Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

13 October 1984 - 34 years ago today
(10-14-2018, 07:01 AM)mc1958 Wrote:
(10-13-2018, 11:33 PM)Baloos Wrote: Ok...I'm confused...(nothing new here...lol)...I thought Paul Lim had the 1st televised 9 darter. Not that I'm an avid dart watcher....we didn't get any darts on TV back then that I know of. I'm sure somebody out there can clear this up for me.... Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Lim hit the first 9 darter in a World Championship, but Lowe's was the first televised. The first 3 to be televised were:

13 October 1984 - John Lowe - first televised
9 January 1990 - Paul Lim - first in a World Championship
3 February 2002 - Shaun Greatbatch (in Dutch Open) - first live as it happened

Some people discount the Shaun Greatbatch one as that wasn't on UK TV and claim that Phil Taylor hit the first live televised 9 darter when he hit one 6 months later at the PDC World Matchplay on 1 August 2002, but hey ho, that's Taylor fanboys for you lol.

There's a list of all the televised ones here: - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine-dart_...ne-darters
Well damn...I didn't realize there were that many televised 9 darters...but like I mentioned...we didn't get many ,if any, televised darts here in the US. Phil Taylor has so many he makes it look easy....huh....maybe there is hope for us yet.....lol...yeah..for me the only 9 darter I will get is when I just stop the game after 9 darts......LOL...thanks for the info....luck and shoot well. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Nice, thanks for posting. Watched many times, but never noticed the exact date Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. it's the birthday of my grandpa, with my parents i moved to our house on this date in 1985 where i grew up and yesterday i moved with my family in our new builded house... Funny...only great things happen on a 13th October Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Always worth a watch - now 35 years ago today that history was made Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Enjoyed watching that over the years.......
A quick bump as this never gets old - now 36 years ago today John Lowe made history