Shot Darts

Wayne Mardle School of Darts
I've recently been for a second visit - I wrote a review on PD forum after my first one, but that's gone so its lost. 

This may interest some it may not. But I'll give a run down of what happened, how things have changed and how I've either progressed or regressed..

Firstly my background, very recreational player, love the game, play with friends and don't take part in leagues. Before my recent visit to Wayne, I'd hit 2 180's in my 5 years darts "career", probably around 12-15 140's - so nothing magical or even remotely good, my average in games was around 40-45. But I play for fun, but then its only fun if you enjoy yourself, and its only enjoyable if you achieve and see improvements.

Firstly Wayne is a top man, accommodating and helpful. To begin it was a 2 hour session, and started with just warm up throws for him and his iPad to see how I throw, he'd seen me before and already made comments that I had a good elbow and follow through was decent. What did become obvious was my stance had slipped from before, my back leg was too far behind my standing leg, which would mean as I threw I had a very slight lean or movement to the right, one of the things I mentioned before starting was my ability to hit 1's far too often, this became apparent it was down to the stance.

So we experimented with moving the trailing leg more to my left side but back so it was around 30-45 degrees from my standing foot rather than 70-90, this gave me a firm footing of where I was positioning myself and after a few throws my body wasn't moving towards the right anymore and felt more stable, which allows me to concentrate more on the actual throwing. 

We also changed from kite shaped flights to standard (or Target No 6) - as the kites move through the air quicker my darts would have an inclination to land low as I wasn't throwing hard enough or I'd release too early and they'd be out of the board, I'm more of a "looper", so with the bigger flights they appear to stay in the air a little longer.

There still a bit of work for me to do, getting that release point a bit more consistent. All this was around 4 weeks ago, so with a bit of recent practice as I would normally, I've now hit another 2 180's and the sheer number of 140's I've lost count, much more than I'd ever achieved in the past. My darts are now grouping better too, there plenty of spraying around with the kite flights, but now they're much more condensed.

The session was great, and at no point did I ever feel rushed, think I was there playing for over 2.5 hours in the end. Soon lost track of time just chatting and enjoying his company. The advice is great and the use of the iPad to show you body move is very useful too, its one thing a person saying "you're doing this wrong" but it's another them showing you, and when you can see it, it makes so much more sense.

It was a great experience (for the second time) - only the individual can determine if its too expensive or not - his prices are clearly on his website. 

For me my games improved lots over the last month, so much so the averages are up, the scoring is better and more consistent, and I'm considering trying to find a local league to join to have a go. I don't expect to be winning things, but I feel I have a bit more confidence in my own game. I've played people recently who I couldn't get anywhere near 3 month ago, but I've given them a run for their money recently, which has only gone and boosted my confidence.
180 Target for 2018 - (Just one, one small measly 180, please..... ) Target Met 4!
Thanks for the update @goonas.  Glad to see you mention stance, or your 'base'.  Think this causes more issues than many may realise.  

Cheers, and keep it up!
Sounds good, bit pricey though and a bit far to travel which is the only problem but would be nice to have such help Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(09-17-2018, 01:43 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Sounds good, bit pricey though and a bit far to travel which is the only problem but would be nice to have such help Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Agreed on the travel, price is varied - some may see it as value for money, some may not.

As an experience it's pretty good. Not many times you can also watch a pro or ex-pro throw 180's for fun infront of your eyes from a few inches away. Bit like watching David Beckham take free kicks whilst you watch from a few feet away and him explaining how he does things, and the techniques involved, or a tennis player serving aces for fun.

His insights into the game are fascinating too.

It's not for everyone, but for those considering it and are willing to spend the money on it, I say go for it!
180 Target for 2018 - (Just one, one small measly 180, please..... ) Target Met 4!
There's a few of the players do these sessions that I'm aware of - Bob Anderson, Terry Jenkiins, Alan Tabern, and recently Jamie Caven has been looking into it - but if I was younger and looking to improve then I would definitely go to Wayne. Yes it may be costly, but I can't recall hearing a bad word said about his coaching, and the couple of times I've spoken to him he has come across as being a top bloke.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
waynes official website bio which has his coaching linked states he throws 22g harrows.....oops
(09-17-2018, 04:03 PM)ninjaskills Wrote: waynes official website bio which has his coaching linked states he throws 22g harrows.....oops

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
(09-17-2018, 04:18 PM)The G Wrote:
(09-17-2018, 04:03 PM)ninjaskills Wrote: waynes official website bio which has his coaching linked states he throws 22g harrows.....oops

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Me want
Very interesting. I can imagine it being a great help, and Wayne comes across as a nice guy who has plenty of insight into the game.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mission Darts signs Wayne Mardle / Joe Davis / Ritchie Edhouse Cateye 9 387 11-03-2020, 06:28 PM
Last Post: Jim_sol
  Wayne Mardle's over analysing is dangerous Trainor180 23 1,396 11-01-2020, 01:23 AM
Last Post: derryfilm
  Wayne Warren 20g portsetonloyal 3 200 06-05-2020, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Kts365
  Wayne Mardle takes a shot at Target Darts Trainor180 8 818 04-25-2020, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Anyone tried RD Wayne Warrens? tonywalsh00 2 339 03-09-2019, 01:12 PM
Last Post: tonywalsh00
  Mardle Leaves Target Haywood90 19 2,134 01-06-2019, 02:13 AM
Last Post: The G
  Something new from Target & Mardle vanJupp 16 2,165 03-19-2018, 12:19 PM
Last Post: vanJupp
  Somebody's not a fan of Wayne Mardle… AweSamOne 23 3,296 11-02-2017, 05:40 AM
  Was Chizzy Using Wayne Mardle Darts Prior To His Target Sponsorship? kamikersie 11 8,042 08-23-2017, 06:37 PM
  Interview with Wayne Mardle Dartsweb 13 2,490 05-26-2017, 02:10 PM
Last Post: ElusiveDouble85