Harrows Darts.

How do you pull your darts out of the board?
I cant remember who told me but I was always told to turn as I pulled them out, not sure if it really makes a difference but was thinking if turning and pulling was such a good idea? If your twisting the point as you pull it and the point has a burr on it wont it have a chance of cutting the fibres as its twisted, or gathering them into a clump?

Maybe pulling the dart straight out is best?

What do you do?
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I keep the points of my darts scuffed up a bit for a better grip in the board. I find it easier to retrieve the darts if I slightly twist them as I pull them out the board. If I feel a burr on the point of my dart, I generally take care of it in short order, so burrs are not a real concern for me.
(12-14-2013, 05:38 PM)gumbo2176 Wrote: I keep the points of my darts scuffed up a bit for a better grip in the board. I find it easier to retrieve the darts if I slightly twist them as I pull them out the board. If I feel a burr on the point of my dart, I generally take care of it in short order, so burrs are not a real concern for me.

same here
I just pull them straight out - however I developed a real bad habit, when I retrieve all 3 in me hand I tend to tap them on the board to line them up!
Its just a bad habit and I dont even realise I am doing it, its a split second thing but its something that must have developed to try and keep me focused I guess but I am always being told in the pub, 'Greg, stop banging the f&%$ing darts on the match board!!!' :o

Trouble is, I get it in me head to stop and me rhythm goes out the window Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
with me hand!
So I guess it makes no difference?

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I would think if they go in straight its not going to do any more damage pulling them out straight - my thought anyway based on the fact I would rather have me 2 remaining teeth pulled straight out rather than twisted out Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Pull them straight out. Same way they go in.
Usually as fast as I can so I can get a sip of my beer before my next visit.
My silver points just pull straight out, but the black points for some reason are hard to pull out. A quarter twist and they come out a lot easier.
(12-15-2013, 06:20 AM)The Coach Wrote: My silver points just pull straight out, but the black points for some reason are hard to pull out. A quarter twist and they come out a lot easier.

Thats right Sal the black grip very tight, silver are slick and if I dont scuff silver points they will fall out especially if I get a little moisture/oil on them off me fingers.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Don't you get those little moist wipes with your fish and chips??

I don't think I've ever had a steel tip dart fall out of the board and I don't think I throw that hard.
Do you throw unmodified unicorns into a firm board? They fall out left and right!
if its the shiny silver unicorn points they do fall out, but its even worse on a hard board like the bulls 2.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I twist the dart out. I never really thought about it but I have always twisted them out. I think if you get the point into the back board you may move the board and have to adjust it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flights hitting face on pull back Ventuss 23 3,667 11-12-2020, 11:03 PM
Last Post: Gooddark
  elbow drop on draw/pull back Fergus 4 388 07-26-2020, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Fergus
  Any advice: How to practice the pull of the arm eskoo 0 306 01-25-2020, 01:34 PM
Last Post: eskoo
  push or pull ?!??? bdebbane 9 692 12-10-2018, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Red'75™
  Rotating/spinning the dart during pull back skinnygav 16 2,436 12-02-2015, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Zimchaz