Darts Buddy

BBC America Confirm World Championship Broadcast
BBC America has announced the expansion of its highly successful broadcast and streaming of Professional Darts, adding the 2018/2019 William Hill World Darts Championship from December 13 to January 1.

The best matches of the week will air Sunday mornings from 0900-1200 ET, and BBCA will stream a record 111 hours live on BBCAmerica.com.

Meanwhile, the World Championship final will air in prime time on BBC America on Tuesday January 1 at 2130 ET following the Doctor Who New Year's Day special.

This year's World Championship includes Amercia's Chuck Puleo, North American Champion and Canadian Jeff Smith and Canadian Jim Long in the largest field the event has ever seen, with 96 competitors battling for over $3.1 million in prize money and the prestigious Sid Waddell Trophy.

That trio will line up alongside the likes of reigning World Champion Rob Cross, world number one Michael van Gerwen and female qualifiers Anastasia Dobromyslova and Lisa Ashton.

Puleo, who topped the domestic CDC rankings this year to earn his World Championship debut, plays World Youth Champion Dimitri Van den Bergh in the competition's first round on Tuesday, December 18.

"Darts brings together everything we love about sports – drama, suspense, excitement and wildly passionate fans,” said Courtney Thomasma executive director of BBC America.

"BBCA's comprehensive coverage will super-serve sports fans and also engage more casual viewers who want to experience this fan-fueled phenomenon first-hand.

"We were thrilled at the level of enthusiasm for the debut of Premier League Darts last spring, and are looking forward to being the US home of the World Darts Championship this month. Game on!"

BBC America launched its darts initiative with the 2017/2018 World Darts Championship, the most watched darts tournament on US TV in a decade*, beating professional darts coverage on sports networks including NBC Sports Network, FS1, FS2, ESPN Classic, and ESPNU.

That elite competition reached nearly four million unique viewers on BBC America, with the final trending globally on Twitter and setting the stage for the expansion into Premier League Darts which drew over ten million unique viewers on the channel.

Premier League Darts also generated nearly three million livestream views, growing +9x from the first half to the second half of the tournament.
Livestream views consist of views on BBCAmerica.com and Facebook.

For further information, please visit www.bbcamerica.com/shows/darts, follow @DartsBBCA on Twitter or visit www.facebook.com/DartsBBCA

2018/2019 William Hill World Darts Championship
BBC America Schedule

Thursday, December 13 – Day 1
2:00pm ET (Streaming Live)

Friday, December 14 – Day 2
7:30am ET (Streaming Live)

Saturday, December 15 – Day 3

Sunday, December 16 – Day 4
9:00am-12:00pm ET
Best Matches Days 1-3 - BBC America Broadcast

Monday, December 17 – Day 5

Tuesday, December 18 – Day 6

Wednesday December 19 – Day 7

Thursday December 20 – Day 8

Friday December 21 – Day 9

Saturday, December 22 – Day 10

Sunday, December 23 – Day 11
Best Matches Days 4-10 - BBC America Broadcast

Thursday, December 27 – Day 12

Friday, December 28 – Day 13

Saturday, December 29 – Day 14

Sunday, December 30 – Day 15
Best Matches Days 11-14 - BBC America Broadcast

Tuesday, January 1 – Day 16
3:00pm ET (Streaming Live)
9:30pm ET – Final - BBC America Broadcast
Following the Doctor Who New Year’s Day special

* Source: Nielsen, Live+SD, P2+. Most Watched Darts Tournament=2007-TD, AA(000). Reach=12/16/17-1/1/18 (WDC), 2/1/18-5/17/18 (PLD), 1 minute qualifier.
Streaming service DAZN will be covering for Germany, Japan, Canada.

They offer a free Month trial as well.

