Harrows Darts.

Straight Barrel Ring Grip Darts with Storm-Type Points
Does anyone have any pictures/recommendations of a straight barrel ring grip dart that has a smooth transition to a storm type point?

I love my Duzza's but get a few deflections from the bull nose and was wondering if a tapered point would help.  I want the transition to be nice and smooth so any real world experiences here would be great.

I had a look through the "Show Us Your Storms" thread but that's a bit old now.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
Would need to be a dart with a fair bit of taper like the RD Clayton's.

Bit of a pricey example Here. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Also a couple of new Winmau sets, Gurney'sPaint's and Dazzler's.

Now the GT's and Gurney's aren't ring grip I know, but just examples of what profile you may like.
I had to think of the Datadart Paul Jennings's.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
(11-01-2018, 11:23 PM)vanJupp Wrote: I had to think of the Datadart Paul Jenning's.

Good one, Storms in them Winstanley's you have in your sig. would possibly work too. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I think the Winstanley's would be the most similar grip wise to your Duzza's. Another set thar comes to mind would be the old Datadart/G-force Fitton's but they might be hard to find. These are a cheap alternative as well:
https://www.puredarts.co.uk/multi-ring-d...-ring.html

Btw I didn't have storms in the Fitton's or Multi rings but the transition with tridents is perfect.
Thanks for the replies everyone, lots to look at when I get home tonight.

To add to the mix...I don't grip the front of the dart and have been looking at darts with a front taper like Harrows Wolframs and Shot Drakkar.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

(11-02-2018, 01:12 AM)Banz Wrote: Thanks for the replies everyone, lots to look at when I get home tonight.

To add to the mix...I don't grip the front of the dart and have been looking at darts with a front taper like Harrows Wolframs and Shot Drakkar.

In that case you might want to try the Unicorn T90 style 1 https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=22868
Simple design with a nice taper that shouldn't cause for any deflections with a set of storm or tridents on them.
Oooh, the T90 are very nice. They are a bit thicker than Duzzas but I don't think that would be an issue really. I am a Harrows fanboy but my first proper set were Unicorns and I do have a soft spot for them.

Definitely something to think about.

Wolframs get my vote although the grip isn't more then a medium say 5/10 which could be an issue. Lovely darts though.
https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=21500
winmau robbie green shiuld work well
best leg: 15 darts
best checkout: 117
180 count: 15
The new quantum darts are very bristowish with a nice taper, 22g or 24g.
23g dobey phase 2
Extra short stems
Target no2 flights
RD Rebel. Very cheap, similar to the Duzza dartsGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Tapatalkkal küldve az én Redmi Note 5 eszközömről
I had the nose of my ONE80 Dragons modified to blend perfectly
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
These Shot Lady-S suit the Tornado points really nicely
Current Board 
ONE80 Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Have you considered using Trident cones on your Duzza’s? They work really well.
Again, thanks for all the options everyone, it's giving me much to think about.

(11-03-2018, 11:01 PM)Humdinger Wrote: Have you considered using Trident cones on your Duzza’s? They work really well.

I have considered them and have steered away mostly because I don't like the look of them. I know that's shallow and I think the sensible thing to do would be to put some in my next order of flights and stems, which I plan to make soon.

This would fit in with my timeline of not changing darts while the league season is on. If the Tridents do the trick then I won't need to change darts unless there's a Duzza series three, which I don't think will happen unless he switches to the PDC or something.

In the meantime I will keep an eye on this thread and work through the "Show Us Your Storm Points Fitted" one for idead, should I need them.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why not more darts with smooth transition from tip to barrel? Michaelinpr 24 901 10-19-2020, 11:08 PM
Last Post: Phil D
  What barrel to pick for a pencil grip? The Chosen One 11 1,132 12-17-2019, 03:47 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  Winmau Blackout (Straight barrel) Mackemchris 4 551 11-24-2019, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Nucky
  LF Similar To: bulls v8 heavy ring grip CalixNL 5 247 10-31-2019, 04:02 AM
Last Post: CalixNL
  Target Perfect Storm Darts - Precision - Black Titanium (24g) GONKO 2 327 09-04-2019, 02:44 PM
Last Post: GONKO
  Daytona fire without storm points? Calvinize 3 403 08-10-2019, 05:30 PM
Last Post: bosmajor
  Which type of barrel is the most forgiving? Trukje 12 1,114 04-28-2019, 12:33 AM
Last Post: Doctor Bones
  Darts Clearance storm points Chappers 8 534 02-22-2019, 09:55 PM
Last Post: LPPK
  Looking for advice on modifying the grip on a barrel Poidisb 12 708 08-21-2018, 10:26 PM
Last Post: Poidisb
  Older Target Buntings w/ ring grip? Ted Woodside 7 595 07-12-2018, 12:19 PM
Last Post: 25g-grizzly