Double Top Darts.

Finally Finished my Soft Tip Point Review.
Maybe we got a bad batch of lip points but we can't keep them in the board. 2 kids throwing jr darts, I get them having some bounce outs, but also 2 adults that dont miss the board. I bet less then 30% stick in the board whether at home or the pub.

Switched to bulls superkey points and have not looked back. Get the occasional bounce out but not like the others.

When I run out maybe we will have to give them another go.
Great Review!
I recommend Tiga Hyper Point Tips. I use 20.5g Barrels and throw very hard (from what ive been told), and these tips are just amazing. Only comes in 2 colors, but you can choose 3 different sizes. Last Very long, and trust me, you will thank me later. Problem is that they are only sold out of Japan.
Been using Lippoint Premiums. On the Bullshooter boards, I love them. Hardly ever break one in league. Not on my Nexus board they are breaking like pretzels. If the pixels break where I can pull with pliers, I would be much happier. Now I need a push tool
Started playing again in November 2017 after a 30 year hiatus.

Match darts - XQMax MVG Gen II  23g, XQMax MVG GenII 20g Soft by Custom Darts

Bottlesen GT's 24g, Bottlesen GT’s 24g 1980 model, Bottlesen 20g GT Soft, Harrows Pulse 24g, 

Blade 5 DC, Nexus 

180's: Yes

Like fitpoint but found the Tiga points also good going, although they do only come in a pack of 25-30
Condor premium points however are awful.
I am actually a big fan of Condor premium points, they do get bent a bit easier but I find them fairly easy to straighten out, and I think only one has ever actually broken on me. Yesterday, I got a bag of premium Lippoints and a bag of the Lippoint USA style tips as I'm interested in comparing them over the next few weeks. I will have to work a set of the fit point plus tips into the rotation though, I've heard great things about them all over the place. I like the feel of longer points but I also recognize the likelihood of them being more easily bent so I am working on finding the happy medium.
Good review as a newbie this gives some tips to try out .i have the Target tips , but I will get a set of the Fit Point and Lip Point test with my throwing style , which is changing as I play more soft tip
Great post! Thanks! I agree with you. I love the Lip Point premiums.
I have 2 boards... a Granboard 3 and a Vdarts H3L.

Lippoint Premiums work great on both boards.

Fit Point Plus work great on the Granboard, but can not use them at all on the Vdarts... They snap constantly, like in 3 shots!

No.5 Lippoint Premiums work great too... Never broken one in the Granboard, but have broken 1 in the Vdarts.

Have been experimenting with the TefoX tips... work ok, never broken one, but they get "floppy".... Never a good thing when your tip doesn't stay stiff
I have only been playing more darts 1 year ago but I think I can also share my experience~

I have 3 sets of darts that I play in a public board (Dartslive 2/3), and I have tried 3 different types of tips.

Lip point premium works perfectly in my experience with my 16 grams barrel, and I have yet to break a single one. This is because I don't like using it on my other two darts. My other two darts which is a 18.5 grams barrel and a 19 grams barrel both uses the Cosmo titanium no.4 stems and lip point premium points cannot hold it up straight in the course of one game of 701.

Fit point plus on the other hand holds up the dart really nicely, and it is the hardest tip I have ever tried. But, because my throw is pretty hard (averages around 20~22 kph checked on dartslive 3), I break these tips very often. In my situation, I break on average 2 tips every two hours session (each tip last about 3~4 hours with some last a lot longer and some breaks on the first throw).

Finally, I have also tried some mission points. These points are even softer and less durable than lip point premium, but they last longer than FPP (If you disregard the serious bend), and they are the cheapest.

All in all, I prefer FPP the most because they won't tail down on me. But if you are not using harsh settings like me, it is better to use Lip.

Note: Because my grandfather works with plastic and rubber, I realized that many people didn't take account to the colour. Colour with also play a part to the stiffness and the durability because it requires a different chemical formula. I couldn't say which colour is the most durable or stiff, but normally black and white is a bit softer and more durable.

