Unicorn

One80 Chameleon Coral 24g Darts Review

These are the new Chameleon darts from One80, this is the Coral 24g version, they retail for £49.99.

They are 90% VHD tungsten dart with a rather nice "Eloxidised" coating that is a hard wearing coating with a multitude of iridescent colours. They come in slim line packaging with nice graphics on the box and are housed in a Solibox case:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The darts are fitted with medium One80 Proplast stems and standard shape Gladiator flights.

As you can see in the above pics the barrels have a nice smooth tapered nose with two ringed sections - front and rear - and a gently scalloped middle, the very rear end of the barrel is smooth and the coating is only concentrated on the ringed and scalloped part of the barrel. The grip is a low level but I guess the scallop section is a good reference point if you like to grip in the middle.

The darts were quite comparable in weight, the difference between the lightest and heaviest being 2 tenths of a gram:

The weight of the full set up out of the box:

The barrels are a bit longer than you may first think, I think the scallop makes them appear shorter:

Also the widest part is on the front rings and the barrels actually taper very slight to the rear:

Barrel Dimensions in detail:

The barrels on their own with nothing attached are slightly front weighted:

With the set up out of the box it moves near the centre:

Balance with my medium, short and extra short stems:

My natural grip with these darts:

The darts were land like this for most of my throws:

Conclusion:

These darts have a really nice look to them with the eloxidised coating, they have a great range of colours as you move the barrels around and it changes with the angle of light, the pics and the vids don't do them justice really Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

That is the main feature of the darts hence the Chameleon name but the darts are very well made, the tungsten has a very dense quality feel to it. As you can see from the pics the transition from point to barrel is incredibly smooth and something I like about the One80 darts, I found the darts to be very comfy for my finger to rest on the front taper and they were nice and easy to throw smoothly.

I think the coating on the barrel has a slightly different feel to the non coated parts, hard to describe it but it allows an easy release.

I tried throwing a few from the scallop section but its not for me at that point and prefer my normal front style grip. Although the darts are slightly front weighted they will probably suit all styles of grip.

I'm not sure if the Proplast stems I mentioned in the Broadsword review were different because the ones on these darts seemed to have a tighter grip on the flights which felt a lot better than the ones I got on the Broadswords, so maybe the others were a little off?

Overall I think these are a great looking dart that seem to be very hard wearing but no good for those who want something with more grip.

Ratings:

Looks: 8
Grip: 3 (on a 1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 7
Quality: 9
Value: 7
Suitability for me: 7
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Thanks for another cracking review Grip

20% off the first 20 sets of these at www.infinitidarts.com with the discount code:

CHAM20

Cheers
Mike
Nice one Mike Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Nice review. Am not really a fan of the coloured darts but these look nice.
Cheers! yeah these look nice Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Nice review Darren as usual.
Hey Grip,

Any feedback on how the DNA style coating holds up on these darts?

Thanks Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts: Target Carrera C10 - 24g
Dartboard: One80 Gladiator II
Lighting: Target Vision 360
Surround: Winmau Orange
Once again you come through and another great review, that thankfully saved me some money because of the grip level being lower than I like.
But, I think they look great as do other one80 darts
+1 for one of the earlier reviews
(07-05-2016, 03:03 PM)Danger Mouse Wrote: Hey Grip,

Thanks Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Sorry, I must have missed your post, only just seen it now because Tom had posted, but I don't have them any more or do I, hmm, I cant remember but from the last time I do remember using them the coating was still good. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(12-30-2016, 07:18 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: Once again you come through and another great review, that thankfully saved me some money because of the grip level being lower than I like.
But, I think they look great as do other one80 darts
+1 for one of the earlier reviews

This review is over 3 years old now lol, cheers all the same Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(07-05-2016, 03:03 PM)Danger Mouse Wrote: Hey Grip,

I have 2 sets of these - bought one Set in 2014 for my birthday, bought the other 6 mos later because they suited me (and still do).  No discernible wear on the coating as yet.  I like a less grippy dart, and the scallop works as a marker for my fingers.  Just letting you know my experience.
thanks Sherry for the update! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Yes I saw the date was 3 years old which just shows your reviews are timeless
(12-31-2016, 04:10 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: Yes I saw the date was 3 years old which just shows your reviews are timeless

lol Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(12-31-2016, 03:16 PM)Getagrip Wrote: thanks Sherry for the update! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Your welcome-info doesn't have an expiration date.  Lol!!!
quite right, well most of it anyway Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One80 - Thanawat 23g - Review vanJupp 13 2,042 05-12-2021, 11:47 PM
Last Post: User17736
  One80 Rebel 24g review 21/41 5 310 10-27-2020, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Darty
  One80 R2 Reaim 25g review 21/41 6 335 10-25-2020, 06:50 PM
Last Post: jt4527
  One80 Reptile 24g with Revolution 2 changeabel points darts review Getagrip 60 19,236 02-13-2020, 04:11 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  One80 - Scott Kirchner - 22g - Review vanJupp 10 1,274 11-30-2019, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Sowatt
  One80 - Nighthunter Sting - 24g - Review vanJupp 39 7,015 03-05-2019, 01:22 AM
Last Post: Mac-attack99
  One80 - Peter Machin - 23g - Review vanJupp 22 3,955 01-08-2019, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Sultan Pepper
  One80 Re-Flex Reactive 24g darts review Getagrip 42 23,810 06-26-2018, 06:39 PM
Last Post: GPage64
  One80 Cutlass Review: The Rear Grippers Dream Dart Cankles of Fury 73 42,207 03-24-2018, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Twenty-one
  One80 Regulator 20g darts review Ryk 4 1,925 03-22-2018, 07:42 PM
Last Post: 055