Shot Darts

The 3 P's
Like they say with real estate, the three most important factors are position, position and position. The same applies to improving consistency and accuracy don't let this critical ingredient let you down. Most of us think we are standing in the best position and alignment. Try 3 throws say 50 mm / 2 inches either side of where you currently think is right and see if your accuracy improves or deteriorates. Then fine tune it by reducing it to say 25 mm / 1 inch and so on. You may be surprised what you discover....it's a simple thing that's too often overlooked and can make a huge improvement on your success.
I know this is stating the b****** obvious to some because we take it for granted we're ok but why not do a check up anyway?

Cheers
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Mission "KURO" M4 rear taper design- 23GmYellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

Completely agree. Then again, I play cricket with (or against) a gifted savant who sometimes doesn't make up his mind what he's throwing at until after his arm's in motion and nails it nevertheless. Life ain't fair.
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

The three P's I thought were talking, palatic, pissed and pissed again :-)
I cant decide where best to stand now, I used to stand in the same place just to the right of the middle but it no longer works for me, I mostly stand straight in the middle now but not entirely sure its my best position, still trying to settle on it really.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I likey
My stance has varied very little over the years with the exception of the amount of lean I no longer employ. My lead foot is about 45 degrees to the oche with the toe near center. I'll have about 60% of my weight on the lead leg and 40% on the trailing leg.
Position....interesting concept....might be worth a try.