This is just my personal experience, I did not conduct a test on these tips, I only write this to help new players~ cheers Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(01-09-2021, 05:48 PM)Keith Tong Wrote: I have only been playing more darts 1 year ago but I think I can also share my experience~

I have 3 sets of darts that I play in a public board (Dartslive 2/3), and I have tried 3 different types of tips.

Lip point premium works perfectly in my experience with my 16 grams barrel, and I have yet to break a single one. This is because I don't like using it on my other two darts. My other two darts which is a 18.5 grams barrel and a 19 grams barrel both uses the Cosmo titanium no.4 stems and lip point premium points cannot hold it up straight in the course of one game of 701.

Fit point plus on the other hand holds up the dart really nicely, and it is the hardest tip I have ever tried. But, because my throw is pretty hard (averages around 20~22 kph checked on dartslive 3), I break these tips very often. In my situation, I break on average 2 tips every two hours session (each tip last about 3~4 hours with some last a lot longer and some breaks on the first throw).

Finally, I have also tried some mission points. These points are even softer and less durable than lip point premium, but they last longer than FPP (If you disregard the serious bend), and they are the cheapest.

All in all, I prefer FPP the most because they won't tail down on me. But if you are not using harsh settings like me, it is better to use Lip.

Note: Because my grandfather works with plastic and rubber, I realized that many people didn't take account to the colour. Colour with also play a part to the stiffness and the durability because it requires a different chemical formula. I couldn't say which colour is the most durable or stiff, but normally black and white is a bit softer and more durable.

This is just my personal experience, I did not conduct a test on these tips, I only write this to help new players~ cheers Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

After writing this post, I've ordered the condor zero stress tip and tiga hyper point for testing. Although I didn't do any in-depth testing, the condor tip is giving me a terrible user experience. Despite being the most durable tip I've ever used, it has the widest diameter in middle of the tip. I am not sure if it is due to the diameter or the shape of the very front of the tip, this tip will give you a tremendous amount of bounce out. With my game play experience in Dartslive 2 and 3 board today, I have on average 1.5 bounce out each round and I only have 1 bounce out each game with fit point plus. 

In terms of the tiga hyper point, the diameter is right between fit and condor. Although I haven't really use them extensively because I found it softer than Lip, they do stick better than condor's but worse than Lip.
Just bought some of the non-premium 50 pack lippoint soft tip replacements. Hopefully they're as good. Used to use the unicorn epic tips, while they stick perfectly, they break all the time if you miss the double and hit the number.
Excellent review! I'm glad we rated so highly.

As I've only played soft tip using Cosmo equipment, I don't know if it works for all points, but at least with Fit Point Plus, if instead of pulling it straight out, twist it clockwise as you pull and it will pretty much fall out of the board.

Also, the wrench isn't really *needed* to put the points in (I've not actually ever seen any of or pro soft tip players use it). It's addition is really ingenious as it accomplishes several things:
1) It gives you the option of using it to make sure that your point is truly secure.
2) It makes use of the extra plastic created during injection.
3) Also ups production speed as there's only two cuts instead of 20.

What they look like out of the machine:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TIGA Hyper Point or CONDOR Ultimate Point Ancient Darter 6 1,692 07-02-2019, 11:29 AM
Last Post: LKH9
  Finally Added Unicorn Paul Lim Soft Tips to the Collection :) Ehudakineyah 10 973 03-29-2019, 01:27 AM
Last Post: Ehudakineyah
Star Soft tip point colours Ed180 21 1,771 11-10-2018, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Tek_FPV
  New Soft Tip Point Coming - Lippoint PREMIUM Ancient Darter 25 7,753 07-06-2016, 02:21 AM
Last Post: bighorse
  Soft tip point options for heavier custom darts? JohnK 23 8,004 06-06-2016, 07:30 AM
Last Post: alienmartian22