unicorn

Molded Flights
(06-10-2022, 01:59 PM)jt4527 Wrote: Fixed.
I get less wear with spinning so maybe I wont have the same problem.
Fit Flights can tear at the bottom sometimes, everyone will have different results too, many factors how flights wear
Having a good run with fit ,air, spin. What a mouthful.  Usually about 3 months playing league weekly and about 10 hours practice /week. Cant complain about that.
(06-10-2022, 10:37 AM)jt4527 Wrote: These are my Cosmo Fit Flights, they arrived on 1 June, which handily coincided with the start of a new month of practice stats on godartspro. Not including warm-ups and random darts thrown throughout the day, these flights have been thrown 783 times. Estimating other times they have been thrown, I would say in total since getting them, they have been thrown 1000 times.

https://imgur.com/a/xQHojtd

These aren't going to last much longer, very disappointing.
I'm sorry about that. I've written two reports and brought it up several times with production as to coming up with fixes for this. Maybe if I have more photos from more people, that can help them move. If you guys want to PM me or mail them to me (actually, even better to the main contact email that gets filtered down to me: information@cosmodarts.com as it would add others to my side). I can't get you replacements, but maybe I can actually get changes made. I can't get you replacements, though. Sorry.

In the meantime, as Capp said, you should have less wear on spinning shafts (which is why we make them in the first place). They aren't a gimmick to improve your play, but are something intended to prolong the life of your materials. This is one reason why you don't see sponsored pros really playing with spinning shafts. Who cares when you have free replacements? There are several threads out there giving tips on lessening the rattle and rotation on the throw while allowing for spinning on collision.
(06-13-2022, 01:25 AM)Cosmo Darts Europe Wrote:
(06-10-2022, 10:37 AM)jt4527 Wrote: These are my Cosmo Fit Flights, they arrived on 1 June, which handily coincided with the start of a new month of practice stats on godartspro. Not including warm-ups and random darts thrown throughout the day, these flights have been thrown 783 times. Estimating other times they have been thrown, I would say in total since getting them, they have been thrown 1000 times.

https://imgur.com/a/xQHojtd

These aren't going to last much longer, very disappointing.
I'm sorry about that. I've written two reports and brought it up several times with production as to coming up with fixes for this. Maybe if I have more photos from more people, that can help them move. If you guys want to PM me or mail them to me (actually, even better to the main contact email that gets filtered down to me: information@cosmodarts.com as it would add others to my side). I can't get you replacements, but maybe I can actually get changes made. I can't get you replacements, though. Sorry.

In the meantime, as Capp said, you should have less wear on spinning shafts (which is why we make them in the first place). They aren't a gimmick to improve your play, but are something intended to prolong the life of your materials. This is one reason why you don't see sponsored pros really playing with spinning shafts. Who cares when you have free replacements? There are several threads out there giving tips on lessening the rattle and rotation on the throw while allowing for spinning on collision.

Thank you for your reply.

I am wondering whether it could be partly down to the shape of flights. This is the first time I have tried pear shaped Cosmo flights, having thrown the Shape shape for some time now. Looking at the pear flights I have, it seems so obvious where the flight is going to split around that central area, and they have. I have never had any damage issues with the Shape flights, but I must admit to perhaps not throwing them with the intensity I have these new ones.

I will throw these pears until they fall apart and then think about getting some spinning stems and some more flights Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

B: 23g    S: Medium    F: Kite    180s: 2/13
If you have some fine Sandpaper you can take down the top piece of the shaft & they will spin, i take a strip wrap it around the top, hold the sandpaper tight to the top & spin the shaft, sand it for a bit put it on check if it spins if not sand some more & so on
I think I’m going to try the Robson for a bit, I like fit flight but the spinning stems if too lose I can feel the flight move on pull back and follow through. Both seem durable but still working on what shape to go with or if to switch to the non spinning stems with fit.

Last set of darts bought 7/5/2022
As of now actually using said darts!

