Cuesoul

Molded Flights
I've got Robson on all of my sets now and we really like them. Hold up very well and fly true
Thought I'd revisit this thread, since I've done something unexpected. 

I've decided I like molded flight systems.  Specifically, I like L Style with cheaper stems.  Nothing wrong with L Style's stems, but reducing sticker shock has been an issue with these systems for me personally.  Well, thanks to Chappers' tip, the One80 Vice works fine.  So I'm buying flights that last for months and months.  Sure they mark up, but there's nothing wrong with them.  And of course, your "bling" options are limited.

Now if I can resist spinners, the world still makes sense - lol.
(07-16-2019, 04:02 AM)nixer55 Wrote: Now if I can resist spinners, the world still makes sense - lol.

HaHaHa,,,,, Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

When I restarted my darting hobby again a few years ago ,,, I too bought every type of system their was at the time and I come to the conclusion that if you throw it,,, it will break,,,,, Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

That being said ,,,for me most all these are to heavy and just not balanced right for me and the way I throw,,,,, Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I throw short light darts (mostly soft tip),,,, but when I do enter steel tip tournaments,,, I use conversion points,,,,there is something about the way a solid steel point of the Steel tip set that throws the balance off too,,,,,I have found 1 set of steel darts I am starting to work with and like,,, now to find the right shaft and flight combo to make them land like I want,,,back to flights ,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I require the lightest flight I can find,,, I prefer .75 microns regular standard flights,,, but as anyone that uses them knows these are being replaced with tougher heavier 100 micron fold-able flights,,,,, and as the result the balance of my dart is being affected,,, Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Out of all the molded flight systems the Condor and L Style are my 2 favorites,,L Style being my top choice,,, L Style just come out with a all-in-one flight molded ( no rigs or caps) that I want to try ,,, Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Has anyone here in the Nut house tried these yet,, and if so my big ? is how much do they weigh???

Keep on aRockin',,,,,
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Updated
Awesome review and info, thank you. After reading this and comments, I'll likely give Fit Air w/spinning shafts a try. Cheers!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
(07-31-2019, 01:29 PM)0ldjoblo Wrote:
(07-16-2019, 04:02 AM)nixer55 Wrote: Now if I can resist spinners, the world still makes sense - lol.

HaHaHa,,,,, Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

When I restarted my darting hobby again a few years ago ,,, I too bought every type of system their was at the time and I come to the conclusion that if you throw it,,, it will break,,,,, Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

That being said ,,,for me most all these are to heavy and just not balanced right for me and the way I throw,,,,, Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I throw short light darts (mostly soft tip),,,, but when I do enter steel tip tournaments,,, I use conversion points,,,,there is something about the way a solid steel point of the Steel tip set that throws the balance off too,,,,,I have found 1 set of steel darts I am starting to work with and like,,, now to find the right shaft and flight combo to make them land like I want,,,back to flights ,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I require the lightest flight I can find,,, I prefer .75 microns regular standard flights,,, but as anyone that uses them knows these are being replaced with tougher heavier 100 micron fold-able flights,,,,, and as the result the balance of my dart is being affected,,, Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Out of all the molded flight systems the Condor and L Style are my 2 favorites,,L Style being my top choice,,, L Style just come out with a all-in-one flight molded ( no rigs or caps) that I want to try ,,, Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Has anyone here in the Nut house tried these yet,, and if so my big ? is how much do they weigh???

Keep on aRockin',,,,,

If you've tried the normal L Style flights with champagne caps I'm guessing they'll weigh just the same, they look like they just have the cap built in. Unfortunately the battery has gone on my scales so can't weigh the normal ones atm. I've avoided the new ones as I prefer metal champagne caps, I've managed to skewer the plastic caps a couple of times.
Bulls NL 501 pyramid grip 24g
L Style flights & stems
Unicorn Volute points
so overall, with the Fit Air Flights it's a lottery when it comes to durability?
also, is there ever rattle in these?
thanks for the help!
(10-02-2019, 06:32 PM)Andrei Răducanu Wrote: so overall, with the Fit Air Flights it's a lottery when it comes to durability?
also, is there ever rattle in these?
thanks for the help!

It's like any flight you try and see for yourself, i never had any rattle
I’ve been happy with Condors for a while, but just tried Robsons and really like them. Having a solid stem versus the flex ones in the Condors makes a big difference.
" Updated " 8 Flight System added
I'm still very happy with my L Style stuff but I fancied a change so I've just ordered a couple of sets of fit flight air to try. I hated Cosmo's spinning stems for some reason (I bought a set to try with the Deltas from Brian) but I like the fixed ones so I've ordered some slim and hybrid to try.
Bulls NL 501 pyramid grip 24g
L Style flights & stems
Unicorn Volute points
(12-18-2019, 02:09 PM)Chappers Wrote: I'm still very happy with my L Style stuff but I fancied a change so I've just ordered a couple of sets of fit flight air to try.  I hated Cosmo's spinning stems for some reason (I bought a set to try with the Deltas from Brian) but I like the fixed ones so I've ordered some slim and hybrid to try.

