Any Military Veterans here ?
I know Mac was in.
I was in Army from 1964-1971 a difficult time to say the least
yeah want do ya want?
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
that does not include girl scouts Grippo
(11-14-2013, 05:27 PM)*Saber* Wrote: I know Mac was in.
I was in Army from 1964-1971 a difficult time to say the least

I'm assuming you did a tour or more in Nam being in the Army those years. I joined the Navy right out of high school in 70, went to Orlando for boot camp and 8 weeks in my left shoulder separated real bad. That was something like the 15th time my shoulder had been out of joint since I was a kid. The Drs. said I had a congenital defect in the shoulder, refused to operate to fix it since it wasn't service connected and Uncle Sam didn't want the liability.

Long story short, after 3 weeks in a medical holding company, I was shipped home. Two weeks after returning home, I tried to enlist in the Marines. They wouldn't have me. So I went to the Army Recruiter and they turned me down. I told him I'd try the Air Force and he said "Son, if the Army doesn't want you, nobody wants you."

And they didn't.
You tried and for that I salute you.
And I salute you for your service. I lost a cousin who was a copter pilot in Nam. Funny thing is, he did 3 tours of duty flying in and out of LZ's and after Nam ended he trained copter pilots. One day he had several guys in his copter and it had mechanical problems, crashed and burned. It killed all aboard. I thought it ironic that he went in a war zone and did what he did, only to lose his life in a routine operation.

Life is funny that way sometimes.
USAF 1967 - 1971. :usa:
(11-14-2013, 10:31 PM)*Saber* Wrote: that does not include girl scouts Grippo

It was the girl guides actually!

They threw me out anyway, coz I wasn't tough enough Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
us army 86-89
I am humbled by you all...... every single one of you has my unequivocal respect and admiration.

God Bless
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Mission "KURO" M4 rear taper design- 23GmYellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

Thanks Dorian appreciate that comment - wasn't always like that back in the day.
British Army 2004-2012
I salute you my friend.
Thanks, That's a hell of an era to be in the army! great respect!
I was in the Marine Corps with 3/1 out Pendleton/Camp Horno as an 0311. I lucked out and ended up getting into STA before my first deployment and stayed there till CAP'd out. STA is already ruthless to Marines with a few pumps under the belt...let's just say joining as a boot made things interesting. A lot of fun "games." hahaha

Only reason I got the chance was due to a lot of our unit extending for the previous deployment so the unit was bone dry when we came from ITB. I was in the right place at the right time.

If anyone is thinking about the Marines and or possibly getting into a sniper platoon, feel free to PM me and I will answer questions truthfully/candidly. I have close friends that stayed in and ended up moving onto Force and MARSOC (their training pipelines are incredible) so I can put you in contact with them too.

I had a lot of great times but it's by no means glamorous or how movies make it to be. Only regret is that I never attended basic school. I had a slot but ended up having to take leave due to a death in the family. All-in-all it really doesn't mean much since you get the same training in your platoon as you do in the school...but the school is definitely more intense/lot more range time.

Got to play in Fallujah/Sunni Triangle while operating out of patrol bases aka houses we bought from Iraqi families...that was fun times.

I ended up getting out as a Corporal which was amazing due to our ridiculous cutting scores. Think I picked up E4 with a 1735 score. lol Not as bad as the poor 51s.
I had maxed out my PFT, high pros and cons, maxed out those stupid Marine book/tests (Math for Marines herp derp)....at that point it becomes a waiting game since the only way to gain points was waiting for the next quarter to gain 21 more points.

Nothing worse than grunt with 2 pumps on their belt being told to clean the head by a boot Comm guy because he picked up with a 1400. hahaha Grunts were an angry bunch but most of it revolved around garrison (aka be at the armory at 4am, sit around for 4 hours, get to the range, find out the ammo isn't there, sit for another 4 hours, then the range gets called off because buffalo decide to roam behind the target berms. haha

I wouldn't trade it for anythng though...met some incredible people that will always be friends for life. I would do anything for them and I know they would do the same.

P.S. We worked with Army, Navy, Philippine Marines, and a few others...everyone was top notch. Did some of the best intel training (and learning how to search a house properly) at Fort Irwin. You don't realize how little the Marines have until you visit other bases. I am sooooooooo envious of the Army/Air Force bases in Iraq though. My cammies were crunchy from not showering for months except for the occasional baby wipe bath. We at local food (aka constant diarrhea) and just lived in miserable conditions. The ground temps were well in the 130s and no AC in site. Getting on an Air Force/Army FOB was like heaven for us...except the time we got kicked out of the chow hall for smelling so bad. haha I remember the pancake bar at TQ was 10 feet long...and endless supplies of bacon. I ate better at Army/Air Force FOBs than I did back home at Pendleton.