Darts Buddy

Memorizing Out Shots
Hi guys...

As you may know, I play mostly soft tip which for the most have the out assist functions depending on whatever settings you set for the matches.

I've played one season in a steel tip league and my biggest downfall has been with trying to figure out the out shots. The bars we play in all have the league sponsored out shot posters but doing the math, checking the poster, doing the math and checking the poster really interrupts the rhythm...

Repetition, couting the darts as others play, practice practice practice will only make it easier but I'm wondering if there are any other tips/tricks that might be useful???
I'm in the same situation but I don't play steel tip I play in a soft tip league here in Germany. I play steel tip when I go back to Scotland to visit and I only have a hard board in my house so it's all I practice.
I had problems when I last visited Scotland with my counting so recently I have been practicing it at home.
I have been looking on here as some threads are titled, how to you finish 82 and so on. So I just practice what others say and see what works for me. I just practice finishing a particular route. So many can be inter changed and it's starting to make sense and I can make my own paths now. It hasn't really taken that long. Just practice practice practice and it get stuck in your head.
How that helps, it has for me so far...
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Go to one of the bigger dart makers sites or some of the online dart shops and see if they have dart out shot cards. They will list ways to peg from 170 down. Then its just a case of memorizing them.

Personally, I go to the line with 2 options in my mind. 1 is hitting the required triple, the other is a way to get out with just hitting the single.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

League High Peg Outs: Monday 160, Tuesday 170, Thursday 170, Friday 160
Hint number 1. If your on an odd number you know automatically that you need to hit an odd to even it up in the first 2 darts right.
2. If your on an even number you stay on even numbers right (makes sense.)
3. Start learning your 60-70 first.
4. Know that 99 is a three dart out

Lets say your shooting 41 - its either 1-db20 or 9 db 16
42 - 10- db16 0r 2 db20 and so on so forth - 50's are easy since I like db20 - 50-10-db20 - 51 -11 -db20 and so forth
If you like db16 then 19 db16 on 51. 52-20-db16 or 12-db20

If you have a favorite out number say db20 for me I mentally subtract 40 from whats left to get to the 40 on lower outs exp 57- 40 = 17 db20.
On higher outs you need trebles to get to your comfort or knowledge zone so to speak. say 139 out. I shoot t-20 brings it to my comfort zone of 79 - I know I need an odd treble to continue and even up . Hmm I like db 20 so 40 from 79 = 39 so t-13 it is.

First learn your 60's then 70's, 80's and last 90's once these are learned and you have high numbers you know you need trebles to reach your knowledge zone.
good strategy Larry. Thanx for that +1
MATCH DARTS: 26g Robbo's
Knowledge Zone = numbers you know the outs by heart.

Heres what I did: week 1 learn my 60's out by heart, then 70's next week,80's next and 90's

another hint learn your Shanghai's!! Shanghai's are numbers that are double the treble your shooting and = triple-single and the double example : t-18=54 double that is 108 so t-18=54 s-18 and double 18 = 108
thanks G
When playing and I see players who don't know their outs I have huge advantage. Ive seen players shoot 20's and have say 57 left!!!! seen them stop and have conference with team mates and Captain and even use i-phone apps on simple outs.
(11-26-2013, 01:38 PM)*Saber* Wrote: ... seen them stop and have conference with team mates and Captain and even use i-phone apps on simple outs.

Around my pub, that's when the peanut gallery starts up…

"Dyin' of old age here!"
"Do I have time to go out for a sandwich?"
"Is it still Monday?"
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

(11-26-2013, 03:05 PM)brenthahn Wrote:
(11-26-2013, 01:38 PM)*Saber* Wrote: ... seen them stop and have conference with team mates and Captain and even use i-phone apps on simple outs.

Around my pub, that's when the peanut gallery darts up…

"Dyin' of old age here!"
"Do I have time to go out for a sandwich?"
"Is it still Monday?"
to me at the least its bad sportsmanship and is against the rules to yell out out combo's. If player has doubt he can step off Oche and speak with the Captain only. Thats our rules which are ignored to the point of team huddles for Christ sakes.
(11-26-2013, 04:39 PM)*Saber* Wrote: to me at the least its bad sportsmanship and is against the rules to yell out out combo's.
Especially if they're wrong. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

seen that too lol
Team huddles to work out a peg out! You have to be kidding. lol

I see a few players ask other team mates how to go, but that is before they toe the oche. Once toed, they are pretty much on their own except for the captain who may instruct them. It is rare to see someone step off the oche to consult on the 2nd dart.

League High Peg Outs: Monday 160, Tuesday 170, Thursday 170, Friday 160
Saber, thanks for the tips!
Welcome buddy

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  shots drifting right yemfrench 2 653 08-28-2017, 08:06 PM
Last Post: Rod Dogg
  Wrong out shots ( 3 darts in hand ) BigE 274 30,150 03-14-2016, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Milkysunshine
  3 out shots to think about at 101 Big Gun 5 3,415 12-23-2013, 02:02 AM
Last Post: Dorian