Shot Darts

Opinion on Target Darts
Ive been a big fan of Target for a while and have a lot of their stuff but im starting to doubt the quality of them a little, I like there Storm Surge points so I bought a few and all of them snapped leaving my Dart Useless I suppose its just them points but still not good in my opinion especially when they are £10.95 a set, ive got a set of Harrows Wolframs Infinity and when I look at what you get compared to Target it makes me wonder, I mean to me the packaging is better on the Harrows there most expensive dart is £50 and you even get a spare set of points in the box, so maybe they are the way forward for me as much as I like Target.   ( Rant Over)
I have never used the storm surge points because they have really bad reviews about them snapping. I use the target storm grooved points instead which haven't snapped on me yet. You could maybe give them a try.
I have no problems with Target, anytime you have points with grooves, it greatly improves the chance of snapping because it makes the metal thinner, it really doesn't matter to me about packaging i'd actually be happier with less, i dont need a fancy box or the jacked up prices Unicorn does with it, you could send the darts off to have whats stuck in the darts removed
Yea sounds like just them points then which im glad tbh because I do like Target.
Personally I've been very happy with the quality of all the darts I've had from Target, and that includes the ones they made for A180. The only thing that puts me off adding to the collection nowadays is the way the prices are going up - that particular gripe isn't specific to Target though as it applies to most manufacturers these days.

As far as the points are concerned I don't use any of the Storm points now due to having one snap on me a while back, so never again. Their plain gold points are among the best I've tried and I also love the Onyx and Diamond Lasers, and I can take or leave the Quartz points. I've not tried the Firepoints so can't comment on those, but for the last few weeks I've been giving the Fire Edge points a go and am really loving them - several bounce outs onto a wooden floor with no breakages so far.
Had one breaking while removing the dart, im using onyx fire storm points now they seem to be fine. I own a couple of darts from target cant say anything negative about them.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Gesendet von meinem WAS-LX1 mit Tapatalk
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Board: Winmau Blade 5 DC
Darts : Cosmo Cyclone Mickey Mansell 23.9 g 
Not tip related, but i started with a set of Harrow Rapides... The grip wore down in less then 3 months,  i have been throwing with my target darts for almost 5 months now, and they still feel like new.  Not sure if that is the same way with all Harrow darts, but it was enough to put me off of them. mind you that i have not thrown many different sets of darts... still new to the sport.
I have a set of darts with Target Storm smooth points and have never had an issue. I would never get grooved points because any bounce or falling out issues can easily be solved with a bit of sandpaper Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

B: 23g   S: Tweenie   F: Shape   180s: 2/25
Started using Target Darts beginning of the year, never had an issue with them. I use the points that come with the dart too, I just rough the points up and I've had no problems.
Darts:
Target Carrera C5 Pixel Grip (23g)
Target Pro Grip Black Short Shafts
Target Pro 100 Standard Black Flights
Target Storm Nano Grip Black 26mm Points

Setup:
Unicorn Eclipse HD2 Pro Edition Board
Unicorn Striker Black Surround
Target Corona Vision Light System

180's:
2020: 0
2019: 85
2018: 27

(03-14-2019, 02:46 PM)Shima Wrote: Had one breaking while removing the dart, im using onyx fire storm points now they seem to be fine. I own a couple of darts from target cant say anything negative about them.

Gesendet von meinem WAS-LX1 mit Tapatalk

That sucks Shima. I think Target should refund people for the points snapping and  remove the broken point for free.
Their darts are fine but I personally tend to stay away from their storm points even if I have never broken one.
I gave up on Target Storm's a while back after snapping one. I also had a Firepoint snap so wouldn't buy those again either. It seems to me that the problem with these points is they're cast steel rather than machined - making them more brittle. I've used CD points and Vox Tornado without problems - they're both much better quality IMO as they look like they've been machined rather than cast steel. £11 quid for a set of poor quality points is ridiculous - Dartsclearance will sell you a decent set of barrels for that.
Not had any snap on me but my mate did.like there darts though
I've no problem with their barrels, they make some great darts but as others have mentioned I'm steering well clear of their storm points. I've also had problems with their normal points where the tip has bent on 2 sets. One diamond point and the other just a plain black point. I've never had this with any other points.
Bulls NL 501 pyramid grip 24g
L Style flights & stems
Unicorn Volute points
Target is too much design and fancy grips and beautiful coatings and too less throwable darts.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your opinion on best players phase. B2B180 5 370 02-19-2020, 11:34 AM
Last Post: NiteEyez
  Do you agree with the anti-analyzing opinion towards your throw? Regulatori 61 12,055 08-01-2019, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Cat
  Opinion: Are we expecting too much out of pro players? LethalEagle 0 251 03-16-2019, 05:50 PM
Last Post: LethalEagle
  In your opinion does playing Soft-tips hurt your steel tip game? *Saber* 5 2,718 10-29-2015, 09:56 PM
Last Post: Lord Strange