Unicorn

Unicorn 'On Tour' - Travel Set Up.
OK, forgot I had this as I only had it up once, was going to review it but must have got side tracked - so here it is, The Unicorn On Tour.

It is essentially a hanging system designed to hang your board on any standard door via a nylon strap.

It comes in a sturdy, well made zip up bag:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Inside the bag is the backboard and strap, a nice portable oche mat and a Unicorn oche mate (fancy tape measure...):

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

So, as you can see, the backboard it attatched to the nylon strap, the strap goeas around any standard door and fastens up with a pair of plastic buckle type fastenings:

Close up of one of the buckles, a familiar and easy to use tightening device as seen on many products.
You can also see the strong nylon strap in close up:

The backboard, all set up with the standard bracket and spacing wedges.
All you need to do is adjust the screw in the back of your actual dart board to tighten it all up:

Here it is, board attached and all tightened up:

Side view:

Next up, measure out the oche, and with the Unicorn Oche Mate provided its simple.
Put your dart through the required hole on the tape (there are several to cater for different distances, standard, traditional and soft tip etc) and pull tight to the ground:

Then place the portable oche mat where the tape lands on the floor:

View from the newly measured oche:

Above shot, showing gap between board and door, also the door frame, very important if you intend to use a surround, on this side there will be no problem but as you will see in a moment, you will struggle to use a surround if the door frame is too thick:

This is the view from the other side of the door, as mentioned, a surround would probably not fit properly on this side:

And finally, the health and safety bit, a clear notice that is displayed on the other side of the door to where you are playing - a nice touch and vital to avoid someone getting a dart in the eye:

Price: £45-£55

I would give the Unicorn On Tour a good 5/5, it does exactly what it is designed to do, is handy and can be taken on holiday, fitted on any standard door which means that it can be used in almost any building.
The added Oche Mate is perfect and when used correctly will provide you with an accurate mark and board height.
At around £50 I would say its a fair price for what you get - note, there is no dart board supplied with it.
Great Review!

Does it move when hit with a dart?

Thanks,

James
Great review rebel. I see what you mean with a surround not fitting.

The one at Argos you do get a board with it.
Unicorn On Tour Dartboard System with Eclipse Pro Dartboard
(12-01-2013, 10:25 PM)Jimbob 2705 Wrote: Great Review!

Does it move when hit with a dart?

Thanks,

James

If everything is tightened up (strap/screw) there is no movement at all IMO, certainly nothing you would notice.

BTW, thanks for the comment, much appreciated :Saucey:
(12-01-2013, 11:15 PM)Hackett180 Wrote: Great review rebel. I see what you mean with a surround not fitting.

The one at Argos you do get a board with it.
Unicorn On Tour Dartboard System with Eclipse Pro Dartboard

That looks a great deal in my opinion, I paid that and didnt get a board with ti Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks for the comment, glad you found it useful :Saucey:
I posted my unicorn on tour here on the forum cannot find it,think it was in my set up!!Highly recommend it, I put a old frame from a mirror behind mine works at treat.
Hope you got a few more comments than I did Rab Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. haha

They are really good for people that either cant have a permanent mark or people who want to play while traveling - I would highly recommend it too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Rebel, great review by the way, I just inserted 2 screws hung frame on them and then attached the Unicorn on Tour. One issue I had at the start, if the the dart was stubborn I thought I would pull the whole set up down!! Yeah handy when travelling to, if the car in front does not go to fast :-)
I must have missed this post, not sure how? Top review Greg, a deserving +2 from me. It looks better than I thought and its a very clever idea really, I like the supplied Oche too, thats quite neat. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Yeah, the extra's are great, the oche mat while it will move if your not careful is rubbery on the bottom and so will stay in place or there abouts.
And the oche mate, does what it says, gets the board height and oche mark spot on.

I would suggest once the mark is measured out maybe chalk it so that if the mat slips it can be put back in position.

When I bought mine I was not expecting the mat and tape so they were a bonus - when I first saw them I didnt expect them to be up to much but was surprised how useful they are.

As I say when its all tightened up it is real sturdy, of course its never going to be like a fixed board but when the darts hit it you wont notice any movement, maybe a small amount when removing well bedded darts but nothing to put you off.

Thanks again for the comments, mucho appreciated :Saucey:
Nice review. Looks the part.
Is there room in the bag to fit a board in or would you need a separate bag in order to bring the board along?
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Great review bud. I seen a few of these on the hotel doors when we were down at the Grand Prix in Dublin.
There is plenty of room in the bag to fit a board as well - in fact you can leave it attached to the back board and when putting it away just wrap the strap around the whole thing - only thing would be the rubbing of the wires on the bag would eventually damage it I would imagine so maybe some sort of cover should be used to protect the bag from the wires.
A simple idea thats well executed.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review, for a second I thought it was a grip review, very good indeed. This would be great if I traveled.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mission Torus 100 Folding Portable Travel Dartboard Light Review Getagrip 10 215 09-03-2021, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Capp
  Loxley Darts travel case review Drum 9 170 08-26-2021, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Borisbbadd