Be Safe and Good Darts!
(06-13-2022, 01:25 AM)Cosmo Darts Europe Wrote: In the meantime, as Capp said, you should have less wear on spinning shafts (which is why we make them in the first place). They aren't a gimmick to improve your play, but are something intended to prolong the life of your materials. This is one reason why you don't see sponsored pros really playing with spinning shafts. Who cares when you have free replacements? There are several threads out there giving tips on lessening the rattle and rotation on the throw while allowing for spinning on collision.
I have my doubts about this since I still get deflection from the flights. At least if I’ve seen this right. 
My darts are pretty flat (almost a 90 degree angle) and if I hit them straight on they can’t spin. 
The increased wear  is of course also a consequence of preferring bullnose darts.
(06-29-2022, 01:41 PM)Cupcake Knight Wrote:
(06-13-2022, 01:25 AM)Cosmo Darts Europe Wrote: In the meantime, as Capp said, you should have less wear on spinning shafts (which is why we make them in the first place). They aren't a gimmick to improve your play, but are something intended to prolong the life of your materials. This is one reason why you don't see sponsored pros really playing with spinning shafts. Who cares when you have free replacements? There are several threads out there giving tips on lessening the rattle and rotation on the throw while allowing for spinning on collision.
I have my doubts about this since I still get deflection from the flights. At least if I’ve seen this right. 
My darts are pretty flat (almost a 90 degree angle) and if I hit them straight on they can’t spin. 
The increased wear  is of course also a consequence of preferring bullnose darts.
When I'm throwing well I get deflections, the only way I know how to eliminate them is to throw three different areas of the board. I can say that with the Fit spinners they have reduced in severity and overall reduced greatly. I have only had one 'loose' annoy me since I changed to carbon/titanium shafts and changing the flight fixed that. I have a couple of sets of locked and got more deflections than with the spinning. Maybe the more flexible type of flight would deflect less, I prefer the more rigid. Just my experience and use the system for my match play and most of my home relaxation.
(06-29-2022, 04:49 PM)Capp Wrote:
(06-29-2022, 01:41 PM)Cupcake Knight Wrote:
When I'm throwing well I get deflections, the only way I know how to eliminate them is to throw three different areas of the board. I can say that with the Fit spinners they have reduced in severity and overall reduced greatly. I have only had one 'loose' annoy me since I changed to carbon/titanium shafts and changing the flight fixed that. I have a couple of sets of locked and got more deflections than with the spinning. Maybe the more flexible type of flight would deflect less, I prefer the more rigid. Just my experience and use the system for my match play and most of my home relaxation.

I also prefer the standard over the Air, but lately have been liking the Fit Pro S shape.  I use the spinning shaft with tridents and they seem to last forever.  When I was playing leauge, I had a separate set of flights for leauge nights, and when they showed a bit of wear, I would rotate them as practice flights,, and get a new set for league.  Tridents or Tornado points really extend flight life.
Just wondering how anyone is getting on with Robson flights? New crystal version the same or is it a softer/harder material. I’ve used fit and lstyle. 8 flight have been junk. The fit I went thru 5 carbon stems in a few months. Flights held up ok but l style held up better with cheap nylon shafts. Issue is, flights do come off often. Robson seem a tighter fit and easier to get back on. Also unrelated to molded flights. Hopefully not out of line asking this…..best carbon stem for the price? Like the laro….but 18$?
Thanks for any thoughts and recommendations.
(09-05-2022, 09:59 PM)Dobs9674 Wrote: Just wondering how anyone is getting on with Robson flights? New crystal version the same or is it a softer/harder material. I’ve used fit and lstyle. 8 flight have been junk. The fit I went thru 5 carbon stems in a few months. Flights held up ok but l style held up better with cheap nylon shafts. Issue is, flights do come off often. Robson seem a tighter fit and easier to get back on. Also unrelated to molded flights. Hopefully not out of line asking this…..best carbon stem for the price? Like the laro….but 18$?
Thanks for any thoughts and recommendations.

Personally not a fan of the Robson flights.

I normally use L-Style when using moulded flights, and can highly recommend Harrows Supergrip Carbon stems which are very inexpensive compared to others. Work great with the L-Style flights as well.

In fact, I've never broken a stem using the Supergrip Carbon / L-style combo.
Agree on Harrows Supergrip Carbon stems
Awesome. Thanks for the advise. Sticking with l style and will try the harrows stems. My harrows marathon flights last forever. In the states everything is twice except our wages.
What I have found with Robson flights, is that when you do pop a flight off it will keep coming off from then on until you change stem.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

B: 23g    S: Medium    F: Kite    180s: 2/13