Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Do we need a double bullseye board?
At the local bar the kids throw at there is no double bull, whether you are in the black or red it is 50 points.

The practice board for at home that we picked up is the Cricket Pro450 by Arachnid.
It has a 25 ring and a double bull. It does not have the option to change the 25 ring to 50 for scoring.

Should I get a different board that has the 50 for both like the bar? Does it make that much of a difference when practicing?
Think this is really a soft tip question, because it relates to the game played.  So moved to this section to get more answers.  Was a bit reluctant, since you had it placed so correctly in the dartboard discussion section.  And that's not always easy to do when you first join. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

So cheers for that, and I'm sure you'll get the feedback you're looking for...
You should get a steel tip board  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(08-12-2019, 12:33 AM)Elusive Dream Wrote: At the local bar the kids throw at there is no double bull, whether you are in the black or red it is 50 points.

The practice board for at home that we picked up is the Cricket Pro450 by Arachnid.
It has a 25 ring and a double bull. It does not have the option to change the 25 ring to 50 for scoring.

Should I get a different board that has the 50 for both like the bar? Does it make that much of a difference when practicing?

As an American and having played thousands of games of Cricket over the years, let me clear up a misconception.    There is no Bull, Double Bull.   It is actually a 25 and the Bull.    

Americans who play the game of Cricket misname this section of the board.   But, in the game of Cricket the green section is considered a Bull, while the red center is considered the Double Bull.    Confusing the rest of the world with our terminology.
gumbo2176
Doesn't matter what they call it I still can't hit it on a regular basis.

I wouldn't think it made all that much difference when practicing at home, other than how you score it.
You'd think the 25/bull would give you more flexibility, but the change might be rough from practice to competition.  But I'm a steel tip n01 guy, so interested in what the soft tip gurus think.
(08-12-2019, 02:34 AM)SlingBlade Wrote: Doesn't matter what they call it I still can't hit it on a regular basis.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. That's me!
Fav Dart    : Harrows Nemesis 20g & Harrows RAZR Bulbous 20g
Shaft         : Harrows
Flight         : Harrows 
Points        : Cosmo Fit Point + , CHEAP Harrows Conversion Points
Board        : Harrows Pro Matchplay
Electronic  : VSPhoenix!!
OCD Darter!! Harrows Fanboy  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
This is a pretty bad omission for a 15.5" board. I would expect it to be a standard feature. It seems you can change the starting / finishing options but not the bull setting.

I play either way and it is certainly different playing solitude bull / double out compared to big bull / master out. The set ups and out shots are totally different.

If you're going to be playing 01 competitively with big bull then I'd suggest that's what you should be practicing at home.
I have only played one tournament where the bull was split (my preference),all other tournaments and leagues the whole bull was worth 50. I always aim for the very center anyway...that way I make sure I hit the board...lol......luck!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Double bull double out recovery Damien cribbs 0 103 05-23-2021, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Damien cribbs