stars as an "affordable" dart.  Yes they are less expensive but seem to fly better for me.
Does a 90% dart fly better than a 80%?   I didn't tape myself using the new darts.
Should i try and find a 90% with the same measurements, 6.7mm x around 50mm?   Does the extra density, make a difference when the darts hit the board and are they less likely to glance off the others?  Or is a 23g dart a 23g dart regardless of its composition.
Im not looking to get any narrower on the barrel.

Thanks for entertaining my ramblings.   : )
A higher % tungsten just allows a thinner dart so more room in the bed. The only thing that matters is how they fly for you. One of my favourite darts is the RD Hellfire, cheap as chips and only 80% tungsten.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 
Current Board 
ONE80 Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Personal take on this.  Sounds more the throw, not the darts.  As mentioned elsewhere, it's possible to find a dart / setup that gives better results for most anything you're doing.  Even if it's not particularly desirable, like a point down release.  Which causes the dart to rock as it stabilises - as you've captured on video.

Tungsten percentage has no inherit advantage in flight characteristic, but will effect barrel profile, drill depth, and balance.  I definitively wouldn't go looking for higher tungsten % and match the dimensions.  It won't be the same dart.

Good chance your throw will evolve anyway.   Which is why is always nice to have some variety in your arsenal as your game develops.  Good luck, and don't overthink it.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thank you for your replies. I'll purchase another set of the Andersons to have as a back up and go with them.
I don’t mean to push you down a slippery slope BUT, perhaps try (inexpensive) sets with different barrel shapes and lengths in 21g, 22g, 23g...
Switching from straight barrels to torpedo/bomb shape and reducing lengths from ~50mm to <45mm created a more compact consistent grip with improved and more importantly, repeatable results. My grip tends to wander on the straight barrel and not on contoured design’s. 

I wish you all the joy in finding your preferred setup(s).

Going to stick with the Andersons for now. I cant justify growing an already overgrown collection of darts for only 3 years of shooting, lol.
Good idea stick with whats working for you
(08-18-2019, 07:35 PM)dave115 Wrote: Going to stick with the Andersons for now.   I cant justify growing an already overgrown collection of darts for only 3 years of shooting, lol.

Well my 8 month long darts obsession has provided me with lots of darts but the low to medium cost darts are working out to be my favourites. I have a set of the Anderson/Unicorn Silver stars and do very well with them.  I'm starting to sell my expensive darts to simplify things.

My best results come from:
Unicorn Silver star 23g Andersons
Designa Dark Thunder v2 24g
Red Dragon Razor edge originals (very very low cost on Amazon $27AU so about 14pounds)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Attention darts/Star Wars fans!! Mac-attack99 21 1,166 03-12-2019, 05:15 AM
Last Post: djrocs88
  1937 Silver Darts notjimpike 10 897 04-26-2018, 09:17 AM
Last Post: notjimpike
  Jocky Wilson Said review - features interview with co-writer and star Dartsweb 5 913 08-11-2017, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Getagrip