Harrows Darts.

Jocky Wilson Said - BBC Scotland 15/5
Just finished watching this on Iplayer, Jocky's playing days where before my time and to be honest i didn't really know much of his story before watching this I found it an interesting yet sad watch especially as stated above that just seemed to go home to live out his days and shut everybody away.
I remembered to record it on my Virgin Media box, now I just need to remember to watch it!
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

B: 23g   S: Tweenie   F: Shape   180s: 2/25
Thought this was a good watch , would be nice to see more of this on other retired pros that featured in the show
it was great to see Jocky in his pomp again but so sad to see his decline. He was ill prepared for fame or fortune and struggled so badly with it all which ended with him becoming a recluse and living on the dole. Retired at 46 and dead by 62, that is no life for a man of his talent. You get the feeling that Jocky was a really genuine bloke who was lovely until the vodkas took effect.
The other thing that I noticed was the changes to his darts, I wish someone could come up with a pictorial history of players darts. Jocky started with a front weighted dart before moving to a straight dart from what I saw.
In summary it was great but desperately sad

Noj
Darts are custom made 19g, made for me by David at Double Dee Darts. Great bloke, highly recommended.

Family is the most important thing in my life Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

54 years old with a body prematurely turning into a corpse
I player link

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0...ilson-said

Noj
Darts are custom made 19g, made for me by David at Double Dee Darts. Great bloke, highly recommended.

Family is the most important thing in my life Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

54 years old with a body prematurely turning into a corpse
Right after the watching...well, what a documentary. Jocky's for sure a legend of the darts sport and he deserved this so much. But every time I see how he ended, that just almost makes me cry. He deserved all those titles but did not deserve a life he had in the end.
2019 171s: 2
2019 180s: 7
2019 highest checkout: 151
2019 best leg: 18 darts

It's Ally Pally about the Darts, guys!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 
I located a youtube link of the documentary for those interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E03u8Nfn6tI
(05-18-2019, 01:55 AM)mathawk3 Wrote: I located a youtube link of the documentary for those interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E03u8Nfn6tI

Thanks for the link, I watched it last night.
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me .... I find bliss in my confusion.
Great show fully enjoyed
Appreciate the link, that was an excellent documentary.
This was a fantastic watch of possibly the greatest character darts has ever had, I've watched this about twenty times now and love it although it was very sad the way it ended for the wee man. I hope they make a similar documentary for Eric Bristow as well.

Did anyone else notice that Jocky used front loaded darts prior to his multi ringed B&W darts?
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jocky Wilson stories Am@deus 3 445 03-05-2019, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Bloodycut
  Jocky Wilson Said review - features interview with co-writer and star Dartsweb 5 917 08-11-2017, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Jocky Wilson subject of a new play mc1958 8 850 08-07-2017, 04:17 PM
Last Post: davidsproull
  James Wilson new sponsor? Bones 23 2,776 02-08-2017, 07:16 PM
Last Post: Shed inn