Thursday December 13th 2:00pm - Day 1 Coverage
Friday December 14th 7:30am - Day 2 Session 1
Friday December 14th 2:00pm - Day 2 Session 2

Are on the schedule now. I assume based on previous events covered more will be added as the tournament goes on.
Would Love to swap the Piranha Razor Grip for something else.  Bought them and never used them

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(12-06-2018, 01:52 PM)Getagrip Wrote: So the U.S. get to watch it for free and we have to pay? Something wrong there then.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
DAYTONA FIRE JP-01JP-02, DF-10, DF-11 & DF-01
Typical, and we still pay for a T.V. license.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Kevin a.k.a. "Sniper".  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(12-06-2018, 01:52 PM)Getagrip Wrote: So the U.S. get to watch it for free and we have to pay? Something wrong there then.

In terms of what this might mean for darting in the US.....   Since those self-absorbed, arrogant, prancing multi-millionaire American “oppressed minority" football players have done their best to politicize and weaponize professional American football, they’ve alienated and driven away many millions of (now former) American football fans.   Stories of half-empty stadiums, vastly diminished TV viewership, significantly diminished NFL revenue flows, etc,etc are all over the place all the time.   My estimation is there must be a LOT of American guys who’re ripe for something new to watch--and (GASP!) possibly even participate in.   If even a small percentage of that population might end up turning on to shooting steel darts, we might see another Renaissance-like boom period for darting like what happened here around 20 years ago.   We’ve long since lost ~80% of the dart bars, leagues and tournaments we used to have (at least in the NE US where I live).   If we could regain a third of what we’ve lost, this could be the beginning of another great growth era for darting in the US.   I hope BBC America might help that happen (although what I'm hoping for is probably immensely unlikely).

My speculation will probably be just another puff of cigarette smoke in a gale force wind and nothing of significance will probably be what happens.   At any rate, here’s hoping.   Under any circumstance, US participation in steel dart shooting these days couldn’t get much lower, so BBC America certainly can’t hurt anything or make anything even worse.
Granted, I've just got back from the pub and I may not be thinking straight. So, I pay £120 a year for BBC, or get threatened with being taken to Court, and also have to pay £30 for a month of SKY to watch it?

I'd definitely like to add that I do not begrudge any of our American friends being able to watch it, but it seems a bit like British darts fans are being slightly done over?

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk
Well, BBCA isn't free. One must subscribe to a cable or satellite plan that carries it. Most major companies do. I won't receive it because I refuse  to pay their ridiculous prices. Sure, I'd love to see some of the cable channels like BBCA, Discovery, History, ESPN and the like, but I won't $100 and up each month. If it doesn't come in on my antenna, I can't watch it.  *Sigh*

Kevin
(12-09-2018, 07:44 AM)Kevin Bell Wrote: Well, BBCA isn't free. One must subscribe to a cable or satellite plan that carries it. Most major companies do. I won't receive it because I refuse  to pay their ridiculous prices. Sure, I'd love to see some of the cable channels like BBCA, Discovery, History, ESPN and the like, but I won't $100 and up each month. If it doesn't come in on my antenna, I can't watch it.  *Sigh*

Kevin

It's all being streamed via the BBC America website - so that is free isn't it once you've paid your ISP (which we all have to do)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2021/22 World Championship mc1958 2 79 07-24-2021, 01:10 PM
Last Post: AndrewK
  2020/21 William Hill World Championship mc1958 682 22,529 01-06-2021, 05:40 PM
Last Post: ChrisTheFish
  2020 PDC World Darts Championship discussion sjmattitude1982 578 33,803 01-17-2020, 02:18 PM
Last Post: sjmattitude1982
  BBC America 2020? David Petersen 2 595 12-13-2019, 08:36 AM
Last Post: mc1958
  2019/20 PDC World Championship news/qualifiers mc1958 39 2,475 11-26-2019, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Mack
  Big news for Darts in America Mairtin Seoige 1 543 08-05-2019, 05:57 PM
Last Post: Zero
  World Championship Preview Part Three (Point Five). leon0677 11 1,283 12-13-2018, 02:11 AM
Last Post: Banz
  World Championship Preview Part Two. leon0677 17 1,764 12-06-2018, 12:59 AM
Last Post: leon0677
  World Championship Preview Part One. leon0677 13 1,403 12-05-2018, 04:52 PM
Last Post: woodmagnet
  2019 PDC World Championship Draw Cosmo 15 1,972 12-02-2018, 12:49 PM
Last Post: RooieReetAap