Shot Darts

Heavy Weight [emoji2484]
So I've noticed that the majority of people on here throw between 29g & 24g darts. Personally I use 27g up to 32g and my old man throws 40g. Surely we can't be the only 2 that prefer a heavier dart.??

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
Heavy darts makes my arm tired and achy very quickly Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

B: 19g   S: Tweenie   F: Shape   180s: 2/25
That's what light darts do to me.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
I would have said most people throw between 20g and 25g

I've got a set of 28g darts and they fly ok but they make my arm ache after a short while as well, so I rarely pick them up now and tend to stick with my 23g or thereabouts sets
I used 18g for many years, just bought a new set of Wolfram Infinity 21g, time will tell which weight suits me better.
Some interesting stats in this poll from over 3 years ago:

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=18846

Over 230 replies, so a fair sampling at the time.  But it's probably fair to say the forum had fewer soft tip players back then.  Soft tip demands a lighter dart because of board/league restrictions.  Those who throw both will tend to bring the weight of their steel setup down.  To avoid massive changes switching between styles.

At the end of the day, what works for you is all that really counts.  Everything else is just stats and interesting information.  Cool to know, but shouldn't influence your preferences.  It isn't the dart, it's the thrower.

cheers...
I used 27's when I first started and did very well with them. Now that I'm back throwing and also throwing soft tip I dropped down to 20's so I don't have to switch darts. Like Nixer said...soft tip demands lighter darts. Thinking about jumping up a few grams for steel and did post a question on the Facebook site about throwing 2 different weights and got a positive review.....almost all said it's not a problem switching. A friend used to throw 40's....lol...damn things were like torpedos....you could tell he was throwing darts from anywhere in the house....lol
(07-27-2019, 01:41 PM)Baloos Wrote: I used 27's when I first started and did very well with them. Now that I'm back throwing and also throwing soft tip I dropped down to 20's so I don't have to switch darts. Like Nixer said...soft tip demands lighter darts. Thinking about jumping up a few grams for steel and did post a question on the Facebook site about throwing 2 different weights and got a positive review.....almost all said it's not a problem switching. A friend used to throw 40's....lol...damn things were like torpedos....you could tell he was throwing darts from anywhere in the house....lol

LOLz, Torpedos! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  Even 23g is noisy enough at my house.

Yes, softip + steeltip players will tend to stick to 18-22g to avoid sudden massive changes. My first set of darts is 26g! Moved back from 26g > 24g > 18g > in the end 20-22g. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Not too heavy, not too light.
Fav Dart    : Harrows Nemesis 20g & Harrows RAZR Bulbous 20g
Shaft         : Harrows
Flight         : Harrows 
Points        : Cosmo Fit Point + , CHEAP Harrows Conversion Points
Board        : Harrows Pro Matchplay
Electronic  : VSPhoenix!!
OCD Darter!! Harrows Fanboy  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Darts suddenly feel too heavy MarkC 10 409 07-15-2020, 12:57 AM
Last Post: Cooper84
  Which dart weight to choose? Heavy or light? The D'Artist 70 138,007 01-25-2020, 08:14 AM
Last Post: BadMojo
  Heavy Darts PecosJoe 11 677 08-28-2019, 10:55 PM
Last Post: The Fox
  Who has changed weight drastically. Dart weight that is. cubdog 16 1,333 01-02-2019, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Red'75™
  Why start Heavy 45/26master 8 903 11-08-2018, 05:57 PM
Last Post: Getagrip