Unicorn

New Equipment: General Thread
Just a general thread for all new darts, flights, stems, wallets etc.

Not always worth opening a thread for a single set.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
If you ever asked what would happen if a set of Whitlock's had a car crash, here is your answer.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
(04-11-2019, 08:25 PM)vanJupp Wrote: Just a general thread for all new darts, flights, stems, wallets etc.

Not always worth opening a thread for a single set.

We have sub-forums under darts equipment for that reason.  But we'll see what the general consensus is...
I like single thread for every new set . Then I see what has come out ,since I logged in last time
180-1(33)

Well it's been awhile since I purchased a new set of Darts. It's about the time. Thanks for the thread.
DAYTONA FIRE JP-01JP-02, DF-10, DF-11 & DF-01
Not for me, they must have been really bored ( or on acid ) when they designed those
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
(04-11-2019, 08:27 PM)vanJupp Wrote: If you ever asked what would happen if a set of Whitlock's had a car crash, here is your answer.

PICS REMOVED

I find that dart very interesting.
I would think separate threads would be better as it would make searching easier - either a single thread for one manufacturer if it's a main product launch or monthly announcement, or if it is a one off release then a thread for that item only.
(04-12-2019, 09:02 AM)mc1958 Wrote: I would think separate threads would be better as it would make searching easier - either a single thread for one manufacturer if it's a main product launch or monthly announcement, or if it is a one off release then a thread for that item only.

I agree. I would never click this thread and scroll through pages to see what’s new. New threads with appropriate titles for the new equipment is what catches people’s eye
Match darts - 22g Customs
Best 501 - 11 Darts
(04-12-2019, 09:53 PM)John_B Wrote:
(04-12-2019, 09:02 AM)mc1958 Wrote: I would think separate threads would be better as it would make searching easier - either a single thread for one manufacturer if it's a main product launch or monthly announcement, or if it is a one off release then a thread for that item only.

I agree. I would never click this thread and scroll through pages to see what’s new. New threads with appropriate titles for the new equipment is what catches people’s eye

I would have to agree also.
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me .... I find bliss in my confusion.
I think the intent is similar to vanJupp's Dart Pics.  Which is fine, but don't feel obligated to follow suit.  There's no particular advantage system wise to find and locate posts - as opposed to threads.  Of course, you can build an index file, but that takes time, effort, and ongoing maintenance.

The only advantage of posts as opposed to threads is when using the forum Search Page.   When using posts as output, you can sort on post date.  For threads as output, you can only sort on the last post date in the thread.  Which might not be exactly what you want.

Here's a search I did for posts by vanJupp in Dart Reviews, showing posts as output, sorted by post date.  I selected the Username and Forum in the appropriate sections, and merely toggled the output to "Posts" - from the default setting of "Threads":

With demand and time permitting, I'll put together a tutorial on how to set that up.  But here's a hint.  If you have a username selected, and a specific forum or sub-forum to search, you don't need a keyword further restricting search criteria. Many of you will figure it out from there. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 

cheers...
Thanks Nixer55. It's clear as mud now LOL
Whatever is thought best but like all nutz I love seeing new stuff on here.....it’s great!!
My idea and plan for this thread was not a thread to post every new item in it, just the ones, that I would otherwise not post about at all.

There are plenty of releases every month, that I don't post, because I assume that they will only be interesting for very few people on the forum. So a own thread always seems a bit too much for it.
For example One80 released one new range of flights a couple of weeks ago. That is to me a case, where I would not post about it in an own thread, as it seems a bit too much. Because making a thread for each single of these releases just would end up in plenty of threads with few replies etc.
That just make the important thread harder to find and in the long term makes the forum slower.

So this thread was merely the idea to have a place for these kind of releases.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
(04-15-2019, 05:33 PM)vanJupp Wrote: My idea and plan for this thread was not a thread to post every new item in it, just the ones, that I would otherwise not post about at all.

There are plenty of releases every month, that I don't post, because I assume that they will only be interesting for very few people on the forum. So a own thread always seems a bit too much for it.
For example One80 released one new range of flights a couple of weeks ago. That is to me a case, where I would not post about it in an own thread, as it seems a bit too much. Because making a thread for each single of these releases just would end up in plenty of threads with few replies etc.
That just make the important thread harder to find and in the long term makes the forum slower.

So this thread was merely the idea to have a place for these kind of releases.

Sounds like an idea - as you say a thread for some new release flights would be a bit of overkill.  Give it a go and gauge what the general consensus is after a short while as to whether it's worth continuing or not.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Equipment Kez1 8 425 10-31-2020, 11:21 PM
Last Post: Humdinger
  Equipment Kez1 12 512 10-29-2020, 01:31 PM
Last Post: jt4527
  What do you do with your old boards/equipment? Trainor180 8 481 07-26-2020, 01:55 AM
Last Post: Borisbbadd
  General questions for Winmau Getagrip 55 16,872 06-18-2020, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Rollback
  Dart point and general equipment dimensions Phil McKeown 1 758 06-17-2019, 04:06 PM
Last Post: Chappers
  Cheap dart equipment Topolman 5 1,144 05-15-2017, 10:40 AM
Last Post: Beanerds
  General questions relating to One80 darts Getagrip 21 10,300 08-28-2015, 05:08 PM
Last Post: tracy peckinpaugh