I've gone back to L-Style in the last month or so, also have some Delta i like those too & gave a bunch away for people to try, with the slim shafts i found it kinda like a reflex point but at the back
I've used L-Style, Cosmo Fit Flight, Condor, and Robson Plus.  Obviously the downside of using these flights is they don't travel as easily as folded flights.  When I just want to throw my darts in my pocket when heading out in case I might end up playing somewhere I don't want them to take up much space.  That's not possible with molded flights.  Other than that and the extra cost, molded flights are better in my opinion

I prefer the Robsons because they work with any shafts I've tried them with.  I throw my Target Phil Taylors with the Power shafts they came with.  They are the only molded flights that fit and I finally don't have to keep buying the tops for those shafts from Robin Hoods destroying them.  If I throw darts other than the Taylors I use Supergrips or Designa nylon, or Winmau carbon shafts.  The Winmau shafts are the cheapest carbon shafts I could find.  The problem with them is they don't grip well and poly flights fall out all of the time, but since I switched to the molded flights that's no longer a problem.  Although, I really don't need the carbon shafts anymore since molded flights also protect the shaft enough that even the nylons last a long time.

I didn't like the Fit Flights because I have no choice than to use the fit flight shafts and the shafts and flights weren't durable (I haven't tried the new versions which I read are better).  Ends up costing more since they break so much.  I wasn't a fan of the Condors because I didn't like how flexible the shafts were.  L-Styles were my second favorite, but they didn't fit on the Taylor power shafts.  The Robsons are the best since they allow me choice of shaft and don't cost too much when you consider how long they last.
Favorite darts: 22 gram Target Phil Taylor G4, 22 gram Laserdarts Black Widows 
Boards:  Winmau Blade 5, Gladiator III, Gran Board 3s (soft), Widdy (American)
I just got some Robson Plus Fantail Moulded flights and they work very well on my Empire Aluminium M3 Stems, they are great with my steel tip set up and will work on almost any stem. They seem to be holding up well and I play and practice a lot, they fly great and better for me than folded flights.

When I convert my M3 darts to Soft tip mode I take off the long screw on steel tips and put on the M3 23mm soft tips which shortens the dart by around 15 mm or more, I then use the Cosmo fit flight air super Kites and I just forced my M3 Aluminium shafts into them and stuck them in place with Superglue. They work great with my soft tip set up.
Ok i couldn't add more pics to my original post so gonna stick this here

Cosmo Fit Flight Pro

So i was lucky enough to be asked if i wanted to try & review these flights before there release, I'd like to thank Cosmo for asking me, i was ask to give my honest opinion on these & i will, first test was with the S-4 then i tested the V-4 both are the 33mm model

S-4
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

As you can see on the middle flight i had a section rip off, these flights only lasted 457 rounds

V-4
This is the results after 600 rounds
D-4
These are the D-4 Fit Flight Pro Pear shape

The D-4 lasted until round 341, like the other Flights these rip as the flight protecters hard center deflects & rips the flights, i got a big rip in the one which i eventually ripped the hanging piece off as it was causing deflections & annoyed me, they seem to take a bit less damage but i also think thats because of the rounded top

As you can see they dont hold up the best, my main problem with them is the top piece of the the flight is a hard piece of plastic that acts as a flight protector, but that also deflects the darts to where it just wears around that center piece & chews up the flights, because of this the flights just rip,tear & fold over, in bright light you can actually see pieces of the flight come off when hit with another darts, also because of this deflection are common plenty of darts on the floor ( or in my case plenty of new holes on my dresser below the board), But i dont hate or dislike everything about these flights if thats what your thinking, i like the new center channel with no hump where your shaft goes in, i also like the new S shape but rather it in there fit flights & i like that feel like a regular flight thickness wise

Normally i would say here go try for yourself, but i'm kinda on the fence about that, at one point i thought these might work better for soft tip players, but i'm not sure they would fair any better, i'm also gonna add with so many sizes players might not be to sure on what size to use & might turn them off these, all i can say if they interest you should  think hard on what shape & size your you want, hope this helps i did have fun trying these the last month, sorry the pics aren't the best but hard to get good light here in the winter lol