Harrows Darts.

Custom made darts
Hiya
I am looking at purchasing some custom made darts, but need to send the specs/drawings for them to be made.

Does anyone know any user friendly apps or something I could use to design my perfect darts?
I just did mine on microsoft excel...
Dartboard: Blade 5 dual core
Darts: 23g custom scallops
Started playing: 15/09/2018
180's: 20 (5 in 1st Year)
3 bulls: Once
Ton+ Checkouts: 106, 100 (twice)
Best leg: 16 darts (twice in practice), 21 darts (in a match)

[img=679x3024]fileGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.//DGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Users/Fordm/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.jpg[/img]
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Just do it Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(05-29-2019, 02:15 PM)JannerinCardiff Wrote: I just did mine on microsoft excel...

How??
(05-29-2019, 02:25 PM)theblindPew Wrote: Pic removed

Just do it Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
This is how I did mine....if the machinist is any good he can work with just about anything....as long as you know the dimensions you want. Depends on the level of detail you want though.
I used MSPaint - cut up sections of existing darts and joined them all in one frankenstein mash up lol. Added the dimensions I wanted and Tony did a first class job of making them for me.
Yup, over the years I had several sets made by Jeff Pickup (RIP) and I always sent him hand drawings. Well, technically, I would do the hand drawing, and then take a pic of the drawing with my phone and email him that, but still a hand drawing.
Think for most folks submitting customs designs, the KISS principle comes into play.  CAD software and user friendly are not terms often used in the same breath.  This thread might help:

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=33664

For what it's worth, I've seen members design darts using Microsoft Visio, Blender 3D, LibreCAD - to name a few.  But that's probably way over the top for submitting a custom design.
Pen and paper work fine, you dont need a perfect drawing, you can work easily with any custom maker back & forth, best thing is to know your demensions
If someone wants to try a 3D software, i recommend Tinkercad for your first steps.
It is a free online (runs in your browser) 3D modeling software and was made "specifically for kids and people with no experience in 3D".

I tried it for 10 minutes, seems to do the job quit easy, but you still have to invest a few hours to design your first dart.

www.tinkercad.com
(05-29-2019, 01:29 PM)Craddyson Wrote: Hiya
I am looking at purchasing some custom made darts, but need to send the specs/drawings for them to be made.

Does anyone know any user friendly apps or something I could use to design my perfect darts?

A simple sketch is usually all we would need, doesn't need to be anything fancy.
Custom Made Darts
E-Mail: info@custommadedarts.com

Facebook - Custom Made Darts
Twitter - Custom Made Darts
Instagram - custommadedarts

(05-29-2019, 06:51 PM)Cateye Wrote: If someone wants to try a 3D software, i recommend Tinkercad for your first steps.
It is a free online (runs in your browser) 3D modeling software and was made "specifically for kids and people with no experience in 3D".

I tried it for 10 minutes, seems to do the job quit easy, but you still have to invest a few hours to design your first dart.

www.tinkercad.com

Fusion360 is also from Autodesk and is also free for students and hobiests, but is much more complex.   Tinkercad is helping me to learn, thank you!
Levonster, Out
CAD is not super user friendly overall. I've spent a bunch of hours doing it, and most of the free options I have seen have a pretty high bar for entry to using it for modeling something in 3D which are as detailed as barrels. You're likely to get much faster results drawing them by hand unless you also have experience using CAD apps.
Darts:
- 2019 Target Carrera C12 22 grame barrels, with Target Onyx 30mm points, Target Pro Grip Spinner Short stems, V180 punched standard flights, and Target Titanium Pro Grip Rings
- 2019 Unicorn T90 26 gram barrels, with Target Onyx 30mm points, Target Pro Grip Spinner Short stems, Pentathlon punched standard flights, and Target Titanium Pro Grip Rings
- 1996 Hammerhead Smooth 20 gram barrels, with Roto Hammer points, with Target Onyx 30mm points, Cosmo Fit Shaft GEAR SLIM Spinning #3 stems (24mm Fit Shaft GEAR), and Fit Flight Standard flights
- 1991 Unicorn T90 20 gram barrels,  with Target Onyx 30mm points, Target Pro Grip Spinner Short stems, Pentathlon punched standard flights, and Target Titanium Pro Grip Ringsz
To start off with, I would speak with whoever you are getting them made by (I recommend Anthony at custom made darts).

His knowledge is amazing and he can tell you exactly what he needs to be able to make your perfect set of darts
Darts: 22g Darts Clearance 
Shafts: Nitrotech short
Flights: Standard No.2

(05-30-2019, 09:33 PM)rich345 Wrote: To start off with, I would speak with whoever you are getting them made by (I recommend Anthony at custom made darts).

His knowledge is amazing and he can tell you exactly what he needs to be able to make your perfect set of darts

Does he have a website and costs?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Custom Darts Drawings Help Craddyson 3 106 07-16-2021, 02:29 PM
Last Post: kamikersie
  Looking For Custom Darts ej007 6 1,107 06-28-2016, 12:44 PM
Last Post: Eyebala